Week 2: Who was/is better? Les Ferdinand or Andy Cole

Froggy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is better?

Luis Suarez                                                or                                          Robin van Persie

9970c03cd76e5e339c482ecdd4583c80.jpeg                                                    http://media.nu.nl/m/m1nx2peawfhh_sqr256.jpg

Alright so I put the idea forward for this thread based on a debate about two players. Hopefully plenty of people chip in with their opinions on who they think is better. Each week (roughly) I'll change the two players and a new debate will begin.

Some points:

• Opinions should be based on the players ability while in their prime, e.g. if it's Gerrard, think 2005/06, not now.
  • Disciplinary records should not blind someones view unless it's football related, e.g. don't judge Suarez by the bite, but do judge Scholes on his yellows due to his tackles.
  • I reckon it should stay Premier League, so almost everybody can have a valid opinion on it. Personally, I can remember from the 21st of Oct 1996 onwards. Not a day before...
  • Lastly and most importantly, give a reason why!

Go!

I voted Van Persie. But I really think Suarez edges him. I just hate Suarez so much, though. Fucking biting, cheating, cunt. Van Persie is also a cunt, but a lesser cunt.

In other words, fuck your points. Fuck your thread. So angry now. Pitting two massive cunts against eachother, looking at their mugs.  :dave:

Personally, and it may come as no surprise, I think Van Persie is the better player. I was a bit shocked to see a few people rate Suarez far higher than Van Persie. Reasons below.

First off, a lot of people like quoting stats, while a lot find them misleading, but I'll start there. If I was to directly compare stats of the players, Van Persie has scored more goals in each of his last three seasons than Suarez. They were level last season with goals, but van Persie had three more assists, a higher passing success rate (80.02 vs 76.06), less shots per game, more aerial duels won per match and less bookings.

It's pretty much the same for all seasons. Van Persie dominates the stats.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/4564/History/Robin-van-Persie

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/22221/History/Luis-Surez

-------------

Aside from dribbling, at which Suarez is clearly superior, I can't see any other aspects of his game that are better than Van Persies. Corners? Van Persie. Free kicks? Very close, but I'd say Van Persie. Penalties? Van Persie.

Technique wise I don't think there's a striker in the league that touches Van Persie. Suarez is capable of thumping in a wonder goals AS we've seen many times this season, but does he have the technique to control a ball and finish like Van Persie? I'll point to his goal against Villa last season. Van Persie is probably the only striker in the league capable of doing that. Likewise with his goal against Charlton for Arsenal a few years back. Just sheer genius.

Very similar records at international level. I don't think there's anything to separate either player there. You could argue Netherlands are stronger than Uruguay or vice versa. But it would be nitpicking.

Suarez is a world class player, but when both are fit and firing, Van Persie is a better player IMO.

Horrible choice of players to start with. Thread suicide. Should've eased into it before throwing massive cuntsacks at us.

I kind of just continued on with the debate in the Liverpool thread. :lol:

Had Solskjaer and Hernandez lined up next week...

Horrible choice of players to start with. Thread suicide. Should've eased into it before throwing massive cuntsacks at us.

Why not Kevin Phillips and James Beatie?

Cunt obsession. :lol:

Who is better?

Luis Suarez                                                or                                          Robin van Persie

9970c03cd76e5e339c482ecdd4583c80.jpeg                                                    http://media.nu.nl/m/m1nx2peawfhh_sqr256.jpg

Alright so I put the idea forward for this thread based on a debate about two players. Hopefully plenty of people chip in with their opinions on who they think is better. Each week (roughly) I'll change the two players and a new debate will begin.

Some points:

• Opinions should be based on the players ability while in their prime, e.g. if it's Gerrard, think 2005/06, not now.
  • Disciplinary records should not blind someones view unless it's football related, e.g. don't judge Suarez by the bite, but do judge Scholes on his yellows due to his tackles.
  • I reckon it should stay Premier League, so almost everybody can have a valid opinion on it. Personally, I can remember from the 21st of Oct 1996 onwards. Not a day before...
  • Lastly and most importantly, give a reason why!

Go!

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

http://i1.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article1381468.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/philippe-albert-celebrates-after-scoring-against-man-u-302845402-1381468.jpg

Prior to this season i would say RVP still even though i thought Suarez had a better season. Suarez however seems to have taken things to another level this season and if he maintains this kind of form for the next year, no doubt Suarez is the better player. Suarez's current form may slide the votes in his favour as his recent brilliance is fresh in the memory.