Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What happened to Fellaini anyway? I thought at the start of the season he would have been exactly what they needed a bit of presence in midfield. I haven't seen much football this season apart from our games.

Fellaini is a great player for a team wanting a bit of physicality and grit in midfield, but he'll never get that no 10 role at Man U and played as a defensive player he can be alright but he's just not made for an attacking team.

Some people don't rate him at all, I quite like him but wrong team. You can't afford to be just a destroyer and or weird big man no 10 in a team hoping to win the league.

Really been enjoying Red Cafe this season. Can't wait to listen to 606 tomorrow. Got a tenner coming my way too from a glory hunter at work who said they would still win the title. Easiest money I ever made, fancy him to pay out on Monday.

I don't mind GC. IIRC he's been to Anfield, and made the trek from another continent to do so. Not that it should matter. For every hundred glory hunting cocks there's one or two level-headed non-idiots, and not seen much from GC to place him in the former categroy. Yet.

Newcastle have plenty of foreign fans, at times they get stick here as well for supporting the club. Most annoying argument ever since for instance people from towns Coventr, London and so on seem exempt to that argument, even if they've a better selection of local teams around them than most foreigners do. Nearest fully professional side where I grew up is eight hours away by car. By plane about 55 minutes. Add an hour-ish flight time and you're in the UK. It's all just nonsense. Especially when you look at a thread on here where people state why they started supporting Newcastle, and a lot of the younger locals list up Shearer as a reason.

Now I just hope GC doesn't turn out to be a glory hunting cuntsack since I've bothered defending his choice in having horrid taste in football clubs.

I may have been born in Coventry,  Kaiz, and lived there all of my life but my Father came from the North East and supported Newcastle all of his life . His only son was never going to support anyone else.  And besides in my lifetime,  Coventry City,  my local team have actually won the FA Cup. So even if I had no connection to Newcastle United,  I'd be the antithesis of a glory hunter wouldn't I?

Sorry to say but your post is total bollocks.

I may have been born in Coventry,  Kaiz, and lived there all of my life but my Father came from the North East and supported Newcastle all of his life . His only son was never going to support anyone else.  And besides in my lifetime,  Coventry City,  my local team have actually won the FA Cup. So even if I had no connection to Newcastle United,  I'd be the antithesis of a glory hunter wouldn't I?

It's not though, because where do you draw the line regarding who's "pure blooded" enough to be allowed to support different clubs? Obviously you have the extreme examples with Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City "supporters" who are clearly glory hunters and would change their allegiance the second things went sour or have Real Madrid or Barcelona as their "second team". On the other side of the coin you have people who for some reason, be it a player, family ties or just identifying with the identity of the club and have decided to support it. Now, I'm talking mostly about clubs that aren't the obvious big ones. More about people for example not from Newcastle, supporting Newcastle. I've seen posts on here stating that if you're not born and bred in Newcastle, you're not a "real" supporter. I can understand people not from the city itself not for instance feeling the same relief/hatred in the Tyne-Wear derby and such, as it's rooted a lot deeper than just football, but beyond these specific local incidents I struggle to see the real difference. If someone comes to SJP from far away once or twice a season, they may be spending more to witness just that one game live than a local supporter would for a season ticket. Yet they would get dissed for never attending matches, thus not being a "real" supporter.

I just find it idiotic to attack someone (again, not counting the obvious glory hunters) for supporting a club just because they're not born in the region. I used you as an example billy due to the fact, as I mentioned, people have said one basically have to have grown up in Newcastle to be a real supporter. Yet I don't see you in any way being less of a supporter than anyone actually born in the city.

Example: In this scenario, two persons have the exact same passion for the club. They're born on the same day and have grown up in the same city. (Let's say.... Brighton.) One of them have a great-grandparent from Newcastle. He claims he supports Newcastle because of this, a person he never met. The other loved Gazza, and started supporting Newcastle because of this. As mentioned, they both have the exact same interest and passion levels, just two different reasons. In this scenario, going by some of the debate on the subject on this forum, the guy supporting because of Gazza is a cunt and the other guy is okay because it's family. I just don't see that and I suppose I never will.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its the whole "WE" that pisses me off. We, aye fucking right. We won today/We lost today. We? Yep, me from some foreign country who up until Michael Owen had never heard of dear old Liverpool.

Guest icemanblue

It's not though, because where do you draw the line regarding who's "pure blooded" enough to be allowed to support different clubs? Obviously you have the extreme examples with Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City "supporters" who are clearly glory hunters and would change their allegiance the second things went sour or have Real Madrid or Barcelona as their "second team". On the other side of the coin you have people who for some reason, be it a player, family ties or just identifying with the identity of the club and have decided to support it. Now, I'm talking mostly about clubs that aren't the obvious big ones. More about people for example not from Newcastle, supporting Newcastle. I've seen posts on here stating that if you're not born and bred in Newcastle, you're not a "real" supporter. I can understand people not from the city itself not for instance feeling the same relief/hatred in the Tyne-Wear derby and such, as it's rooted a lot deeper than just football, but beyond these specific local incidents I struggle to see the real difference. If someone comes to SJP from far away once or twice a season, they may be spending more to witness just that one game live than a local supporter would for a season ticket. Yet they would get dissed for never attending matches, thus not being a "real" supporter.

I just find it idiotic to attack someone (again, not counting the obvious glory hunters) for supporting a club just because they're not born in the region. I used you as an example billy due to the fact, as I mentioned, people have said you basically have to have grown up in Newcastle to be a real supporter.

Example: In this scenario, two persons have the exact same passion for the club. They're born on the same day and have grown up in the same city. (Let's say.... Brighton.) One of them have a great-grandparent from Newcastle. He claims he supports Newcastle because of this, a person he never met. The other loved Gazza, and started supporting Newcastle because of this. As mentioned, they both have the exact same interest and passion levels, just two different reasons. In this scenario, going by some of the debate on the subject on this forum, the guy supporting because of Gazza is a cunt and the other guy is okay because it's family. I just don't see that and I suppose I never will.

Nah.

Its the whole "WE" that pisses me off. We, aye f***ing right. We won today/We lost today. We? Yep, me from some foreign country who up until Michael Owen had never heard of dear old Liverpool.

So what man, a lot of people around the world start supporting a team because they like a certain player. ( Heck i did)

But as long as he sticks by that team through the good times and the bad i don't see the issue with it.

This whole dorty foreigners are all glory hunters is fucking bollocks. It's a fucking global sport, and has been for 20 years. My first exposure to NUFC was through watching a documentary on a disabled girl (big fan), and how her love for NUFC kept her positive and made up for all the difficulties she faced. The name of the club stuck with me, and I followed the results on ceefax and Match magazine, and by the end of that season, NUFC were promoted to the premier league, managed by Kevin Keegan.

The rest is history.

If that's considered glory hunting, then fuck it. Whatever. I'm still here 20 odd years later, and if any "true" supporter doesn't like it, they can fuck right off because I'm going nowhere.

This whole dorty foreigners are all glory hunters is f***ing bollocks. It's a f***ing global sport, and has been for 20 years. My first exposure to NUFC was through watching a documentary on a disabled girl (big fan), and how her love for NUFC kept her positive and made up for all the difficulties she faced. The name of the club stuck with me, and I followed the results on ceefax and Match magazine, and by the end of that season, NUFC were promoted to the premier league, managed by Kevin Keegan.

The rest is history.

If that's considered glory hunting, then f*** it. Whatever. I'm still here 20 odd years later, and if any "true" supporter doesn't like it, they can f*** right off because I'm going nowhere.

Ooooooh this'll set the cat among the doves.........does that mean only domestic football fans can be glory hunters ?.

I don't (In US sports I'm a pittsburgh fan, what does that make me ?) but there  is a contradiction in that someone born and bred in Newcastle, no ties to Manchester but a man utd fan is a glory hunter yet one born in Seoul isn't ?

I don't (In US sports I'm a pittsburgh fan, what does that make me ?) but there  is a contradiction in that someone born and bred in Newcastle, no ties to Manchester but a man utd fan is a glory hunter yet one born in Seoul isn't ?

I wouldn't bother with that distinction at all.

Judge a fan by the quality of his support, not by his place of birth.

Glory hunters can be born in Newcastle, Manchester, or Seoul. Real supporters can be born in all of those places as well.

Glory hunters can be born in Newcastle, Manchester, or Seoul. Real supporters can be born in all of those places as well.

to add a caveat to that "judge a fan by the quality of his support, when they are down and have been down for a while and don't look like coming back"

to add a caveat to that "judge a fan by the quality of his support, when they are down and have been down for a while and don't look like coming back"

Behavior during down times is highly probative, of course. That's why everyone here gets free passes.

With Carrick and Rooney out and RVP clearly unfit, I reckon you have to go Felliani battering ram at No. 10 with Hernandez off it.

It's ugly, but it's simple for the players, is something Moyes knows, and can be pretty effective.

If he won't play Felliani as a battering ram or as a DM, it was pointless buying him. It's the only two things he can do.

Quality debate and there are no ill feelings. that's what makes N-O such a great place.

Back to United, big game for them on tuesday. Shakhtar have to win to ensure progression and if they do, United will end up second and get a tough opposition next round. Also, they need a win badly to get some confidence back. Think they'll edge it in a tight  game, as they seem to have maintained their aura in Europe.

Quality debate and there are no ill feelings. that's what makes N-O such a great place.

Back to United, big game for them on tuesday. Shakhtar have to win to ensure progression and if they do, United will end up second and get a tough opposition next round. Also, they need a win badly to get some confidence back. Think they'll edge it in a tight  game, as they seem to have maintained their aura in Europe.

You do yourself no favours :lol: :laugh:

You do yourself no favours :lol: :laugh:

FUCK. Old habits die hard.

Man Utd.