Remy Cabella

Yaron

Guest strongbow69

Sounds like we have a pre contract agreement in place. Still think he will go elsewhere.

It would be good to get him but it would just be a cabaye scenario again tbf, considering our aspirations are 8th is top of our league  :jesuswept: 

We're Arsenal with a smaller stadium.

If we wound up as successful as they are I wouldn't be too disappointed. They seemed to be more of a selling club a few years back, but the Ozil signing seems to have changed that. Imagine us paying that much for a player :)

Sounds like we have a pre contract agreement in place. Still think he will go elsewhere.

It would be good to get him but it would just be a cabaye scenario again tbf, considering our aspirations are 8th is top of our league  :jesuswept: 

I could live with that, not the aspirations part, just getting a quality player in .

What were they asking, £10m? f*** do they think we are, some sort of top 4 team or what?

Yeah man, it was hardly expensive as well. Would have softened the blow of losing Cabaye but the qualities he possesses with his dribbling, close control and touch, and passing seemed like he could actually be an improvement on the long-run as he fit exactly where we needed someone to play.

What were they asking, £10m? f*** do they think we are, some sort of top 4 team or what?

Yeah man, it was hardly expensive as well. Would have softened the blow of losing Cabaye but the qualities he possesses with his dribbling, close control and touch, and passing seemed like he could actually be an improvement on the long-run as he fit exactly where we needed someone to play.

Not sure where this 10m stuff comes from. Maybe in the summer.

Their crackpot owner said there was no chance he was moving in January because of tax reasons.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9195222/transfer-news-montpellier-chief-louis-nicollin-hits-out-at-newcastle

Montpellier president Louis Nicollin has hit out at Newcastle United, insisting he will not be selling star midfielder Remy Cabella to the Tyneside outfit.

Newcastle failed with a bid to land Cabella in January, following Yohan Cabaye's departure to Paris Saint Germain and it is understood they remain keen on the 23-year-old.

Newcastle have done business with Nicollin before when they prised Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa away in 2013 - but he is seemingly not a fan of the North East outfit.

Nicollin now points to the fact that Yanga-Mbiwa is not having a great time on Tyneside, for one of the reasons why Cabella should not join Newcastle.

Nicollin feels that Cabella should play for one of France's top teams before then joining Chelsea, Arsenal or one of the Manchester clubs.

"We promised to let him leave. We will try to advise him to not leave for anywhere. Is Newcastle not a good destination? Don't make me laugh," he told RMC.

"In England you have to go to Arsenal, Chelsea or any of the two Manchester teams.

"If Newcastle would offer €20 million, and Arsenal €5 million? I think I would not sell him. I am capable of doing that. I won't prevent him, but I think he is not made for that.

"Look at any great French players, like Desailly etc...They first left their club for a big French one and then they left for abroad. Remy has to do the same.

"Why not Monaco?! There is no contact, but that is what I believe could be good for Remy. Monaco or PSG, who knows?

"Would I advise him against joining Newcastle? Yes definitely. Arsenal why not. For my dear Yanga-Mbiwa, Newcastle was not Eldorado."

It's very outspoken but shrug. There is compelling evidence to suggest we're not a club worth joining, especially if you've got masses of potential.

Enrique, Carroll (okay already here), Cabaye and Ba haven't done too badly from it over the last few years. Remy has also put himself well into the spotlight.

Unfortunately we look a good stepping stone for players imo.

He's got a point about yanga tbh

He doesn't, like.

In what way is Newcastle responsible for him not playing regularly? We didn't buy him to stick him on the bench. If he hasn't adapted quickly or isn't performing as well as others in his position then who is to blame?

If Yanga-Mbiwa had gone to Man City would he suddenly be twice the player and starting week-in/week-out? Bullshit, if you ask me.