Newcastle United vs Southampton - Saturday 14th December at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On form we should win and I think we will with either of the suggested team selections.  I think a great atmosphere could push us along to a nice result. 

Either way, if we can match Everton and City results, I will be happy with that.  Hard to call Tottenham v Liverpool (draw or scouse win for me).  That will see us 6th with no more than 3 points to 4th place :)

If we are right in their faces from the kick off, Our midfield 3 closing the down, denying them time and space for the first 10 minutes or so and, give ourselves some confidence, i think we'll then start to play some good football and dominate the first half barring any stupid mistakes.

If we are right in their faces from the kick off, Our midfield 3 closing the down, denying them time and space for the first 10 minutes or so and, give ourselves some confidence, i think we'll then start to play some good football and dominate the first half barring any stupid mistakes.

will it be a midfield 3 ?

We'll Pardew a 1-0 win.

I'd take that if offered right now, though I hope for something slightly better.

The two sides are very well matched and it could go either way. Potentially a very good game indeed.

HOW DARE YOU?

will it be a midfield 3 ?

Aye! I've been presumptious there! They seems to play normally 1 upfront so i think they'll look to crowd the midfield. Would imagine we'll look to counter that.

I could imagine Pardew playing with idea of a 2 man midfield and 2 strikers if he had Cabaye. Without him i'm not so sure.

Guest icemanblue

We'll Pardew a 1-0 win.

I'd take that if offered right now, though I hope for something slightly better.

The two sides are very well matched and it could go either way. Potentially a very good game indeed.

HOW DARE YOU?

What's happened to you, man?

What has given people the idea they play one upfront?

They don't they usually play 2 with Ward Prowse and Lallana floating around them with Wanyama and Schneiderlin holding.

Not from what i've seen (which isn't much tbh). Been more like a 4-4-1-1 with Rodriguez basically sitting in midfield when they don't have the ball.