Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still laughing my head off at the Fellaini deal.

Everyone is looking at January to see what they do, but if that's how Moyes is going to spend his money, they're screwed.

They'll begrudgingly creep into the top 4 on the backs of Van Persie and Rooney and Moyes' blushes will be spared. The fact other teams are hardly setting the league alight will mean they'll keep roughly in touch.

I always thought when we'd finally win at Old Trafford - and given I was 2 when we last won there, this feels like the first time I've seen it - it'd be cause for mass celebration and hysteria. After the initial massive buzz after the game, it's now feeling more like, well, it's a very good 3 points, as opposed to total jubilation. Guess that's indicative of Man Utd's decreased standing this year.

Said it before the match and I'll say it again - their current squad is a few excellent players mixed in with a lot of relative mediocrity. More teams should be winning at Old Trafford this year if they give it a go. They're no longer a team to be feared.

Agree with the post as a whole, but this bit particularly resonates. I think Spurs beating them 3-2 last year was a watershed moment in many ways. They're a very poor side on the whole with a few world class players. Well, two or three.

People are being way too harsh on Myoes IMO.

When you lack at their squad there's some huge deficiencies in there for the level they want to be at, which goes to show how amazing Ferguson was in doing what he did. He knew that it needed rebuilding which is why I think he packed in as he didn't have the energy to do it again.

Yes they panic bought Fellaini but that was largely due to the fact that Moyes was let down by that new Chief Exec.

:thup: Was gonna say similar. They went after some good players but failed to get them and you can't really blame Moyes for that in this day and age.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I don't rate him but when you're managing at a big club with big expectations you need some players you can trust. Buying 2-3 players from his old club probably wouldn't bring more quality to the squad but would maybe help to get his message through the dressing room and on the pitch. So I expect him to raid Everton this winter,  Baines and another guy.

I don't rate him but when you're managing at a big club with big expectations you need some players you can trust. Buying 2-3 players from his old club probably wouldn't bring more quality to the squad but would maybe help to get his message through the dressing room and on the pitch. So I expect him to raid Everton this winter,  Baines and another guy.

Yup, the kind of thing you'd expect a Moyes to do. Tragic.

Moyes is a hoot.

If they finish in a European place I'll actually be impressed.

Top 4 is completely out of the question.

No it isn't, they are improving and yesterday was daylight robbery.

They will finish top 4 its pretty obvious.... for one the contenders are not good enough and will choke as f*cking always.

Anyway didn't you say Liverpool would challenge for the title?  :iamatwat:

Moyes is a hoot.

They will finish top 4 its pretty obvious.... for one the contenders are not good enough and will choke as f*cking always.

L'pool are 1 point behind Man City who are still the favourites. Not that I think they'll sustain a title challenge but you coul hardly laugh at the idea.

I don't believe the top 4 is obvious. I reckon they'll end up 3rd/4h but it'll go down to the wire. They have the potential to put together an 10 or so match win-streak.

Moyes is a hoot.

Couple of points - a) it was anything but daylight robbery given the chances we had and b) it was anything but daylight robbery given it was the evening.

When you lack at their squad there's some huge deficiencies in there for the level they want to be at, which goes to show how amazing Ferguson was in doing what he did. He knew that it needed rebuilding which is why I think he packed in as he didn't have the energy to do it again.

Yes they panic bought Fellaini but that was largely due to the fact that Moyes was let down by that new Chief Exec.

:thup: Was gonna say similar. They went after some good players but failed to get them and you can't really blame Moyes for that in this day and age.

I'm not convinced it's so much the players, however. Moyes seems to be showing clear signs he's in the mentality of managing us. Occasionally let rip but more often than not try to get the odd goal. Initial reaction when going in front is more often than not one of caution and shutting up shop, something I think has contributed to the concession of several decisive late goals in their matches. Issue is, he's managing a team who should be looking to very realistically win most games and thus challenge for the title, not someone looking to win against a few poorer teams and scrape a few points against the better sides.

He needs to change his attitude to winning games before he can be a success there. The difference between not getting beat and winning is absofuckinglutely massive, something which was an annoyingly common theme in many of our bigger games under him.

A good man utd supporting friend said Everton deserved to win to me. :undecided:

Man Utd clearly should have scored given the fact they had a couple of easy chances to score, but on the other hand we had good chances besides the goal. It was a generally decent game, should have been more goals.

very much this. Quite how Fergie got them to win the title without much of a central midfield has constantly escaped my understanding and now the defense is needing replacing too with Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra all the wrong side of 30 and in the case of Vidic and Ferdinand their replacements nowhere near the same standards. Throw in some amateurish attempts at transfer dealings in the summer by the new chief exec (what were they trying with the prolonged pointless Fabregas chase? Did they seriously think he'd leave Barca so soon after all it took to get back there?) and its no wonder Moyes is struggling.

Sad thing is while there will be protestations of supporting him and giving him time if the champions league place is looking dodgy in February I'm convinced Moyes will be sacked and Fergie back in caretaker charge. 

Ferguson got out at the right time. Whatever personal reasons he may have had for leaving, he knew exactly what he was doing footballing-wise. He got mediocre players playing well above themselves, and had a world-class striker in top form who rescued them on any number of occasions. Neither is happening this season so far.

Moyes is a hoot.

Couple of points - a) it was anything but daylight robbery given the chances we had and b) it was anything but daylight robbery given it was the evening.

:lol: I'll take your word for it mate but going from MOTD's highlights they should have scored half a dozen.

They'll probably just take that half a dozen and put them in our net on Saturday instead. :(