Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest neesy111

Sorry to be naive but why on earth would Barca need a new stadium?

It's old and they are losing revenue by the lack of corporate seats/boxes.

Sorry to be naive but why on earth would Barca need a new stadium?

It's old and they are losing revenue by the lack of corporate seats/boxes.

Pretty much this. Plus it's very cramped inside due to not using towers to get to the top tiers, etc... and well, it's a bit ugly, a massive slab of concrete which is how stuff was built over here in the 1950s-60s.

They need to set up camp in a nou stadium.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdo7qrvHlH1qc1xtmo1_500.jpg

It's the fucking tongue man. He looks so smug and sleezy. In my mind he slaps some girl on the ass after making that comment, and strolls back into the wilderness. You can hear that rough, smug laughter fade slowly away as he dissapears.

That's the big elephant in the room. It's necessary, but the board has admitted that financing it could be crippling. They seem to have scaled back their plans and go with just a big Camp Nou renovation instead of a new stadium. They said they'd release more info throughout the season as they finalise their plans. Then it has to be approved by the club members in a vote.

as you've sold the rights to your shirts now i'd imagine no-one would give a fuck if you sold naming rights to a new stadium, i would have thought barca would have arab's lining up to throw money at buying the rights to a new stadium and in effect financing it?

Nah, stadium naming rights would have people up in arms over here, it's still quite rare in Spain; with Mallorca relegated no Spanish top flight team has them sold and both Athletic and Atlético aren't planning to do it for their new stadiums.

Sports Direct@Camp Nou FFS. :lol:

It was in a bad state when I was there but it's still a terrific stadium. What history that ground has witnessed.

At pitch side it doesn't actually look that big but when you get to the Journos section (high up in the ground) it like "woah"  :yikes:

Also, as an aside, the pitch has a very noticeable camber in it, higher in the middle and sloping away towards the touch lines.

Museum is class :thup:

It was in a bad state when I was there but it's still a terrific stadium. What history that ground has witnessed.

At pitch side it doesn't actually look that big but when you get to the Journos section (high up in the ground) it like "woah"  :yikes:

Also, as an aside, the pitch has a very noticeable camber in it, higher in the middle and sloping away towards the touch lines.

Museum is class :thup:

I'm torn regarding the stadium's future. For starters it's f***ing Camp Nou. My dad's dad took him there the day it was inaugurated, and my dad took me there when my feet still dangled from the seats. Too many things happened in that ugly slab of concrete to just tear it down and pretend it's allright. But at the same time if a new stadium is needed to take the club forward, clinging to the past is not a good thing.

The problem is that given the way it was built, there's little capacity to adapt the stadium to modern needs, since a lot of the inner space is needed for support and stairs (the stadium doesn't have external towers), and apparently if we try to f*** too much with the structure it's just better to tear it down. We'll see what proposal the board puts forward.