Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I suppose he's just meant to add strength and power upfront, which is nowt bad to do when your other strikers are Anelka and Vydra, they certainly aren't looking to him as their goalscorer. They are in a relegation scrap anyway, can't be too picky.

It's still a bit ridiculous to have Victor Anichebe as your record signing, but that's just a sign of the flux of money into the PL.

Aye money aside it's a decent signing. They've kept Long so they should be okay. Vydra and Anelka to get the goals, Long & Anichebe for athleticism. Not the worst.

At a point in time it was looking like they where going with Anelka, Vydra - selling Long and no  Anichebe. That was a relegation formula. Now, I think they'll have enough firepower. Just.

Just noticed that Carlos "1000 clubs" Aranda left Granada in deadline day for Las Palmas. Lasted half a season this time :lol:

He has the record for most number of top flight clubs played for in Spain. Pretty talented player actually (you don't get that many chances otherwise), but he could fall out with an empty room.

Didn't realise Pablo Aimar is a free agent. He any good anymore?

Tbf I'd like us to sign him purely for the fact I loved him growing up, bet he's still got it in his locker

I was gutted when our attempts at signing him before he went to Benfica went down the pan. Really thought he'd be the type of player who would win the fans hearts like Ben Arfa has. When Aimar was at Valencia he always reminded me of Beardsley

Didn't realise Pablo Aimar is a free agent. He any good anymore?

Tbf I'd like us to sign him purely for the fact I loved him growing up, bet he's still got it in his locker

I was gutted when our attempts at signing him before he went to Benfica went down the pan. Really thought he'd be the type of player who would win the fans hearts like Ben Arfa has. When Aimar was at Valencia he always reminded me of Beardsley

:thup: definitely had that about him, I genuinely think he could still do a job. I think he would have been a hero here. Same as arda Turan who we were always linked with

Arda Turan is so much better now than he was then too. Absolute workhorse as well as having great ability.

Messi's boyhood hero :snod:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4hBw7InsVoOlsi3cvzAunztw3lACvNA35zVHcfOTtORoz80YfMg

He seemed pretty indifferent when we played them in the CL last year, dunno if he's still got something for the top level.

touch of the EMO about the wee man there  :lol: