Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Canny pleased for Moyes tbf.

Why? :lol: He's as miserable as they come.

He is, and his style of football isn't much to desire, but I just think he has - in a way - drawn the short straw going there. He's not a bad manager and the way the media go on about him suggests he is. No-one would have matched up to Ferguson who wasn't already at a "super club" for love of a better term. Sticks two fingers up at the media and any fans doubting him the result tonight.

For me, from what little I have seen of ManUre this season, it's the players who need to be held responsible and the amount of desire shown.

Moyes has proved over the past 12 years he's a very good manager. The opposing argument is incredibly weak.

If you dig about (or read a couple of pages back) you'll find some Gold  O0

Bobbins!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a f***ing mongslut.

EDIT: lady of the night who has little to no level of intelligence.

Cannot disrespect your elders... :smug:

He is, and his style of football isn't much to desire, but I just think he has - in a way - drawn the short straw going there. He's not a bad manager and the way the media go on about him suggests he is. No-one would have matched up to Ferguson who wasn't already at a "super club" for love of a better term. Sticks two fingers up at the media and any fans doubting him the result tonight.

For me, from what little I have seen of ManUre this season, it's the players who need to be held responsible and the amount of desire shown.

Moyes has proved over the past 12 years he's a very good manager. The opposing argument is incredibly weak.

Moyes has proved he's good at making a limited team perform well in the English leagues with a limited budget. If that's your height of ambition then I suppose Hull city have done well.

Moyes has proved he's good at making a limited team perform well in the English leagues with a limited budget. If that's your height of ambition then I suppose Hull city have done well.

He needs to be given 1 or 2 more years before he is truly judged in my opinion.

The owners' won't see it that way though.

At a specific club with specific aims/resources, I'd agree without question.

He's failed miserably to step it up though and achieve what he should have achieved with the raw materials he inherited. He's taken over the league champions and could very well finish 7th. Building a battling squad against the odds to punch above their (financial) weight he's excellent. Taking a massively talented squad and maintaining the continued success then he's fallen flat on his face.

He's a very good manager but only if the club suits his skill-set. He's the wrong man at the wrong club and it's only a matter of time before they bin him for a better fit. Could be months, could be years but Moyes will never deliver the level of success that a club of that stature needs and demands. 

He needs to be given 1 or 2 more years before he is truly judged in my opinion.

The owners' won't see it that way though.

That's because they have already been stung by his over-valuation of tall limited players like Fellaini.

:lol:

Did Hull City accumulate more points than any other side PL side barring Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool during Moyes' 11 years at Everton?

That's because they have already been stung by his over-valuation of tall limited players like Fellaini.

This is coming from the poster who repeatedly insisted that the best manager the league's ever seen rightly wanted to sign Cheick Tiote for Man U, by the way.

Moyes is a better version of Pardew but that's about it. He's a defensive minded manager, he's reactive rather than proactive. He's bought Fellaini but doesn't know where to play him and Mata who he plays as a winger as he hasn't got the balls to let him play as a 10, and move Rooney somewhere else. As for Everton they are a much better team to watch under Martinez who is a good manager. Tiote is maybe not the greatest player in the world but he's streets ahead of anybody MU have playing in his position as is Cabaye. And Moyes bought Fellaini.

Did Hull City accumulate more points than any other side PL side barring Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool during Moyes' 11 years at Everton?

This is coming from the poster who repeatedly insisted that the best manager the league's ever seen rightly wanted to sign Cheick Tiote for Man U, by the way.

When I make an assessment of a player I don't need pie charts or stats usually. That's not to say Tiote, Colo, Enrique and Williamson have been great players necessarily, just they were good buys at the time. Your support of Steve Taylor and Moyes doesn't stand up so well. I backed Rodgers for Liverpool because he played correct football. You scoffed at that, but which team is heading in the right direction right now between Man U and the scousers?

isn't the point that in taking the MU job you'd expect moyes to up his game and move up a level in quality, standard and stature?  so far he's shown nothing of this, he's still behaving like a preston manager

my MU supporting mate is very much of this opinion, it's another pardew thing as has been said - we're only allowed to judge him when he's had 250m to spend on a new team are we?  fuck that, he's responsible for their shite season and should be held to task for it

again contrast with rodgers who went into liverpool to implement a specific style of play knowing that would take time without sovereign state money, what exactly is moyes trying to implement there that could justify a drop from champions to this season?

It is like the high quality football Everton played consistently over several seasons have been suddenly been forgotten. Give Moyes a chance to build a team and he will be fine.

No they didn't. They weren't exactly exciting to watch and not once during Moyes' reign, not once, did they beat Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man United. Not once in what was it, 11 years? That's quite astonishing, and telling.

Moyes is a pragmatic small club manager, just like Pardew. Maybe he'll rise to the challenge, but then again maybe he won't.

It is like the high quality football Everton played consistently over several seasons have been suddenly been forgotten. Give Moyes a chance to build a team and he will be fine.

No they didn't. They weren't exactly exciting to watch and not once during Moyes' reign, not once, did they beat Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man United. Not once in what was it, 11 years? That's quite astonishing, and telling.

Moyes is a pragmatic small club manager, just like Pardew. Maybe he'll rise to the challenge, but then again maybe he won't.

You've just made this up though :lol:

:thup:

Look I kind of agree, he has done very well for himself with Everton and I always thought he'd be a very good replacement for Sir Alex. The problem with him though from which I can gather from this season is that he doesn't seem to be able to have his team accept that they're the bigger team. He's mostly had his team play as underdogs in bigger games, and he comes in with the same mentality with his Man U side. Obviously, he's come in when the team is declining in both age and performance but he still sets his team up every week like he was managing an Everton side that was looking to finish top 6. To me he just doesn't seem to grasp the fact that he's managing a side that should be fighting for a league win. I think it would be harsh to sack him now, especially given the circumstances he's come into, but I'm not sure he's the right option either. The board will have to make a decision come end of the season and neither would surprise me.

An example is yesterday, you're up 3-0 against Olympiacos but you give them the possibility to score, they never looked comfortable and with a bit of unluck like against Fulham and they're out. I saw his Everton side play very good football at times, but never consistently, and he for me has a bit of that Pardew mentality, just extremely scared of conceding goals rather than looking towards scoring goals.

I do think it's harsh to call him a shit manager or coward, or even in Pardew's mould as he's a much better manager without a shadow of a doubt. But I think the questioning is absolutely right as there is huge doubts whether he's the right man for the job.

When I make an assessment of a player I don't need pie charts or stats usually. That's not to say Tiote, Colo, Enrique and Williamson have been great players necessarily, just they were good buys at the time. Your support of Steve Taylor and Moyes doesn't stand up so well. I backed Rodgers for Liverpool because he played correct football. You scoffed at that, but which team is heading in the right direction right now between Man U and the scousers?

I can't decide whether you're a WUM or just utterly thick as mince.