Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Still a bit of a puzzler to have Lukaku sent to Everton, he'd be nailed on to start every single game for Albion.

Probably Mou wants him to prove himself in a team that isn't utterly pants, though, it's easier to be king of the mice.

Surely he'll start every game for Everton as well.

How good was... Nicholas Anelka?

He had world class ability but never really put it together consistently. His career is some how pretty underwhelming. Yet, he has quite the trophy haul.

That finish against us for Chelsea, in the league cup, is still one of the best I've ever seen. Fantastic player really, possibly something mental that has stopped him being a world beater.

Wouldn't consider him a failure though, much worse dramatic falls than his. I sort of admire that he still managed to carve himself a career at the PL after being sent to Turkey, where footballers go to die. He signed for Bolton, showed his ability there and ended up winning the league at Chelsea and becoming the league's top goalscorer.

Not one of the best as some expected but surely a good career. He was instrumental in Madrid's CL win too.

How good was... Nicholas Anelka?

He had world class ability but never really put it together consistently. His career is some how pretty underwhelming. Yet, he has quite the trophy haul.

That finish against us for Chelsea, in the league cup, is still one of the best I've ever seen. Fantastic player really, possibly something mental that has stopped him being a world beater.

Wouldn't consider him a failure though, much worse dramatic falls than his. I sort of admire that he still managed to carve himself a career at the PL after being sent to Turkey, where footballers go to die. He signed for Bolton, showed his ability there and ended up winning the league at Chelsea and becoming the league's top goalscorer.

Not one of the best as some expected but surely a good career. He was instrumental in Madrid's CL win too.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't call him a failure either. Just became a bit too much of a journeyman for my liking, when he should have been exclusively playing for the top clubs throughout his career. Loved watching him play though, very intelligent, great finisher and lovely movement.

Exactly. He still had a good career and it's still going. He was excellent that year in the CL... think he had a couple match winning performances in the business end at the very least.

Just feel he could have maintained it for longer. Was never far away from a transfer to somewhere silly. Man City at the time, Bolton, Ferna etc. But finds time to win a couple PL's, couple FA Cups, CL, Euro Cup and a few others I bet. Played in 2 CL finals as well.

Thought Everton looked like they might struggle to go higher than top 8-9 this year but I think they will be comfortably 7th not maybe 6th if Liverpool slip up.

With Lukaku upfront converting those million chances Neil claims they are creating (haven't watched them yet), they look very good right now.

Exactly. He still had a good career and it's still going. He was excellent that year in the CL... think he had a couple match winning performances in the business end at the very least.

Just feel he could have maintained it for longer. Was never far away from a transfer to somewhere silly. Man City at the time, Bolton, Ferna etc. But finds time to win a couple PL's, couple FA Cups, CL, Euro Cup and a few others I bet. Played in 2 CL finals as well.

The year at Real Madrid was puzzling, comes with the hype of the next young superstar, spends the season sulking, missing training and being completely useless the few times VDB decides to put him in the pitch... and then he single-handedly destroys Bayern in the CL semis.

The year at Real Madrid was puzzling, comes with the hype of the next young superstar, spends the season sulking, missing training and being completely useless the few times VDB decides to put him in the pitch... and then he single-handedly destroys Bayern in the CL semis.

Think he's a good example of too much too soon. The Madrid thing he was behaving like a right twat by all accounts. Even the way he left Arsenal.

I would say he had more natural talent than Henry. But Henry worked at his game and had the attitude to be one of the best in the world and a better player as a result. I remember Henry would miss a ton of chances when he first joined Arsenal but he had the attitude and work rate. A younger Anelka a season or two earlier seemed to score whenever he felt like it

Youth product, a good player, club don't need the money.

1 year left on deal never played wanted to leave. Liverpool have been ripped off

You have to pay compensation for youth players who are out of contract so he'd never have been free and I'll pass judgement on 'ripped off' after I've seen what impact he has. He is supposed to be rather good I'm led to believe, he's an international after all.

Youth product, a good player, club don't need the money.

1 year left on deal never played wanted to leave. Liverpool have been ripped off

You have to pay compensation for youth players who are out of contract so he'd never have been free and I'll pass judgement on 'ripped off' after I've seen what impact he has. He is supposed to be rather good I'm led to believe, he's an international after all.

being an international means nowt these days Shola's one after all. And I'm not sure if the compensation thing applies between different countries, Celtic got Joe Ledley off Cardiff for absolutely nothing despite him coming through there. It just seems utterly stupid and needlessly expensive for a guy in his situation when you could have lined him up for free next summer in a few months.