The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Arsenal lack so much pace. A bunch of skillful plodders.

They wouldn't actually be that bad if they had Walcott, Ramsey and Ozil available. Rosicky, Cazorla, Arteta are all too inconsistent

Guest Roger Kint

How on earth is it a red card if the ball's going out of play? If it was going in then, yes, it's a red card.

:lol: Clueless

Why was it a red then? Deliberate handball is a yellow card unless there is a potential goal scoring opportunity involved. AOX didn't stop the ball from going in.

:lol: Christ! Hes almost on the line and throws himself at the ball to save it, its a clear pen man. Potentially he was stopping a goalscoring chance as he/the ref/no other fucker in real time could possibly know different, basically you are talking crap

Guest palnese

How on earth is it a red card if the ball's going out of play? If it was going in then, yes, it's a red card.

Why was it a red then? Deliberate handball is a yellow card unless there is a potential goal scoring opportunity involved. AOX didn't stop the ball from going in.

:lol: Christ! Hes almost on the line and throws himself at the ball to save it, its a clear pen man. Potentially he was stopping a goalscoring chance as he/the ref/no other fucker in real time could possibly know different, basically you are talking crap

Of course it was a pen. I just think the red card is harsh as the ball was going wide. That's it.

Guest Roger Kint

Of course it was a pen. I just think the red card is harsh as the ball was going wide. That's it.

If you mean the red was harsh as Gibbs wasnt even in the wrong then yeah. Otherwise its a red and deservedly so for AOC

:lol: Christ! Hes almost on the line and throws himself at the ball to save it, its a clear pen man. Potentially he was stopping a goalscoring chance as he/the ref/no other f***er in real time could possibly know different, basically you are talking crap

Outfield player playing goalie in the line is the one instance where I agree with the penalty+red. The ref or AOC didn't know the ball was going wide, it doesn't matter.

Arsenal lack so much pace. A bunch of skillful plodders.

They wouldn't actually be that bad if they had Walcott, Ramsey and Ozil available. Rosicky, Cazorla, Arteta are all too inconsistent

Arteta has had it. No where near good enough. As out of place a Garrath Barry was vs Germany that time.

Giroud is the least Arsenal striker they've had since Jeffers. As to why Arsenal play him but refuse to cross I have no idea. They've got no pace without Walcott, they desperately need a mobile left sided player. Remy would be ideal.

The midfield lacks bite, no one can break up the play. Desperately missing Wilshire and the engine of Ramsay. As to why flamini is onthe bench only arsene knows.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: Christ! Hes almost on the line and throws himself at the ball to save it, its a clear pen man. Potentially he was stopping a goalscoring chance as he/the ref/no other f***er in real time could possibly know different, basically you are talking crap

Outfield player playing goalie in the line is the one instance where I agree with the penalty+red. The ref or AOC didn't know the ball was going wide, it doesn't matter.

:thup: Plenty of undeserving reds dished out for pens but this is a definate right one for me.

The ref didn't even know who handballed it, how the fuck is he supposed to know if the ball is going wide

Basically, you can't have outfield players making diving saves and the ref having to judge whether it was going in or not.

:thup:

If the player himself cannot judge it's going wide to have made such a daft decision you cannot expect the referee too. The rest of it is just a farce though.