Week 2: Who was/is better? Les Ferdinand or Andy Cole

Froggy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Suarez is better because Suarez can create and score while van Persie doesn't anymore or the last season or two anyway which I would judge as his prime. Van Persie started out more as a 10 who created rather than scored but as he became a more goalscoring type of striker he stopped creating. If you look at the Liverpool Man City game from last week Suarez didn't score himself but created numerous opportunities for teammates.

I think Suarez is better because Suarez can create and score while van Persie doesn't anymore or the last season or two anyway which I would judge as his prime. Van Persie started out more as a 10 who created rather than scored but as he became a more goalscoring type of striker he stopped creating. If you look at the Liverpool Man City game from last week Suarez didn't score himself but created numerous opportunities for teammates.

That's a myth..... just like the Ben Arfa being creative is a myth.

Van Persie in his final season at Arsenal was not only getting close to 40 goals but double digit assists and Suarez has never done that and most likely never will well the former he might.

There seems to be this opinion going around that Suarez and Aguero etc etc are creative.... well they are not they are great dribblers and have fantastic close control but they can't open teams up with a pass like Van Persie used to and doesn't have the vision he or Rooney has.

Suarez my a country mile. Yeh, they're both c***s (RVP a bigger one IMHO), but Suarez can do things RVP can only dream about.

I detest them both but I would have to say Suarez. RVP is a very classy striker but Suarez is a different level of threat.

RVP has never been as good as Suarez has been for the last year. There's no contest imo.

These posts tell me people have forgotten the things RVP has done in his career...... he wasn't only a clinical striker at his best, also while yes Suarez can do things RVP can't its the same vice versa..... Suarez doesn't have the range of passing he has and doesn't have the vision to open up defenses like he has, he doesn't have the technical ability to score some unreal volleys that RVP has and so on....

It doesn't surprise me though, the human brain is always in the prisoner of the moment and right now the moment is Suarez ripping up the league and RVP struggling with injuries.

It shouldn't be forgotten that RVP carried a very average team to comfortably winning the league last year with Rooney at loggerheads with the manager etc etc.... it shouldn't be forgotten that in his last season at Arsenal he scored nearly 40 goals and had 13 assists to go along with it and it wasn't the Arsenal you see today it was an Arsenal with Alex Song as its main midfield creative source. ( ;D )

He wasn't always the poacher he's been described as today, he was a threat 10 yards or 50 yards from goal.... his best might be beyond him now but in previous years he has done things Suarez and the likes can only dream of and probably is the best striker of his generation in this league. ( not counting Shearer, Henry etc etc)

Also who cares if he's a c*nt? most top strikers are.

Suarez doesn't have as many assists as the team around him for most of his time at Liverpool have been inferior to Arsenal. It's a hard stat to judge from, as he could play the most beautiful pass the world has ever seen, but if Henderson goes through to miss it, it counts for nothing.

Some right bollocks being spouted here.  Suarez more creative? Before Sturridge joined Suarez was loath to pass to anyone. And he's only shown a selfless steak in these last fewomths. 

Suarez has the ability to beat 2-3 players and strike it in from a tight corner. And he'll give it a right go 8 times out of 10.  He still gets crowded out when sribing Ben Arfa style too regularly.  Compare that to Messi or Iniesta and it shows a lack of awareness on his behalf. 

If you can dribble really well people start making ludicrous statements. 

Suarez is a phenomenal player. Might be better than RVP and he can improve still. But it's not that cut and dry.  Suarez can probably do more with less but then his game is more individual based. I don't think being in a better team would elevate his game any but I gues it wouldn't need too. 

It doesn't surprise me though, the human brain is always in the prisoner of the moment and right now the moment is Suarez ripping up the league and RVP struggling with injuries.

It reminds me of a "Greatest song of all time" poll taken in 1996 that gave the number one spot to "Wonderwall". Like fuck was it the best song of all time, it was just one of the better songs in recent memory.

Some right bollocks being spouted here.  Suarez more creative? Before Sturridge joined Suarez was loath to pass to anyone. And he's only shown a selfless steak in these last fewomths. 

Suarez has the ability to beat 2-3 players and strike it in from a tight corner. And he'll give it a right go 8 times out of 10.  He still gets crowded out when sribing Ben Arfa style too regularly.  Compare that to Messi or Iniesta and it shows a lack of awareness on his behalf. 

If you can dribble really well people start making ludicrous statements. 

Suarez is a phenomenal player. Might be better than RVP and he can improve still. But it's not that cut and dry.  Suarez can probably do more with less but then his game is more individual based. I don't think being in a better team would elevate his game any but I gues it wouldn't need too. 

Such a bitter, arrogant man :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

FWIW Alex Song was in my fantasy team the season that RVP 'carried' Arsenal and had loads of assists, so it's not like you can laugh at him, even if it seems that he isn't at the level to play for Barca.

FWIW Alex Song was in my fantasy team the season that RVP 'carried' Arsenal and had loads of assists, so it's not like you can laugh at him, even if it seems that he isn't at the level to play for Barca.

He was brilliant for Arsenal. I may have this wrong but weren't Arsenal able to hold their own against Barcelona in their prime when van Persie got sent off?(it was a long time ago so details may be wrong)

That's a myth..... just like the Ben Arfa being creative is a myth.

Van Persie in his final season at Arsenal was not only getting close to 40 goals but double digit assists and Suarez has never done that and most likely never will well the former he might.

There seems to be this opinion going around that Suarez and Aguero etc etc are creative.... well they are not they are great dribblers and have fantastic close control but they can't open teams up with a pass like Van Persie used to and doesn't have the vision he or Rooney has.

Suarez my a country mile. Yeh, they're both c***s (RVP a bigger one IMHO), but Suarez can do things RVP can only dream about.

I detest them both but I would have to say Suarez. RVP is a very classy striker but Suarez is a different level of threat.

RVP has never been as good as Suarez has been for the last year. There's no contest imo.

These posts tell me people have forgotten the things RVP has done in his career...... he wasn't only a clinical striker at his best, also while yes Suarez can do things RVP can't its the same vice versa..... Suarez doesn't have the range of passing he has and doesn't have the vision to open up defenses like he has, he doesn't have the technical ability to score some unreal volleys that RVP has and so on....

It shouldn't be forgotten that RVP carried a very average team to comfortably winning the league last year with Rooney at loggerheads with the manager etc etc.... it shouldn't be forgotten that in his last season at Arsenal he scored nearly 40 goals and had 13 assists to go along with it and it wasn't the Arsenal you see today it was an Arsenal with Alex Song as its main midfield creative source. ( ;D )

He wasn't always the poacher he's been described as today, he was a threat 10 yards or 50 yards from goal.... his best might be beyond him now but in previous years he has done things Suarez and the likes can only dream of and probably is the best striker of his generation in this league. ( not counting Shearer, Henry etc etc)

Also who cares if he's a c*nt? most top strikers are.

:thup:

To use a nonsense scale with random players (using most recent editions apart from classic Drogba):

good                                                                                                                    mung

Suarez

Walters->

Aguero 

<-Remy                             

RVP->

Ameobi->

<-Maiga

Soldado->   

<-Lukaku   

Drogba

Ba->

I think this could be quite a fun idea if I wasn't meant to be working.             

Suarez has been brilliant this year (arguably better than RVP has ever been over a short period of time), but I can't help but think that this purple patch is tinting opinions somewhat; I rate Van Persie higher on the basis that he's been consistently mint for ages.