Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To be fair to them they’ve had 2 really tough games. Still seems they fall into the trap / are a willing participant in the drama machine of amplified reactions to everything Man U do. There’s no shame in losing at Brighton and getting pasted off Liverpool - the same happened to us last year.

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Because he fired a load of admin assistants and hired some more suits for the boardroom? The team hasn’t moved forward.

Are you basing this on two losses against two very good sides? People are forgetting we were conceding 20-30 shots a game at the end of last season.

I think a few of you are jumping the gun to be honest. It would be like me starting to hammer Newcastle because you've been outplayed by every side you've played this season, and the quality of sides is far, far less than the ones we've played. It's early, I'm not sticking my neck out. :lol:

Just now, Theregulars said:

To be fair to them they’ve had 2 really tough games. Still seems they fall into the trap / are a willing participant in the drama machine of amplified reactions to everything Man U do. There’s no shame in losing at Brighton and getting pasted off Liverpool - the same happened to us last year.

this is neither the time or the place

Just now, Theregulars said:

Nail on the head here. It's important to note we were extremely unlucky to lose against Brighton as well, and we handed it to Liverpool. 

It does nothing to ease the pressure though.

12 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Are you basing this on two losses against two very good sides? People are forgetting we were conceding 20-30 shots a game at the end of last season.

I think a few of you are jumping the gun to be honest. It would be like me starting to hammer Newcastle because you've been outplayed by every side you've played this season, and the quality of sides is far, far less than the ones we've played. It's early, I'm not sticking my neck out. :lol:

You think Brighton are a much better side than Spurs? 

1 minute ago, Parsley said:

You think Brighton are a much better side than Spurs? 

No I think Liverpool are a much better side than Spurs. I think Fulham are a much better side than Southampton. I think Brighton are at least better than Bournemouth.

Let's just say we beat Liverpool 2-1, but with 34% possession like you and conceding 20 shots at home. What would you say about us? You don't need to answer. We know the answer.

Red card or not, let's just say we beat Fulham 1-0 with 10 men, but had *checks notes* 22% possession and conceded 19 shots. What would you say about us? You don't need to answer. We know the answer.

Spawny, jammy etc. You would have had a field day.

2 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

We've looked shite, then again we haven't spent nearly 3 quarters of billion pounds like Eric to look shite.

Howe's spending has matched Ten Hag's up until the previous window, and given your bids on Olise, Guehi etc., you would have spent more had you not been turned down/priced out.

24 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I thought you were poor against Fulham as well and got away with it. 

Newcastle have issues, there’s a reason our wins have been getting called Man Uesque.

Its early days but both clubs are showing familiar weaknesses.

Once again posting to remind everyone that spending x on a relegation threatened team that hasn't been invested in for the best part of 14 years isn't remotely the same as spending x on an already European/Title chasing team that had over a billion net spent on it in the same time period.

Edited by Kid Icarus

18 minutes ago, Froggy said:

No I think Liverpool are a much better side than Spurs. I think Fulham are a much better side than Southampton. I think Brighton are at least better than Bournemouth.

Let's just say we beat Liverpool 2-1, but with 34% possession like you and conceding 20 shots at home. What would you say about us? You don't need to answer. We know the answer.

Red card or not, let's just say we beat Fulham 1-0 with 10 men, but had *checks notes* 22% possession and conceded 19 shots. What would you say about us? You don't need to answer. We know the answer.

Spawny, jammy etc. You would have had a field day.

Howe's spending has matched Ten Hag's up until the previous window, and given your bids on Olise, Guehi etc., you would have spent more had you not been turned down/priced out.

How is Man U’s wage bill looking compared to what Howe is working with?

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I thought you were poor against Fulham as well and got away with it. 

Well that's just pure and utter nonsense. :lol: If you think that there's no talking to you. We absolutely battered Fulham.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Once again posting to remind everyone that spending x on a relegation threatened team that hasn't been invested in for the best part of 14 years isn't remotely the same as spending x on an already European/Title chasing team that had over a billion spent on it in the same time period.

Once again posting to remind everyone that I'm talking about transfer spend vs. transfer spend as a single metric, due to the post aimed in my direction by Bimpy. It was put to me that Howe hasn't spent what Ten Hag has, I simply replied saying that he has up until the most recent window, and would have matched it again only clubs and players turned your offers down.

Did/does Newcastle's squad need more investment than ours due to how Ashley ran the club into the ground? Of course. 

Just now, Kimbo said:

How is Man U’s wage bill looking compared to what Howe is working with?

Much higher, although ours is dropping drastically while yours is rising.

Wages wasn't the point that was raised to me though.

We actually have reminded me of ten Hag's Manchester Reds so far this season to be fair. Have been crap for 80% of the games we've had, yet have the points on board. 

The difference being I reckon we will have it figured out soon enough. The same issues certainly won't be here in 2 years time.

I think Ten Hag seems to have sunk to a new level of tactical incompetency this season so far, and it's being exacerbated by asking completely unsuitable players to do things they can't do. 

Against Liverpool they were trying to build from the back with their two centre backs wide and both full backs pushed super far forward and tight to the touchline. Their progressions were entirely reliant on Casemiro being able to receive and play the ball forwards but a) he's never been good at this even in his prime and b) there were limited passing options because Mainoo isn't the best at showing for the ball and their full backs often had a Liverpool winger or 8 between them and the ball. When Casemiro inevitably lost the ball their full backs were miles out of position and they were constantly left defending 3v3 or 2v3 in their own third. Even Rodri would've been exposed having to play like that. Complete nonsense. When you listen to Slot talking after the game he'd identified exactly this from just their first few games and it was easy for them. 

Ugarte doesn't solve this issue either. 

Edited by Smal

19 minutes ago, Smal said:

When you listen to Slot talking after the game he'd identified exactly this from just their first few games and it was easy for them. 

Was it easy for them? They didn't have a shot until Casemiro gifted them a goal. Maybe a bit easier for them once we're chasing the game.

57 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Must say I missed this interaction guys. Only took 180 minutes of football to have you all back after the scare our FA Cup win and transfer window gave you.

It is mad how football is discussed more once football is played, eh.