Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I typed :thip: instead of :thup:. Apparently very funny in Mike land.

:lol: It was the 2 in the 1-2 punch of thomas quoting it, and me laughing at it. Then he deleted the shit and now I look like an asshole.

I typed :thip: instead of :thup:. Apparently very funny in Mike land.

:lol: It was the 2 in the 1-2 punch of thomas quoting it, and me laughing at it. Then he deleted the shit and now I look like an asshole.

I thought "in before edit" was too dickish but couldn't think of a good enough edit so I nuked it in like 10 seconds. What a window to catch it in :lol: couldn't plan that if I tried.

If you had Facebook I'd buy you some Domino's, Mike. Fuck Froggy.

:lol: It's rotten here anyway. Fire a Subway my way though.

Ameritoon appreciates me giving him pizza. Need to get him in here.

I'm back in Ireland in February, I'll be more than happy to take advantage of you then. :lol:

Think I liked that e-card more. Froggy doesn't even know we're talking behind his back

Think I liked that e-card more. Froggy doesn't even know we're talking behind his back

I chose it especially for you.  :rose:

I actually think that in most of these debates, the foreigners have acknowledged that there are some differences tied to actually having grown up in the city and local stuff rooted in history, like the Tyne-Wear derby will be a much different experience for a local than a non-local due to everything that comes along with it on a day-to-day basis. The issue is more that whilst this is being acknowledged, we're still the scum of the earth.

:thup: I've never really understood the animosity some local fans have towards our foreign fans. If anything I feel a sense of pride that someone with no affiliation to the area or team has saw something that makes them want to support us. Makes me laugh the criteria people use to try and justify the reasons the have more 'right' to support the team than someone else.

Coverage was fucking rank today, "United" all the time.

Pards refered to them as United in his post match interview, doesn't bother me one bit.

Any team can be called United, City, Rovers etc.. we are Newcastle and I'd much rather people refered to us as that.

I'm not really that arsed about all this stuff tbh, what annoys me is when you get into football conversations with people down here (London) who support anyone from Man Utd to Liverpool to Arsenal to Chelsea that quite simply don't have a clue about football, it's infuriating.  You learn quickly to talk to those people about anything other than football and there are enough people down here who do know their stuff though tbf.

My best mate got into football a couple of years ago because his girlfriend at the time supported Arsenal.  Last night watching the game he told me all about this brilliant new young player Barcelona have who's come out of nowhere called Neymar :anguish:

I'm not really that arsed about all this stuff tbh, what annoys me is when you get into football conversations with people down here (London) who support anyone from Man Utd to Liverpool to Arsenal to Chelsea that quite simply don't have a clue about football, it's infuriating.  You learn quickly to talk to those people about anything other than football and there are enough people down here who do know their stuff though tbf.

My best mate got into football a couple of years ago because his girlfriend at the time supported Arsenal.  Last night watching the game he told me all about this brilliant new young player Barcelona have who's come out of nowhere called Neymar :anguish:

Couple of lads I work with have never been into football and have recently started joining in on talking about it and its so bad, I cant take them seriously

Had a few texts tonight with one of my regulars at the bar who is a Man U fan (actually from Manchester).  We talked about the match and after a few very mature and humbling texts I said that I was surprised with how comfortable we were to which he replied: "It's all good Grant.  You guys deserve it.  You guys had a bad season last year."

Was he being a cheeky dick or genuinely disappointed in his own result?

I think Moyes is shot already. You can see the fear in his eyes.

Not only is he making an almighty bollocks of the biggest job he'll ever get, he's simultaneously having to watch his last 10 years achievements at Everton being systematically belittled by Martinez.

It's lovely to watch.

:)

They've just got a really shit squad and Fergie was just an exceptional manager who made them perform better.

I think their squad is far from shit but current events are certainly putting Ferguson's achievements in an even more impressive light.

Maybe that was his plan in recommending Moyes all along??  :lol:

Still think Moyes will come good given time, although obviously not at SAF level. He inherited a squad lacking in areas and their new CEO screwed him over regarding his transfer targets in the summer. It didn't help he got off to a bad start, injuries to certain important players and some of them are seizing the opportunity to question him. Getting the best out of Rooney and gave Januzaj his chance though.

Won't be sacked anytime soon but not getting into Europe this season will be a major slap in the face. By the looks of it their transition period will take a season or more.

Moyes hasn't suddenly become a bad manager. But he's having to replace probably the best of all time, with a squad which doesn't bear comparison, player for player, with their main rivals. They are heavily dependent on Rooney, and in his absence, they look upper mid-table rather than CL. Along with the pressure that goes with playing for Man U, that's quite a set of problems.

Personally, I hope Moyes comes through it. I've always liked him.