Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

If someone has paid up front for season ticket on 10 year deal I guess they are fucked if they cancel? Family member considering cancelling but won't get cash back so planning on staying away anyway

If someone has paid up front for season ticket on 10 year deal I guess they are fucked if they cancel? Family member considering cancelling but won't get cash back so planning on staying away anyway

There's varying reports of people claiming reimbursement through their bank as part of the direct debit agreement. I've seen cases where it's been politely declined and others where they claim they've successfully received a refund.

There's varying reports of people claiming reimbursement through their bank as part of the direct debit agreement. I've seen cases where it's been politely declined and others where they claim they've successfully received a refund.

If people have had success then great, I'm all for anything that hurts Ashley, but you're relying on sheer goodwill there from the bank. They can obviously give you money back as they can do what they want in that regard but I can't see how they can in turn get the money back from the club.

The Direct Debit Guarantee protects you when the amount you've been billed is incorrect, or taken out at the wrong time, or a change is made to the amount without you being given 10 days' notice. It doesn't let you get your money back just because you've decided you don't want the product anymore.

If the bank decided to refund someone and then take the money back from Newcastle, Newcastle would have every right to tell the bank to gtf.

Guest chopey

Surely if you've signed up for 10 years there is an out I mean surely you can claim for being mis sold a product

As a consumer you have protection and rights??

If you buy a ticket to watch the Spice Girls and only Sporty turns up can you get your money back ?

Surely if you've signed up for 10 years there is an out I mean surely you can claim for being mis sold a product

As a consumer you have protection and rights??

Which consumer right do you think this falls under? Where's the mis-selling exactly? You've got to be able to quantify this, you can't just stamp your feet and say "I think this thing I signed up to is not fair and I don't like it anymore".

If people have had success then great, I'm all for anything that hurts Ashley, but you're relying on sheer goodwill there from the bank. They can obviously give you money back as they can do what they want in that regard but I can't see how they can in turn get the money back from the club.

The Direct Debit Guarantee protects you when the amount you've been billed is incorrect, or taken out at the wrong time, or a change is made to the amount without you being given 10 days' notice. It doesn't let you get your money back just because you've decided you don't want the product anymore.

If the bank decided to refund someone and then take the money back from Newcastle, Newcastle would have every right to tell the bank to gtf.

:thup:

Just reiterating that some people claim to have been successful with it, despite it being outside of the wording of the DD guarantee.

Just had confirmation from a family member that they're chucking theirs. 10 year deal, DDs paid since Feb. Hopefully the other 2 of our lot follow suit.

Perez news is perfect timing as far as this is concerned.

They were teetering over the edge but this news gave them the final little nudge. If the club decides to offload Longstaff I'd wager a fair few more will be convinced as well.

Wonder where you'd stand if you applied for an away ticket when you had the loyalty points, i'm thinking Tottenham here. They took your money, then you cancelled your DD afterwards. Could they in any way make that ticket invalid/not give you that ticket?

Guest poor

imagine the average iq in sjp next season will be at an all-time low. it was bad enough a few year ago.

Season tickets up 25% in two seasons. Some of our fans are mugs. Big massive sports direct mugs

You get what you pay for, they deserve everything coming their way. They know exactly what's happening and they're still pumping their money into this shitshow of a club. They've got no right to complain and don't want to hear a peep out of them.

Do none of you have wives? The football is LITERALLY the only possible way to get away from them for a few hours.

just go to the pub and watch the games. you still get away from the wife and you still get to watch the game without supporting the parasite.

Just try and stop me from taking my kid to the match that isn't at all interested and spends most of the time either bored or playing on their phone. I refuse to let him miss out because of Ashley.

Just try and stop me from taking my kid to the match that isn't at all interested and spends most of the time either bored or playing on their phone. I refuse to let him miss out because of Ashley.

:lol:

Do none of you have wives? The football is LITERALLY the only possible way to get away from them for a few hours.

just go to the pub and watch the games. you still get away from the wife and you still get to watch the game without supporting the parasite.

But then i'd miss pre-match with the lads, half time pint and a pie etc.  And at the end of the day, you have to support the team (not the regime) otherwise you might have to spend an hour or two with the person you promised to live faithfully with for the rest of your life.  Fuck that.