Other clubs' transfers

TBG

They've never even sniffed a CL race in 4-5 years. Let alone challenge for the title.

They'll have a season battling for 4th. Probably 2. Then a title challenge if it gets that far. Was the case for City. The case for Chelsea. Even Wenger finished a distant 3rd before a title challenge (which they won).

I know they haven't but when new owners came in that was the time to start getting the ball rolling but Kenny set them back 2/3 year hence why they are only starting to try and push for a top 4 spot now.

They've never even sniffed a CL race in 4-5 years. Let alone challenge for the title.

They'll have a season battling for 4th. Probably 2. Then a title challenge if it gets that far. Was the case for City. The case for Chelsea. Even Wenger finished a distant 3rd before a title challenge (which they won).

I don't think they will break the top 4. I think that they will come close over a couple of seasons without succeeding. This will put big pressure on Rodgers in due course and it will be hard for them to move forward as a club without the Champions League. The one thing they do have is if a couple of their players have a big season they will be able to sell them for big money which will ensure they are competitive in the transfer market.

Bit of a scandal going round as it's been revealed that a nationalized bank that needed the biggest bailout of our financial history has loaned Real Madrid the Bale money.

Oh Spain, I do recognize you.

should be made to give bale back

Bit of a scandal going round as it's been revealed that a nationalized bank that needed the biggest bailout of our financial history has loaned Real Madrid the Bale money.

Oh Spain, I do recognize you.

should be made to give bale back

Bale out  :tumbleweed:

It's the same bank that loaned them the Kaká and Cronaldo money (which they are still paying back). It's the former Madrid state bank, it just doesn't look clean to me to have the state indirectly funding football clubs (we're guilty of this too), if it was such a good business they'd probably have no problem securing the loan from a private bank.

This is the same bank that almost repo-ed Valencia a few months ago, incidentally.

That said, Madrid have just denied this and said they are paying it from their own pockets in 4 installments.

Guest neesy111

It's the same bank that loaned them the Kaká and Cronaldo money (which they are still paying back). It's the former Madrid state bank, it just doesn't look clean to me to have the state indirectly funding football clubs (we're guilty of this too), if it was such a good business they'd probably have no problem securing the loan from a private bank.

This is the same bank that almost repo-ed Valencia a few months ago, incidentally.

That said, Madrid have just denied this and said they are paying it from their own pockets in 4 installments.

Surely Madrid have the revenues to pay for transfers out of their own pocket (aside from the 2010 spending spree)? 

Madrid are good money to pay it back right? If so I see no problem.

Loan money out to help fund the signing of an over-priced and over-paid footballer or loan money out to help the country's economy?

No brainer, that. 

That's a very emotional way to look at business.

If Madrid are good money - they are good money.

Madrid are good money to pay it back right? If so I see no problem.

Loan money out to help fund the signing of an over-priced and over-paid footballer or loan money out to help the country's economy?

No brainer, that. 

That's a very emotional way to look at business.

If Madrid are good money - they are good money.

Wondering over how many years will RM pay the money back? (Though I've just seen VI's post.)

Surely Madrid have the revenues to pay for transfers out of their own pocket (aside from the 2010 spending spree)? 

After selling Özil, they might have (would put them at a €50m-€60m net spend), but it all depends on the installments of all the transfers involved and their resulting cash flow.

They certainly can't afford a lump €100m out of their own pocket.

Guest neesy111

After selling Özil, they might have (would put them at a €50m-€60m net spend), but it all depends on the installments of all the transfers involved and their resulting cash flow.

They certainly can't afford a lump €100m out of their own pocket.

Yeah understand that, but surely they pay for most of their transfers in installments?

Installments work both ways. You won't be paying the lump sum of the player you're buying now, but you're still paying the installments of the players you bought years ago.

For example, RM just paid a €25m installment for Cronaldo (to the bank).

There's a new report that says that Madrid hasn't got a proper loan, but the banks are backing a set of IOUs that will be used to pay Spurs.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, I should had said Arsenal are probably paying in installments for Ozil.

How's Barca's financial position at the moment btw?

It's improving, according to our accounts and reports from some neutral analysts. But we can't spend as lavishly (€25m net spend this season).

Debt is reportedly going down and we are no longer technically insolvent as we were two years ago. I don't like the current board for many things, but they appear financially responsible.

Guest neesy111

It's improving, according to our accounts and reports from some neutral analysts. But we can't spend as lavishly (€25m net spend this season).

Debt is reportedly going down and we are no longer technically insolvent as we were two years ago. I don't like the current board for many things, but they appear financially responsible.

How would you's fund a new stadium / renovation of Camp Nou btw (if you know) also whats the news on it?  Will be a huge huge project when it happens.

That's the big elephant in the room. It's necessary, but the board has admitted that financing it could be crippling. They seem to have scaled back their plans and go with just a big Camp Nou renovation instead of a new stadium. They said they'd release more info throughout the season as they finalise their plans. Then it has to be approved by the club members in a vote.