Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

1 hour ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Yip. Can see my, now ex points in my account. Heartbreakingly says 182 points manually removed☹

Get them uploaded to the Trust mate! If they do approach the club as promised, you may well get them back

Loyalty Points – Newcastle United Supporters Trust (nufctrust.co.uk)

17 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I know mate - shitting myself! Hopefully not everyone plans to go camp out :lol:

I've done the camping out all night thing (Blackburn away in the cup in 1993) and I'm past that stage now! I'll try to get one the modern way online and if I can't get one then that's my hard lines. I knew the risk when I gave my ticket up that if a takeover ever came about it would be difficult to get it back.

6 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I've done the camping out all night thing (Blackburn away in the cup in 1993) and I'm past that stage now! I'll try to get one the modern way online and if I can't get one then that's my hard lines. I knew the risk when I gave my ticket up that if a takeover ever came about it would be difficult to get it back.

Fucking hell what a night that was when the pubs emptied.

They must have put them on sale at about 4am due to the crowds ? remember leaving college and going straight up after my tea the night before. Everyone sprinting upto the old ticket office when they opened the gates, then being crushed against the box office until it opened.

To old for that shit aswell now.

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Fucking hell what a night that was when the pubs emptied.

They must have put them on sale at

about 4am due to the crowds ? remember leaving college and going straight up after my tea the night before. Everyone sprinting upto the old ticket office when they opened

the gates, then being crushed against the box office until it opened.

To old for that shit aswell now.

That's right they dragged the ticket office staff out of their pits and into work around 4am as it was just beginning to get a bit edgy. Remember they had gates next to where the Terrace pub is now (Milburn/Gallowgate corner) so you couldn't just walk up the bank like you can now and that's where the queue started. We got there at 7pm and joined the queue behind the East Stand! Still remember the stampede when they unlocked the gates. People falling over and getting trampled on, not nice to see.

Anyway got our tickets, went down to Blackburn and lost 1-0 in the last minute!

• 3 months later...

When would new season tickets go on sale? Also do existing season ticket holders/members get the chance to buy another one before everyone else similarly to normal home tickets? Desperate to get my seat back next to me fatha, didn't renew for 2019-20 due to both uni and Rafa leaving. No one has bought it up to now as I've been paying for my old seat for almost each game individually. Saved up and held back money from my 21st for it, it was around 800 quid at the start of this season.

Membership ends at end of May. Renewals/New sales tend to be in June? 

Doubt membership will have any sway for 22-23.

Would be good if NUST could do some digging.

Edited by TheGuv

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Lot of Tweets like this flying around tonight…

Interesting. My 10 year deal should be up this year but I’ve not had anything as yet. Will share on here if and when I do.

2 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Membership ends at end of May. Renewals/New sales tend to be in June? 

Doubt membership will have any sway for 22-23.

Would be good if NUST could do some digging.

As someone with a membership and no season ticket I think members should be at the front of the queue!

Aside from my obvious bias it would also seem more practical as  sales can be staggered.

Edited by Dr Venkman

22 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

As someone with a membership and no season ticket I think members should be at the front of the queue!

Aside from my obvious bias it would also seem more practical as  sales can be staggered.

Hard to stagger sales when the membership will be defunct before season tickets go on sale.

From a business perspective it makes

more sense for the club to bring out a new membership from June 1st and try and get those new members signed up and then buy a ST…

An extra £30 easily made 

10 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Hard to stagger sales when the membership will be defunct before season tickets go on sale.

From a business perspective it makes

more sense for the club to bring out a new membership from June 1st and try and get those new members signed up and then buy a ST…

An extra £30 easily made 

Should they wish to they could make ST sales available first to 2021-22 members before general sale. Not saying they will, but they can if they want to. You seem to be getting very caught up in the membership expiring, that’s not what I’m saying.

I'm hoping (selfishly) that they also look at purchase history throughout the course of this season to come up with a points system and send out e-mails to those customers in priority.

I've been to every game (bar Norwich) since the takeover was completed so I'd like this to be taken into account.

9 minutes ago, Sima said:

I'm hoping (selfishly) that they also look at purchase history throughout the course of this season to come up with a points system and send out e-mails to those customers in priority.

I've been to every game (bar Norwich) since the takeover was completed so I'd like this to be taken into account.

I’m also hoping this! All but Man City for me.

Unfortunately I don’t think there is any fair way of doing it other than just putting them on sale and allowing the scramble to take shape.

Everyone will have their own reason for wanting priority - impossible to justify who is more deserving than others.

My own preference would be to contact everyone who gave up their tickets over the Ashley era and allow them the opportunity to get it back.

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Unfortunately I don’t think there is any fair way of doing it other than just putting them on sale and allowing the scramble to take shape.

Everyone will have their own reason for wanting priority - impossible to justify who is more deserving than others.

My own preference would be to contact everyone who gave up their tickets over the Ashley era and allow them the opportunity to get it back.

This would be my preference too, for purely selfish reasons.

18 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

As a member not a season ticket holder I wonder how many tickets will be made available for home matches next season

Think PL rules are that it has to be a certain minimum % of capacity. Possibly 5%, maybe 10%