Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Guest chopey

"Obviously with poor season tickets sales and fans not prepared to put their money into the club we are unable to spend what we would have liked on incoming players,the club must live within its own means"

I had the excuse from someone I know that they have renewed to support the players. So good luck with Colback, Murphy and whatever shit they manage to get in. I told him to not bother complaining to me about how shit the football is because he knows what he's walking into.

I can’t find any mention on the website of when you can buy a season ticket. Top marketing.

They go on general sale on the 15th July. Renewal final date was 4th but looks like it's still open.

He then says "If turning up to match days was going to have an impact then it would be worth it. But not getting 600 quid of Steve from walker ain’t gunna hurt Ashley"

That's true. But 10,000 Steves from Walker is £6m quid each year. Plus other matchday revenue, and day sales dropping as they will too. That WILL hurt Ashley and he will care.

Has anyone else heard the rumour that sales are currently 10K down on this time last year?

So the word that I got last week was seemingly accurate. To be honest, 10,000 still isn't enough. 15k+ would really be a lot more significant.

That would put current season ticket sales at around the 25/26k mark then. In other words they have to sell out half almost half the stadium to single sales to get the usual 50k+ crowds. Not going to happen even against the top teams, especially with the pricing structure.

Average gate next season between 32-35k then. Still too many but a huge step in the right direction.

Cant see that figure being correct, thats 1/3 of ticket holders cancelling

Same here. I'll believe that when I see it officially announced at the start of the season.

Same here. I'll believe that when I see it officially announced at the start of the season.

Like they'll announce that. :lol:

That would put current season ticket sales at around the 25/26k mark then. In other words they have to sell out half almost half the stadium to single sales to get the usual 50k+ crowds. Not going to happen even against the top teams, especially with the pricing structure.

Average gate next season between 32-35k then. Still too many but a huge step in the right direction.

:fwap:

Out of my family, close friends and work colleagues, which I'll admit is a drop in the ocean compared to the overall amount, less than half have currently renewed their tickets for 19/20. 4 of those who haven't cancelled have only kept theirs going because they've already being paying for next year since March and they dont want to just write that money off. They'll be cancelling in January though if things are still the same.

Tbh I can quite believe 1/3rd have decided to call it a day and won't be surprised if the actual figure is slightly higher.

Tbh I can quite believe 1/3rd have decided to call it a day and won't be surprised if the actual figure is slightly higher.

Yeah, I don't struggle to believe that 1/3 have cancelled, instead I struggle to believe that 2/3 are still thinking of going.

Just baffles me that tens of thousands still think it's sensible to spend £600 and rock up every week to watch this shitshow.