Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe he just liked the colour red? He could have supported us! Wahey.

There's a lot of people on here GC with a strong stance to glory hunters, even if you're not one. They're good lads though.  I got slaughtered in my first year. Your reason is a lot more acceptable than mine for starting to support a club too. I should have lied

http://media.joe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/moyes-out-2.jpg

I trust Moyes though, all joking aside. He needs a couple of seasons. No Europe would be devastating though.

Its the whole "WE" that pisses me off. We, aye fucking right. We won today/We lost today. We? Yep, me from some foreign country who up until Michael Owen had never heard of dear old Liverpool.

:lol: You can't draw the line at who gets to say we. Who's we for us? Our French posters? We is a fan thing.

Its the whole "WE" that pisses me off. We, aye fucking right. We won today/We lost today. We? Yep, me from some foreign country who up until Michael Owen had never heard of dear old Liverpool.

By that logic the only ones allowed to say "we" would be the ones employed by clubs. I.e. players and staff.  :lol: Just because you're from the same city as the club playing doesn't mean you influence the game. And before you say "the fans in the stadium are the 12th man", there's a bunch of non-locals at any sporting event cheering along with you.

I don't know how anyone who supports Newcastle can be classed as a glory supporter :lol: I have no direct connection to the club, hell I'm less than 40 miles from Manchester and at a time when all my friends were starting to follow Man U and Liverpool I fell in love with the toon and never looked back. It has been hell at times, but my loyalty and support has never wavered. The same cannot be said about a lot of Man U supporters, guaranteed they'll lose a lot in the coming year as red turns to blue or the old Arsenal/Liverpool tops get an airing from the back of the cupboards.

Scoff at me or scorn me for not being a "real" supporter or true blood, but cut me and I guaranty it'll be black and white that bleeds out!

A "real" supporter tag is stupid - do you feel joy/misery based on results? Congratulations, you're probably a real supporter. If you're worried about your association with a "brand" you're probably a glory hunter.

That said, and this might be odd coming from a foreigner since we're generally not supposed to agree with this line of thinking, I do acknowledge a difference in fans between local/non-local, or at least those born into support vs not. It changes the way you react to things going on at clubs in subtle, hard to explain ways. And I acknowledge it because of the provincial, tribal, local nature football has - or had, depending upon your cynical outlook at the globalization of "brands".

It's not "better" or "worse", and I think thinking in terms of that is stupid, but it is different.

I actually think that in most of these debates, the foreigners have acknowledged that there are some differences tied to actually having grown up in the city and local stuff rooted in history, like the Tyne-Wear derby will be a much different experience for a local than a non-local due to everything that comes along with it on a day-to-day basis. The issue is more that whilst this is being acknowledged, we're still the scum of the earth.

I'm not really that arsed about all this stuff tbh, what annoys me is when you get into football conversations with people down here (London) who support anyone from Man Utd to Liverpool to Arsenal to Chelsea that quite simply don't have a clue about football, it's infuriating.  You learn quickly to talk to those people about anything other than football and there are enough people down here who do know their stuff though tbf.

I'm not really that arsed about all this stuff tbh, what annoys me is when you get into football conversations with people down here (London) who support anyone from Man Utd to Liverpool to Arsenal to Chelsea that quite simply don't have a clue about football, it's infuriating.  You learn quickly to talk to those people about anything other than football and there are enough people down here who do know their stuff though tbf.

'Polic is okay. :thup:

:yao: :thip: at the edit.

edit: God damn it thomas.

If you pick a football team because of their success and then use that to gloat over people who support their local team then regardless of whether or not a defeat hurts you, you are a cunt.

It's the footballing equivalent of winning the lottery then going down the homeless shelter and burning fifty pound notes in front of them.

What did I do? :shifty:

:lol: wot

:lol: wot

:lol: Let's just move on from these terrible posts.

So what makes a real fan? How long does someone have to be a fan to be a fan, and when are successful teams allowed to accept applications for new fans?