Remy Cabella

Yaron

He's not Ben Arfa, he didn't refuse to play for the club we got him off or fly to Newcastle before a deal was even agreed. He means nothing to me and it won't hurt when he fucks off to a bigger club after using us as a stepping stone. Ben Arfa understood Newcastle, not many players connect to the club like that and because of a man who i fucking despise and doesn't connect with the club at all. The complete opposite of HBA.

What is the point in this guy coming good... As soon as he starts showing some promise (and even that will be tough in this set up) it'll get pardewed out of him.

There's no point in having anything nice.

Guest antz1uk

Remy Cabella cries a lot. He cried when he was named as a stand-by by Didier Deschamps for the World Cup. He cried when he was told he was going to Brazil, his brother cried too. Cabella then told his parents and as they cried, so did he. He cried in the dressing room when France qualified from the group stages because he hadn't been involved. Cabella has told France Football he cries when he's injured and as a child cried when football didn't go his way. He's an emotional chap.

However, Cabella didn't cry when he signed for Newcastle United. He'd been under pressure from Montpellier for quite some time, who publicly spoke out against a Newcastle United move. As the summer transfer window approached, the club's president Louis Nicollin said "We promised to let him go at the end of the season, but we warned him not to go to play in any team. Newcastle a good destination? I laugh. If Newcastle offered me €20m, I won't sell him."

The player himself spoke to RMC just after the winter transfer window closed and said "In June, if a club comes and Montpellier agrees and so do I, I'll leave correctly. Rolland Courbis (Montpellier manager) tells me often enough not to go to Newcastle. He thinks I can aim for a team a little higher. We'll see."

Despite all of that, Cabella was nothing but happy to pick Newcastle United and has told France Football "It was the best choice for me! The club I needed. Everyone here, the club, the staff, the coach, have confidence in me. They were pushing crazy for me. Already in January, and this summer. There were other clubs who were interested, but I only had Newcastle in mind. Upon return from Brazil, I told my entourage: 'I want Newcastle I do not care of the rest.'"

"At one point, the president scared me by telling me that he refused the offer of Newcastle. But my father explained things well and, in the end, Louis Nicollin blurted out: 'That's okay, we'll let you go.' He and his son were important to me. Montpellier, it was like a family."

Newcastle United did well not to walk away from a potential Cabella deal given the abuse the club was getting from Montpellier, but just as some were trying to talk the midfielder out of a Newcastle United move, others were much more enthusiastic.

Cabella has explained that colleagues in the France squad were under no doubt that Newcastle United was the club for him, and Cabella listened.

"I discussed it during the World Cup with French players of Newcastle and those who had played there, like Cabaye, Remy, Debuchy, Sissoko, I have heard only good things about this club. They made ​​me dream! I asked questions, they explained everything to me, the facilities, the stadium, the fans... They did not lie to me. They assured me: 'If you go there, you make a very good choice.'"

Cabella says that that Yohan Cabaye especially raved about the club's fans. When Cabella scores his first important goal at St James Park then he'll experience the full roar of the Geordie faithful, and who would bet against tears?

Early, early days but I have a very strong feeling this lad is going to flop big time.

Looked awful tonight when he came on aswell.

Where did he play? Seems to be one of those that are neither a winger or a true number 10.

Early, early days but I have a very strong feeling this lad is going to flop big time.

Looked awful tonight when he came on aswell.

Where did he play? Seems to be one of those that are neither a winger or a true number 10.

Played LW. 

"Awful" is a big over reaction :lol:  He only got 10 minutes or so - had some nice touches but didnt really have a lot to do.  The game was petering out at that stage, with Spain doing most of the attacking trying to get a goal back

He'll flop if he's continually played out of position with no support.  Hopefully Pardew gets sacked and he's played in central attacking midfield in a side that actually tries to go forward, if that happens he'll be a big success IMO.

Also while I've only seen one full game so far this season he certainly showed he could beat players against Man City, of course he's shown it plenty for Montpellier anyway.

Guest antz1uk

@FrenchFtWeekly: Cabella has a icepack on, sitting on the bench. Hopefully just a precaution.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2wex8ow.jpg

need a bigger batman to get the other 3596 excuses on