The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Why would you love a country like Argentina to win?

Argentina winning the WC at the soil of its biggest rival? Would make for some great scenes.

It's still Argentina...Hand Of God/Falklands/....ahhhhh it's VI, dm!

Yeah, I suppose for a brit it's like us wishing Italy won :lol:

:snod:

TBF I'm surprised anyone would wish a win upon Argentina. :lol:  Don't think there's a more hated nationality in the world in that sense. (obviously I have loads of Argentinian friends) Just generally speaking.

France

I just like them and am excited about the Messi/Aguero partnership. I've not supported England since I was a kid, so normally find weird alternatives. Plus, an Argie win get the doubters to finally agree that Messi is the best of all time.

I just like them and am excited about the Messi/Aguero partnership. I've not supported England since I was a kid, so normally find weird alternatives. Plus, an Argie win get the doubters to finally agree that Messi is the best of all time.

Yeah, Messi winning the World Cup with probably the best attacking force in the team, will get everyone to agree he's the best of all-time. I'm sorry until he does it completely on his own or wins twice the Argentinians will always hold higher regard of Maradona.

The Argie side still looks too unbalanced to me, although they have improved under Savella. It would be fun if they won it, but sides like Spain/Germany/Brazil and even Italy look more solid throughout.

Am I the only one who thinks Italy will go out in the group stages? It's the weakest squad they've had in ages in my opinion. Argentina might be unbalanced but when you have Lavezzi, Higuain, Messi, Aguero, Di Maria you just can't disregard them as one of the favourites. Personally I hope Messi and Aguero don't reach their form though.

Anyone mentioned that 1300 people have turned up to watch North Shields today?

That's a cracking crowd. Whats the reason?? Special match?

They are lifting the league trophy today.

Aaah. Tremendous gate that.

Their posture is something else.

:)

:boomboom:

Just you concentrate on 4th......................