Remy Cabella

Yaron

I think he clearly has a lot of talent, would be a shame if he isn't able to realise that here. Personally I think his mental strength/resilience/determination is his biggest hinderance

I think it's coaching.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/03/18/2A33E75A00000578-3148769-image-a-19_1435943189598.jpg

Caption competition

Woodman "See Steve, this is what happens when you don't float it to Willo"

I think he clearly has a lot of talent, would be a shame if he isn't able to realise that here. Personally I think his mental strength/resilience/determination is his biggest hinderance

I think it's coaching.

Same, direct one to one coaching since we signed him plus that fact everyone else around him has been crippled by the same coaching.

I'm hoping he stays, think he'll do well under the new team.

They were on a football field with a ball, of course they had a chance. I'd be looking to sell as many as could be replaced with about 7 exceptions.

:thup: You can't blame a manager for everything like. You can't just let him off the hook because he had bad managers

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/03/18/2A33E75A00000578-3148769-image-a-19_1435943189598.jpg

Caption competition

Something happens when he hears the music...It's his freedom. It's his fire. It's his life. What a feeling.

They were on a football field with a ball, of course they had a chance. I'd be looking to sell as many as could be replaced with about 7 exceptions.

:thup: You can't blame a manager for everything like. You can't just let him off the hook because he had bad managers

Staggering, utterly staggering opinion considering the level of coaching, tactics and selections we've endured in the last 4-5 years.

Caption competition

Something happens when he hears the music...It's his freedom. It's his fire. It's his life. What a feeling.

Staggering, utterly staggering opinion considering the level of coaching, tactics and selections we've endured in the last 4-5 years.

Aye it's not just the managers, it's the coaching staff as a whole. Pardew probably wouldn't have been so bad if he had a decent backroom staff, but Pardew combined with a bunch of ball boys was utter aids. :anguish:

At various times Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Debuchy, Janmaat, Ba, Cisse all played well under that poor management. A poor manager isn't an excuse for playing shite

At various times Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Debuchy, Janmaat, Ba, Cisse all played well under that poor management. A poor manager isn't an excuse for playing shite

When the majority of players play poorly more often than they play well, and they're not shit players, then there's clearly a common denominator in the situation ffs. If it was 1-2 lazy flair monkeys then yeah I'd buy it, but it's not, it's been all of them for the vast majority of the time playing shite.

At various times Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Debuchy, Janmaat, Ba, Cisse all played well under that poor management. A poor manager isn't an excuse for playing s****

No one said it was, only that they are not playing to their potential consistently and a better coaching staff is more likely to bring it out. Even though all of them players had their moments under Pardew it was really was just one massive missed opportunity.

At various times Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Debuchy, Janmaat, Ba, Cisse all played well under that poor management. A poor manager isn't an excuse for playing s****

No one said it was, only that they are not playing to their potential consistently and a better coaching staff is more likely to bring it out. Even though all of them players had their moments under Pardew it was really was just one massive missed opportunity.

:thup:

Cabella was ESPNs European Sports Footballing Personality of the Year for January under Carver. Your point is proven.

When the majority of players play poorly more often than they play well, and they're not shit players, then there's clearly a common denominator in the situation ffs. If it was 1-2 lazy flair monkeys then yeah I'd buy it, but it's not, it's been all of them for the vast majority of the time playing shite.

Look all I'm trying to say is that players need to take some responsibility for their own performances even if they are being let down by the coaching. Krul for example has got a lot worse in the last few years. I have no doubt Woodman is shit but that doesn't mean Krul isn't to blame also. If Krul cared enough about his career he would have paid some goalkeeping coach to help him improve his kicking by now

Guest GoonerAlexis

I see very little of your club, but from what I did see, he seemed to be the least of your problems. At least, he looked to create something and didn't just run about aimlessly hoping something nice would happen

Just like nobody said he was entirely to blame but IMO its ridiculous that a player isn't held accountable at all for his own poor performaces

Guest GoonerAlexis

Just like nobody said he was entirely to blame but IMO its ridiculous that a player isn't held accountable at all for his own poor performaces

That's because the manager signed the player and is the one who's expected to reply when the player doesn't succeed. If you're not good at your job, it's your boss's job to either fire you or make you perform better.

Cabella or Krul have no incentive to perform better, they're earning a comfortable wage, and have absolutely no competitors for their job and there doesn't seem to be much indication of some competition coming in. They have no incentive to improve. Krul, especially, since I believe he also has very little competition for the national team either.

If they're declining, it's the manager's job to get in someone better, or make them perform better. No one will question the players, they're only ruining their own careers, it's the club's job to improve it's own position

Guest GoonerAlexis

Krul isn't even his national team's no.1.

Guess I'm mistaken there, though my point about them having no incentive to improve still stands. They're still getting a hefty wage and Krul is still the backup keeper at his national team

That's because the manager signed the player and is the one who's expected to reply when the player doesn't succeed. If you're not good at your job, it's your boss's job to either fire you or make you perform better.

Cabella or Krul have no incentive to perform better, they're earning a comfortable wage, and have absolutely no competitors for their job and there doesn't seem to be much indication of some competition coming in. They have no incentive to improve. Krul, especially, since I believe he also has very little competition for the national team either.

If they're declining, it's the manager's job to get in someone better, or make them perform better. No one will question the players, they're only ruining their own careers, it's the club's job to improve it's own position

This isn't really the argument I was having but since you've brought it up Cabella was in the French squad when he arrived here and now he's not. Krul isn't even first choice for Holland is he? They both should be using the Euros as an incentive to have a good season

Guess I'm mistaken there, though my point about them having no incentive to improve still stands. They're still getting a hefty wage and Krul is still the backup keeper at his national team

:lol: So obviously an incentive is to become Dutch no.1?

Guest GoonerAlexis

:lol: So obviously an incentive is to become Dutch no.1?

:lol:

You could say that, but then it depends on the player and what's more important to him. Krul's delivered some good performances before, so if he's not doing it now, the manager should come under the scanner