Remy Cabella

Yaron

They were on a football field with a ball, of course they had a chance. I'd be looking to sell as many as could be replaced with about 7 exceptions.

:thup: You can't blame a manager for everything like. You can't just let him off the hook because he had bad managers

Staggering, utterly staggering opinion considering the level of coaching, tactics and selections we've endured in the last 4-5 years.

At various times Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Debuchy, Janmaat, Ba, Cisse all played well under that poor management. A poor manager isn't an excuse for playing s****

No one said it was, only that they are not playing to their potential consistently and a better coaching staff is more likely to bring it out. Even though all of them players had their moments under Pardew it was really was just one massive missed opportunity.

Just like nobody said he was entirely to blame but IMO its ridiculous that a player isn't held accountable at all for his own poor performaces

I knew you were smart.

That Montpellier lot say some weird things about Cabella. I don't know if it's just lost in translation but the way the manager and the owner (Nicollin) go on about him anyone would think social services had just gone and taken their baby off them. I get it, he was a great player for them and came up through their ranks but Jesus Christ, let it go. That's how football works, good players move on to bigger challenges. It's not like we're holding him captive in a basement ffs.

A bit rich. People here still butthurt over Carroll & Enrique

Of course he has some responsibility, but players need the right circumstances to thrive, and to be given a fair chance.

Of course he does. Cabella is one that was always goign to need time. But a lot of his struggles in the league can be attributed to himself imo.

Was dropped twice after starting to find significant form throughout last season, another victim of the Pardew regime like Mbiwa.

Of course he has some responsibility, but players need the right circumstances to thrive, and to be given a fair chance.

Why does this apply to Cabella, and not Colback?

Because Colback played pretty much every game last season and we know what he can offer. Cabella was ostracised fairly early under Pardew as he wasn't a "grafter" and didn't get back enough, so him given free roam to attack and not limited would be great.

Because Colback played pretty much every game last season and we know what he can offer. Cabella was ostracised fairly early under Pardew as he wasn't a "grafter" and didn't get back enough, so him given free roam to attack and not limited would be great.

Basically.

Although I said in the Colback thread that I'll try to give him a clean slate too, although I suspect he will prove himself to be crap.

Cabella's always worked hard for the team. He got dropped because he wasn't doing well going forward

He didn't do we going forward because no one did well going forward. If the likes of Gini, De Jong and Mitrovic and move about around him then I think we'll see him perform to a much better standard. I've said it before but I like the fact that even with it all going against him he never hid and he always wanted to be positive. Not many can say that of last season.

Needs to be stronger on the ball but there is a player there. Feels fated to fail mind unfortunately.

Cabella's always worked hard for the team. He got dropped because he wasn't doing well going forward

Total minutes played -

Colback 3129

Cabella 1943

Cabella will do better than Colback with equal playing time. It's not even up for debate about him going forward, he played in dribs and drabs, much like Hatem was subjected too.

I think removing one of our two defensive midfielders could make a big difference. As it is, you tend to get either Sissoko or Cabella trying to do too much on their own because there's not much forward movement in midfield. Another attacking player would probably open up more space for those two and we might get to see more pass and move as a result.

I think removing one of our two defensive midfielders could make a big difference. As it is, you tend to get either Sissoko or Cabella trying to do too much on their own because there's not much forward movement in midfield. Another attacking player would probably open up more space for those two and we might get to see more pass and move as a result.

Hoping Wijnaldum is going to help a lot with this too. As well as De Jong.

Total minutes played -

Colback 3129

Cabella 1943

Cabella will do better than Colback with equal playing time. It's not even up for debate about him going forward, he played in dribs and drabs, much like Hatem was subjected too.

hba always showed he was capable though, he would drive at players, produce things out of nothing. I've seen very little from cabella to show he's capable of the same. when he gets his chance next year, he must start producing.

Total minutes played -

Colback 3129

Cabella 1943

1) I never compared him to Jack Colback

2) It's an insult to HBA to compare Cabella's treatment to his

Total minutes played -

Colback 3129

Cabella 1943

hba always showed he was capable though, he would drive at players, produce things out of nothing. I've seen very little from cabella to show he's capable of the same. when he gets his chance next year, he must start producing.

:lol: @ thinking we'll ever have a player capable of HBA's skills again

LOL let's not start with Mapou - the weak in the air central defender.

I would also say Cabella as a signing wasn't what we needed.

The fact that compartmentalise a player's traits to judge them in this way shows how little you actually understand the game of football.

LOL let's not start with Mapou - the weak in the air central defender.

I would also say Cabella as a signing wasn't what we needed.

It wasn't because it was plain as day that your idol, who you appear keen on emulating, wouldn't be able to work him into being a player that was either used correctly or flourished, just like Marveaux, HBA, Anita and the other more technique based he was given.