Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Cardiff City - 04/01/14 - Post-match reaction from page 21

BlueStar

Thought it was Taylor who lost Campbell but on second viewing he had number 6 and I think Haidara had Campbell. We were crap defending corners all day today

At least our full backs put in some cracking ones for us.

One day we will win another cup

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/pics/regular/Teresa-Herrera_2010_001.jpg

Not unless they resurrect the Texaco....a tea bag stays in the cup longer than NUFC.

According to Anderson:

"Pardew is doing Tremendous in league"

Par for the course is now tremendous in the local media ffs.

That's the predominant view outside these forums. I guess we deserve to eat s*** as a result.

Anderson is hardly in a position to judge - he's on a final pay day at a Radio Station which detests NUFC and he hardly covered himself with glory whilst a player at the club...swap for Debuchy, anyone..?

Lets see how 'tremendous' Pardew does over the next 6 matches, shall we..? Odds on another thrashing from

City and being turned over for the 3rd time by the mackems...?

@martinhardyindy

Mike Ashley took control at St James' Park in 2007. Newcastle have not got past the fourth round of either the FA Cup or League Cup since.

:slowclap::slowclap::slowclap:

Tells you all you need to know when deciding whether to waste even more money on a ST...

Mate of mine just posted this on FB, just shows how much Ashley and co have succeeded in lowering fans expectations and ambitions.

"Just woke up, I see newcastle got beat, tbh I'm glad time to focus on what matters, the league!!"

We're heading towards a situation where a whole generation of fans will have joined us under Ashley's ownership, and unfortunately it seems to be the young ones who are the worst for swallowing the clubs lack of ambition.

We're also now in a situation where every rich man in the world knows that you can basically do what you want to NUFC and people will still pay to watch the team.

Ashley's ownership could end up fucking this club for decades.

Guest chopey

Yesterday's performance and result now has me convinced that we can't do a god dam thing unless Cabaye is in the team.

Guest bimpy474

Also Pardew seems to overlook, a good win can carry you into the next game (Man City) with confidence. We go into playing shit again. The fucking gimp has no idea what to do one minute, thinks he's Alex Ferguson the next. Utter bellend.

We should just play the U21's against Man City like. No point in putting up a fight against that lot, Yaya will just destroy us like he does every time.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is Pardew's team talk when we play them. Swear every single time we have faced them under Pardew we have given them their easiest game of the season. Embarrassing how little fight we put up.

We beat Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs (well, lucky but that's part of the game) drawn against Liverpool with 10 men and weren't too bad against Arsenal.

Won't defend Pardew or anything but, the record this season against the big ones isn't that bad.

Got out my sick bed for 250 mile round trip to watch that steaming pile of s*** yesterday.  Was delighted to hear the stadium announcer reading the teams out as I walked in to the gallowgate.... benny was playing joy....which was quickly replaced by puzzlement at our impotent start and then spent the first 20-25 mins trying to work out what our formation was.  I'm still working on it!

We were atrocious from the first minute....don't buy Pardew's bollocks about us being in control until they equalized.  Movement was god-awful across the park.  Was looking forward to seeing Santon playing at right back (being a right-footer and all) but he seemed to be scared to go beyond Sissoko and hit the line.  Thought Benny would have been uleashed to have a free role but it looked like they all heard that instruction.  Only surprise was it took till the 90th minute to see Elliot up the pitch we were so all over the place.  Everytime Benny got the ball the rest of the team became one of the fans in the  stand and just stood to watch and see what he would do without trying to move or give  him an option.  Though feck knows where he disappeared to in the second half like.  I'd say Tiote was the best off a rank f***ing bunch yesterday.  Can some explain to me what Sissoko actually does?

Not one for conspiracy theories but the way we played and our tatics yesterday does lend itself to the belief that the club just could give a f*** about the FA Cup.  £20 maybe considered a 'reduced' price in these times but I for one won't be attending another cup game under this regime.  Just got a horrible feeling like I've been mugged for my money.

We beat Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs (well, lucky but that's part of the game) drawn against Liverpool with 10 men and weren't too bad against Arsenal.

Won't defend Pardew or anything but, the record this season against the big ones isn't that bad.

Apart from against City where we got completely destroyed.

Got out my sick bed for 250 mile round trip to watch that steaming pile of s*** yesterday.  Was delighted to hear the stadium announcer reading the teams out as I walked in to the gallowgate.... benny was playing joy....which was quickly replaced by puzzlement at our impotent start and then spent the first 20-25 mins trying to work out what our formation was.  I'm still working on it!

We were atrocious from the first minute....don't buy Pardew's bollocks about us being in control until they equalized.  Movement was god-awful across the park.  Was looking forward to seeing Santon playing at right back (being a right-footer and all) but he seemed to be scared to go beyond Sissoko and hit the line.  Thought Benny would have been uleashed to have a free role but it looked like they all heard that instruction.  Only surprise was it took till the 90th minute to see Elliot up the pitch we were so all over the place.  Everytime Benny got the ball the rest of the team became one of the fans in the  stand and just stood to watch and see what he would do without trying to move or give  him an option.  Though feck knows where he disappeared to in the second half like.  I'd say Tiote was the best off a rank f***ing bunch yesterday.  Can some explain to me what Sissoko actually does?

Not one for conspiracy theories but the way we played and our tatics yesterday does lend itself to the belief that the club just could give a f*** about the FA Cup.  £20 maybe considered a 'reduced' price in these times but I for one won't be attending another cup game under this regime.  Just got a horrible feeling like I've been mugged for my money.

I feel for you mate, but there's no need to look for conspiracy theories. Pardew didn't want to lose or he'd have rested a few more players. He's just not much of a manager and never has been.

How'd we do against the small teams?

He doesn't necessarily have to rest players to not be taking the competition seriously. I've got no doubt whatsoever that he'll have been drumming it into the players all week that the game isn't that important, just make sure you don't get injured etc. He's been doing it in the press so God knows what he's said in private.

It's not coincidence that the four FA Cup defeats under him have been embarrassing in terms of effort and tempo - we want to win but only if we can do so at walking pace and as a non-contract sport - in other words, we don't want to win. I'd say the same goes for his League Cup efforts too tbh.

Another thing is that I find the phoney injuries he cooks up (Coloccini and Cisse last year, Cabaye and Krul this time) absolutely insulting.