Remy Cabella

Yaron

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10585404/Newcastle-United-deny-12m-deal-for-Montpellier-forward-Remy-Cabella.html

Newcastle United deny £12m deal for Montpellier forward Rémy Cabella

Newcastle United deny they have agreed a deal to sign Montpellier forward Rémy Cabella in the summer for a fee in the region of £12 million

By Luke Edwards8:16PM GMT 20 Jan 2014

Newcastle United are denying they have agreed a deal to sign Montpellier forward Rémy Cabella in the summer for a fee in the region of £12 million, despite claims from the French club that their negotiations have been successful.

Newcastle have been negotiating with Montpellier since the start of the month and the French club have been so irritated by their approach that coach Rolland Courbis launched a scathing attack on the team and the English city over the weekend.

But with Cabella deciding he wants to add to the large French contingent on Tyneside, Montpellier claimed on Monday night that they have agreed that he will move in the summer after he has helped the club in its battle to avoid relegation from Ligue 1.

“We have an agreement with the leaders of Newcastle that I will not reveal,” said Laurent Nicollin, Montpellier’s chairman. “But it does not include a departure for Remy before June.”

Nicollin later denied anything had been formalised.

Related Articles

PSG set for £21m raid on Cabaye 19 Jan 2014

Carroll in cotton wool 19 Jan 2014

'What player wants to go to Newcastle?' 19 Jan 2014

Pardew punishes himself for insulting Pellegrini 17 Jan 2014

Go-to pioneer who rescued Carroll’s career 17 Jan 2014

Join the Hugo Boss Watches H1 Club Hugo Boss

Newcastle quickly distanced themselves from that announcement and it remains to be seen where that leaves Paris St-Germain’s pursuit of Yohan Cabaye.

Newcastle are being linked with a move for Basle midfielder Mohamed Salah, who would be an ideal replacement, but also deny they have received any offers for Cabaye.

Laurent Blanc, the PSG manager, confirmed on Sunday that he would like to sign Cabaye in this transfer window, although Newcastle are adamant they have not received a bid.

Telegraph Sport revealed on Sunday that PSG were weighing up a bid in excess of £20 million to tempt Newcastle to part with their best player and Blanc has stressed his need for a new midfielder this month because of an injury to Adrien Rabiot.

Although Joe Kinnear, Newcastle’s director of football, has declared he will not allow any players to leave this month, owner Mike Ashley is highly unlikely to turn down a huge bid for a player who cost just over £4 million when he signed from Lille in 2011.

That would explain the link with Salah, who is also a target for Liverpool.

Basle are likely to welcome the additional interest in the Egyptian international as they are looking for as much as £16 million to part with him and Liverpool are thought to value him at only £10 million.

Newcastle’s main priority, however, is to complete the Cabella transfer and they are also still hoping to take Dutch international striker Luuk De Jong on loan from Borussia Monchengladbach, with a view to making the signing permanent in the summer

Montpellier Chairman Laurent Nicollin has confirmed to local paper Midi Libre that he has agreed a deal with Newcastle to sell attacking midfielder Remy Cabella

Montpellier President Louis Nicollin has denied his son's claims that Montpellier have an agreement with #Newcastle for Remy #Cabella. #MHSC

Montpellier Chairman Laurent Nicollin now denies a deal with Newcastle for Cabella, the deal he had announced 3 hours previous. #MHSC #NUFC

http://i.imgur.com/APAVqhl.jpg

:lol: well played.

As soon as I saw the thread title change, I just knew our lot have actually been doing f*** all to get this over the line. Maybe this will mean Cabaye will stay (until the summer at least?) - wishful thinking I know!

As soon as I saw the thread title change, I just knew our lot have actually been doing f*** all to get this over the line. Maybe this will mean Cabaye will stay (until the summer at least?) - wishful thinking I know!

We're safe from relegation now. No need to immediately replace Cabaye when we could sell him now, replace him in the summer and save literally tens of pounds on wages.

:sweetjesus:

We're safe from relegation now. No need to immediately replace Cabaye when we could sell him now, replace him in the summer and save literally tens of pounds on wages.

:sweetjesus:

Cabaye on sweat shop wages like? :lol:

Montpellier President Louis Nicollin speaks to RTL on Cabella-Newcastle confusion

Montpellier President Louis Nicollin has told our colleagues at RTL that nothing at all is done for Remy Cabella and that nothing will be done (this month).

‘I have no intention of paying enormous taxes this year, because the budget closes on the 30th June. I would prefer that he leaves on the 1st July, or later. Then, and only then, if there are good offers, that will allow us to have a great next season, especially if we are in Ligue 1.’

‘There is however no question about it happening now. I have heard everything in the last days. It is all baseless.’

This suggests that Louis’ son Laurent Nicollin’s claims that an agreement had been made with Newcastle for the transfer of Remy Cabella for June to Midi Libre is indeed false. Montpellier manager Rolland Courbis also had his say just days before the false Newcastle-Montpellier agreement for Remy Cabella stories were announced yesterday.

He had the following to say:

‘I think Newcastle are interested because they will definitely say yes to PSG for the money (Cabaye). But us, we are not stupid and to give Cabella for Cabaye to these English people, is rubbish!’

‘There is already one of us who is over there (Yanga-MBiwa) and I wish him all the best.  I think that Remy deserves something else other than Newcastle. Me, personally, I would not go over there. You have to piss yourself over in Newcastle… in London, okay I understand.’

Get French Football News would like to apologise to any reader who was yesterday confused by our reporting of the situation. As you can imagine, the developments in the past 24 hours have been highly contradictory.

Guest bimpy474

Montpellier President Louis Nicollin speaks to RTL on Cabella-Newcastle confusion

Montpellier President Louis Nicollin has told our colleagues at RTL that nothing at all is done for Remy Cabella and that nothing will be done (this month).

‘I have no intention of paying enormous taxes this year, because the budget closes on the 30th June. I would prefer that he leaves on the 1st July, or later. Then, and only then, if there are good offers, that will allow us to have a great next season, especially if we are in Ligue 1.’

‘There is however no question about it happening now. I have heard everything in the last days. It is all baseless.’

This suggests that Louis’ son Laurent Nicollin’s claims that an agreement had been made with Newcastle for the transfer of Remy Cabella for June to Midi Libre is indeed false. Montpellier manager Rolland Courbis also had his say just days before the false Newcastle-Montpellier agreement for Remy Cabella stories were announced yesterday.

‘I think Newcastle are interested because they will definitely say yes to PSG for the money (Cabaye). But us, we are not stupid and to give Cabella for Cabaye to these English people, is rubbish!’

‘There is already one of us who is over there (Yanga-MBiwa) and I wish him all the best.  I think that Remy deserves something else other than Newcastle. Me, personally, I would not go over there. You have to piss yourself over in Newcastle… in London, okay I understand.’

Get French Football News would like to apologise to any reader who was yesterday confused by our reporting of the situation. As you can imagine, the developments in the past 24 hours have been highly contradictory.

:spit:

‘There is already one of us who is over there (Yanga-MBiwa) and I wish him all the best.  I think that Remy deserves something else other than Newcastle. Me, personally, I would not go over there. You have to p*ss yourself over in Newcastle… in London, okay I understand.’

:spit:

Has he been watching Geordie Shore or something?  :lol:

I get what he means, countless times I have walked down Northumberland street and someone has held a gun out at me and they don't want my wallet, they just want me to piss myself.

That's seriously not on mate, you should tell someone.

I get what he means, countless times I have walked down Northumberland street and someone has held a gun out at me and they don't want my wallet, they just want me to piss myself.

That's seriously not on mate, you should tell someone.

I did. I once told this foreign bloke who said he was manager of a football club.