Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For me Moyes could have easily cost them again last night. Soon as they got the goal to put them ahead in the tie, it was backs against the wall and 10 men behind the ball. Credit to Ferdinand/Jones they remained strong and the back and De Gea was in fine form but the attitude the majority of the second half was stinking. Rooney was just running all over the place in his own half, think he actually forgot his position, unless it was a defensive free role.

Don't want to take the shine off their performance too much, it was a decent showing considering the pressures they were under but it was no way a vintage performance or a telling sign they've turned a corner. On another night, with that type of performance, they could have easily went out. De Gea's double save at 1-0 saved them the tie imo.

Guest neesy111

For me Moyes could have easily cost them again last night. Soon as they got the goal to put them ahead in the tie, it was backs against the wall and 10 men behind the ball. Credit to Ferdinand/Jones they remained strong and the back and De Gea was in fine form but the attitude the majority of the second half was stinking. Rooney was just running all over the place in his own half, think he actually forgot his position, unless it was a defensive free role.

Don't want to take the shine off their performance too much, it was a decent showing considering the pressures they were under but it was no way a vintage performance or a telling sign they've turned a corner. On another night, with that type of performance, they could have easily went out. De Gea's double save at 1-0 saved them the tie imo.

:thup:

:thup:

i can't help myself, why don't you apply this level of analysis and critical thinking to our performances under pardew?

i can't help myself, why don't you apply this level of analysis and critical thinking to our performances under pardew?

He's clearly a wum in that thread, the same way College Dropout was the same in the beginning. It's all about making yourself seen, attention whores the lot of them :p

:lol: I've said a million times, i just think Pardew is a poor version of Moyes. I hate how we can play some lovely football in the first half then come out second and look like a Sunday league side. Don't understand how mangers like Pardew and Moyes manage to change it so much.

In an ideal world i wouldn't want a Moyes/Pardew at my football club, just like if i was one of the huge clubs i wouldn't want Jose. The football they provide is irrelevant to them and results are all that matter. It was sick watching Chelsea not even try and score a 3rd goal against one of the worst CL performances i've ever seen from Galatasary on Tues night, that could have been 4/5/6 if they wanted it. Instead Jose was more than happy with his 2.

:lol: I've said a million times, i just think Pardew is a poor version of Moyes. I hate how we can play some lovely football in the first half then come out second and look like a Sunday league side. Don't understand how mangers like Pardew and Moyes manage to change it so much.

In an ideal world i wouldn't want a Moyes/Pardew at my football club, just like if i was one of the huge clubs i wouldn't want Jose. The football they provide is irrelevant to them and results are all that matter. It was sick watching Chelsea not even try and score a 3rd goal against one of the worst CL performances i've ever seen from Galatasary on Tues night, that could have been 4/5/6 if they wanted it. Instead Jose was more than happy with his 2.

i'm willing to admit i might have missed them but if you can show me some equivalent posts you've made on any number of our horrifically laboured victories i'd really appreciate that because i genuinely don't see them after the games

i'm willing to admit i might have missed them but if you can show me some equivalent posts you've made on any number of our horrifically laboured victories i'd really appreciate that because i genuinely don't see them after the games

The reason i back Pardew a lot on here, is i feel the stick he gets is way over the top. If i was a Man Utd fan i probably would be behind the stick for Moyes because i know the next appointment would be a world class proven manager. I'm not convinced that's the case here, a complete lottery if anything now. Always maintained happy for Ashley to prove me wrong and Pardew was sacked i'd be more fearful than disappointed.

In relation to me not putting a post like that on after one of our games, mainly i'm too overjoyed we've won the match. Sure if i was a Man Utd fan last night, i'd be celebrating the win and leave the criticism of Moyes to another day. I do feel the stick Pardew gets a lot of the time is way overboard then not enough praise when the performances are spot on. I go on the defensive way more than i should on here for him though but it’s mainly because I feel the harshest criticism on here is unjust. We make out like he’s the world's worst manager and he should die, and that’s not even an exaggeration :lol:

End of the day he's a bang average manager who we have in charge, can't get away from that. He's going to make mistakes, even the same ones over and over, he's going to look more to the negative side of football, but he's capable of getting results and springing around some good performances. I'll continue backing him until the sound bytes arrive that a top manager could be on his way. Just then, i might jump on the other side of the fence and provide more critical analysis of our own performances :lol:

For me it's very strange how they don't seem to analyse their patterns and ideas when it costs them again and again.

Moyes last night, and on many occasions this season, makes substitutions and tactical changes that reduces his team's ability to relieve themselves of pressure and keep hold of the ball. We see this with Pardew all the time as well.

Instead of soaking up pressure and punishing the opposition, like most functional teams do when they lead (Liverpool being the prime example this season, us leaving Robert at the half-way line under Sir Bobby), there's some sort of no-mans-land structure that leaves defenders with no options in midfield, and strikers not stretching the opposition. Their entire teams are sitting ducks for the majority of the 2nd half, unable to play themselves out of pressure, hold on to the ball or counter-attack.

Another thing that strikes me is the use of wingers. They're practically being used as extra full-backs when they lead. Instead of countering the opposition further up the pitch, it creates a situation where there isn't any option out wide when the ball is won back. Instead, they (and us) have to operate in small pockets of space in and around our own area and find strikers who seek space out wide. I don't know how many times we've locked the ball with Rémy or Shola just below the half-way line and consequently lost it to a throw in etc.

Meanwhile, if a team like Liverpool score first, they've practically won the game as they will pick off their opponents for 90 minutes because they leave options further up the pitch.

Again, how this has not sunk in for Pardew or Moyes is beyond me.

The reason i back Pardew a lot on here, is i feel the stick he gets is way over the top. If i was a Man Utd fan i probably would be behind the stick for Moyes because i know the next appointment would be a world class proven manager. I'm not convinced that's the case here, a complete lottery if anything now. Always maintained happy for Ashley to prove me wrong and Pardew was sacked i'd be more fearful than disappointed.

In relation to me not putting a post like that on after one of our games, mainly i'm too overjoyed we've won the match. Sure if i was a Man Utd fan last night, i'd be celebrating the win and leave the criticism of Moyes to another day. I do feel the stick Pardew gets a lot of the time is way overboard then not enough praise when the performances are spot on. I go on the defensive way more than i should on here for him though but it’s mainly because I feel the harshest criticism on here is unjust. We make out like he’s the world's worst manager and he should die, and that’s not even an exaggeration :lol:

End of the day he's a bang average manager who we have in charge, can't get away from that. He's going to make mistakes, even the same ones over and over, he's going to look more to the negative side of football, but he's capable of getting results and springing around some good performances. I'll continue backing him until the sound bytes arrive that a top manager could be on his way. Just then, i might jump on the other side of the fence and provide more critical analysis of our own performances :lol:

tell you what, i'll sit and wait until we win a home game 3-0 and then have a scout about for your objective analysis of pardew's performance :lol:

tell you what, i'll sit and wait until we win a home game 3-0 and then have a scout about for your objective analysis of pardew's performance :lol:

You'll be lucky :lol: Probably find a drunken rant how you're all Pardew hating dickheads and Newcastle are the best team in the world  :aww:

Teams low on genuine confidence tend to go on the defensive when they are in the lead.

While i'm not sure Man Utd and Moyes are a good fit, there's nothing wrong with being solid first and foremost. Tactically, that's Mourinho's modus operandi, a defensively strong counter attacking teams with pace and strength up front and wide. Mou is also good at getting the most out of certain attackers, that's what Moyes has always been poor at. #9 rarely do well for him.

You'll be lucky :lol: Probably find a drunken rant how you're all Pardew hating dickheads and Newcastle are the best team in the world  :aww:

well that was the point :lol:

Also very monotonous, dull, deadly dull, uninteresting, unexciting, unvaried, unvarying, lacking variety, mind-numbing, mindless, soul-destroying, soulless, humdrum, dreary, ho-hum, mundane, wearisome, wearying, soporific, dry, as dry as dust, arid, lifeless, colourless, monochrome, uninspired, uninspiring, flat, plodding, slow, banal, vapid, insipid, bland, lacklustre, prosaic, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian, jejune, leaden, heavy.