Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Someone on Twitter was saying ST sales are around the 23k mark. They had 36k season ticket holders last season.

Surely that'll include those who are on the 10 year deal and I wouldn't be surprised if many of those are cancelling their DD's as we speak.

Is it too much to think it might be around the 40k mark for the Arsenal game?

I know we have alot of knacker fans but crikey, even some of them must be waking up now.

If the 23k figure for season tickets is correct, and I've no reason to doubt it is, the crowd will be around 30k I would have thought.

Can't see them selling more season tickets on the back of appointing Steve Bruce as Rafa Benitez replacement, if anything there'll be more cancellations than season tickets sold from here on in, then add on 3k Arsenal fans and a couple of thousand idiots buying on general sale they'll be lucky to hit 30k.

Someone on Twitter was saying ST sales are around the 23k mark. They had 36k season ticket holders last season.

That won’t take into account people who have just cancelled their direct debits they won’t see that until they find loads of DD failing next time a payment is due. I really hope it’s huge numbers that have cancelled. 🤞🏻

I know we have alot of knacker fans but crikey, even some of them must be waking up now.

If the 23k figure for season tickets is correct, and I've no reason to doubt it is, the crowd will be around 30k I would have thought.

Can't see them selling more season tickets on the back of appointing Steve Bruce as Rafa Benitez replacement, if anything there'll be more cancellations than season tickets sold from here on in, then add on 3k Arsenal fans and a couple of thousand idiots buying on general sale they'll be lucky to hit 30k.

I know plenty of season ticket holders who are planning to boycott the game so it could be much lower. Some of these said they would not renew so not sure how good their word is! Challenged them to leave their tickets at home when they meet up in town so they can't change their minds. Pretty lukewarm response to that idea!

Guest covmag

Season ticket holders not going to the Arsenal game won’t affect the crowd count, only the look.

Idiot fans in my view, clue is in the term season ticket holder, however if they don’t go it’s at least something.

That won’t take into account people who have just cancelled their direct debits they won’t see that until they find loads of DD failing next time a payment is due. I really hope it’s huge numbers that have cancelled. 🤞🏻

I think NUFC give options for DD payments to be taken out on either the 1st or 15th every month. That means that come Monday, they should know how many DD’s have been cancelled.

Surely that'll include those who are on the 10 year deal and I wouldn't be surprised if many of those are cancelling their DD's as we speak.

:wave:

I think NUFC give options for DD payments to be taken out on either the 1st or 15th every month. That means that come Monday, they should know how many DD’s have been cancelled.

yeah know a few who have set up DD's for the 15th and will cancel them the day before.

That would be amazing but I'd be shocked if it's under 45k. People can't help themselves

That would be amazing but I'd be shocked if it's under 45k. People can't help themselves

Aye. It depends on what happens in the next few weeks;

- If Bruce is the manager, a few will want to give 'the local guy' a chance.

- If they make a couple of decent signings then some will cave and go

- If they drop the prices, or introduce a last minute child/concession offer for the Arsenal game (which is likely if sales are poor), then a few will go through general sale/on the turnstile

- If Ashley does another public interview stating that he tried to sell but none of the buyers were serious and Mr Manager will now get every penny the club generates to build on Rafa's good work, then sadly there are some that will be bought in by it.

If in three weeks' time, we still don't have a manager, a takeover or any signings, then with a concerted boycott push then there's no reason why the 30k and below mark is not achievable.

It's going to be high 40s-50k+ regardless imo.

Had the pleasure of sitting at a mates house last night who has no intention of staying away. Like... Zero. Nor have the people he goes with.

Had the pleasure of sitting at a mates house last night who has no intention of staying away. Like... Zero. Not have the people he goes with.

Not a chance next season as things stand.

Had the pleasure of sitting at a mates house last night who has no intention of staying away. Like... Zero. Not have the people he goes with.

Take pleasure in knowing they are wasting their own life and money sitting watching the crap served up by Ashley.

Not a chance next season as things stand.

Suppose we'll see mate.

Imo there's too many people with too many different 'reasons' to go.

Monday will give a huge indication of crowds next season. Some strong claims on Twitter that only 23k season tickets have been sold and as they go on general sale on Monday everyone will be able to see for themselves (unless NUFC play games and only release a certain percentage of available seats for general sale to cover things up a bit).

If the 23k figure is true there's not a hope in hells chance that 20k extra people are paying match by match to take the figure over 40k. As things stand it'll be more like 5k and that's including away fans as well.

The Gallowgate singing section in block V has even disbanded. I've certainly never known it like this before.

Take pleasure in knowing they are wasting their own life and money sitting watching the crap served up by Ashley.

I really don't take any pleasure in it, no matter what points I put across there's either an excuse to go or a shrug.  So I just resorted to having digs every now and then, such as cheering Steve Bruce's decision to bring on Colback to steady the ship, watching players such as Longstaff being shipped out, watching the likes of lascelles, schar and lejeune 'decline' as they struggle without an actual manager then blaming them for it.

Fuckin bollocks.

I really don't take any pleasure in it, no matter what points I put across there's either an excuse to go or a shrug.  So I just resorted to having digs every now and then, such as cheering Steve Bruce's decision to bring on Colback to steady the ship, watching players such as Longstaff being shipped out, watching the likes of lascelles, schar and lejeune 'decline' as they struggle without an actual manager then blaming them for it.

Fuckin bollocks.

When they complain that NUFC are shit and getting beat most games just say "What did you expect?"

Fuckin bollocks.

When they complain that NUFC are shit and getting beat most games just say "What did you expect?"

That’s it. Fine pay your money, what leg do you have to stand on being taken seriously when you moan?