Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've responded normally plenty of times tbf, you surely must realise you're also incredibly thin-skinned when it comes to Man United 

I'm honestly not. I just enjoy the back and forth abuse. I'm well aware we're minging in many ways.

If someone wants to genuinely talk about that, I'll do it. If someone wants to take the piss and mock I'll go on the offensive. I think it's fair game to be honest. :lol: 

I get they don't want clubs to take the piss out of them with transfer fees, as they have been stung over the years but the lowballing offers they have made for Ashworth and now Branthwaite which are well below the valuations the selling clubs have set does scream of how we were ran under Ashley.

14 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Fucking Man U fans - every other group of fans I know are sound enough where you can have a two way conversation with them and they’ll say things like “yeah we were in the V wrong there” or whatever but not Man U fans in my experience. They’re just so blind sighted and single mined.

I still think Liverpool and Arsenal fans are the worst, and Sunderland fans when it comes to us.

8 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I get they don't want clubs to take the piss out of them with transfer fees, as they have been stung over the years but the lowballing offers they have made for Ashworth and now Branthwaite which are well below the valuations the selling clubs have set does scream of how we were ran under Ashley.

If you genuinely asked us which approach we prefer, we'd take this one every day of the week. Woodward destroyed our standing in the market and his proteges were even worse. We'd end up paying £90m for this kid under the old regime.

26 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I'm honestly not. I just enjoy the back and forth abuse. I'm well aware we're minging in many ways.

If someone wants to genuinely talk about that, I'll do it. If someone wants to take the piss and mock I'll go on the offensive. I think it's fair game to be honest. :lol: 

This side of the general Twitter lunatics, you are definitely thin-skinned about Man United imo like. :lol:

There have been plenty of times I've posted taking the piss out of Man United just in general - one of my favourite recreational activities on here - and you've replied to it like it was sent to you personally and about you personally.

Maybe my intuition is off but to me it couldn't be any clearer that even pretty mild criticism of Man United (that isn't coming from you) has the potential to really get under your skin. I just laugh about it now tbh :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

This side of the general Twitter lunatics, you are definitely thin-skinned about Man United imo like. :lol:

There have been plenty of times I've posted taking the piss out of Man United just in general - one of my favourite recreational activities on here - and you've replied to it like it was sent to you personally and about you personally.

Maybe my intuition is off but to me it couldn't be any clearer that even pretty mild criticism of Man United (that isn't coming from you) has the potential to really get under your skin. I just laugh about it now tbh :lol:

Come At Me Old Timey Baseball GIF by Team Coco

22 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd say we're both laughing about the same thing to be honest. :lol: I enjoy it.

Froggy whenever we remind him that Brexit Jim is a tightarse cunt, most Man Utd fans have never been to Manchester, the Glaziers are actually good lads and the billion pound Man Utd squad is worth about tuppence:

wow GIF

Edited by bobbydazzla

7 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Froggy whenever we remind him that Brexit Jim is a tightarse cunt, most Man Utd fans have never been to Manchester, the Glaziers are actually good lads and the billion pound Man Utd squad is worth about tuppence:

More like: 

Getting Ready Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

Premier League Ogen GIF by Play Sports

Animated GIF

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

If you genuinely asked us which approach we prefer, we'd take this one every day of the week. Woodward destroyed our standing in the market and his proteges were even worse. We'd end up paying £90m for this kid under the old regime.

Surely you have to wait and see how it plays out. If you keep missing out on targets and having to go to 3rd, 4th or 5th more inferior targets like we did under Ashley you’ll swiftly wish you were back doing it the other way. When the scout identified Aubameyang and we sign Rivire no cunt was saying it was a good way to operate. Like it or loathe it you have to spend big at the top level  

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Surely you have to wait and see how it plays out. If you keep missing out on targets and having to go to 3rd, 4th or 5th more inferior targets like we did under Ashley you’ll swiftly wish you were back doing it the other way. When the scout identified Aubameyang and we sign Rivire no cunt was saying it was a good way to operate. Like it or loathe it you have to spend big at the top level  

We will spend big. I don't think anyone is realistically suggesting otherwise. 

I'm saying I'd rather we start bidding at the low end rather than go for the Woodward method of paying £10m over the asking price with the opening offer.

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We will spend big. I don't think anyone is realistically suggesting otherwise. 

I'm saying I'd rather we start bidding at the low end rather than go for the Woodward method of paying £10m over the asking price with the opening offer.

There’s a massive difference between starting the bidding low versus making ridiculous offers that are so pathetically derisory that there was absolutely no point in Brexit Jim plugging in the fax machine to send them 

26 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Thing is, it’s not a strategic approach with some long-term big brain plan behind it, you just don’t have the money. It’s been stated several times in the press post Rat’s arrival that this is the case.  Rat is there to keep costs down and placate fan unrest. The Glazers have spent untold billions (like good owners do) and he’s there to tighten belts. All the signs are there. Low ball bids, trying to use media pressure to push prices down, asking for a free stadium. 

I’m baffled when I read links to top players on Sky Sports, for high prices. Top players don’t go to Man Utd for a start, and they can’t afford them. Maybe if you sell a high proportion of your top earners but that’s far easier said than done. No one in their right mind is buying such highly paid damaged goods. 

What Rat’s doing now, lowballing, Ashley did it with us, and we watched on as we missed out on key target after key target because he wouldn’t (couldn’t) pay the extra which set us back years. This started a chain reaction of dampening expectations, which has already begun with your lot. He also appointed incompetent people in positions of power who’d take the criticism and stand up for him (cough cough). 

Obviously the soup of delusion is thicker with your lot so it’ll take longer but we already see it with your fans being over the moon to win the FA Cup. But you finished 8th and are nowhere near being title challengers anymore.

You’re being overtaken by us and others, regularly get beaten by teams you would have brushed aside years ago, have a farcical media circus surrounding the club (mainly built up of ex players who don’t have the club’s best interests at heart). The football is just the worst. ten Hag had been sacked about ten times before you decided to give him a new contract. I couldn’t think of another club with a bigger gap between expectation and reality.

I fancy a stinker of a season for them. Ten Hag sacked in November and a temporary and/or poorly thought out replacement brought in to guide them to 10th. And one of their defenders to be caught on video skipping the queue at a petrol station before inquiring, "Do you know who I am?".

5 hours ago, Monkey Alan said:

I fancy a stinker of a season for them. Ten Hag sacked in November and a temporary and/or poorly thought out replacement brought in to guide them to 10th. And one of their defenders to be caught on video skipping the queue at a petrol station before inquiring, "Do you know who I am?".

Southgate will join them during the season if he leaves England is my prediction. They clearly want him and will be available (free) 

One of the Times writers made the point that if Southgate wins the Euros he'll probably want, and get, a crack at the next world cup. If he bombs out, does he really get a chance at a big club should ten Hag struggle?

Also, if ten Hag stays there and extends his contract, it's reported to be on emasculating terms - i.e. less say on transfers and also knowing his club were speaking to other candidates, which surely undermines him from the outset.

Just from the outside, it could be a right old mess [emoji38] Ah well, their mess if so. Mainly bothered about how we finish above them again next season.

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Man U are really just 2 or 3 players, less injuries away from challenging top 4. 

Their biggest issue is attitude and Ten Hag.

Who better was available for them this summer? He's won two cups in two seasons.

He has, largely down to how the players have reacted on the day as opposed to Ten Hag. It would be lazy to say that they were gifted both trophies but, my god they’ve been fortunate.

The mindset that ETH has earned the right to stay is misplaced imo. I’m sure Man U wouldn’t be short of options. Then again, Brexit Jim might be a spanner in those works.