Other clubs' transfers

TBG

There's loads of crap, generically named Aston Villa players that'll be there or thereabouts.

:lol: :thup:

Generic Name, or Aston Villa player??? You decide. No cheating.

Steve Johnson

Daniel Williams

Joe Bennett

Carl Carlson

Chris Davis

Nathan Baker

Chris Herd

Anthony Daniels

Daniel Johnson

Ashley Westwood

Ian Brown

Matthew Lowton

Charles N'Zogbia

I've been abstaining from commenting on our transfer talk and particularly Fábregas since my reaction can be summed up like this:  :banghead:

Think its a good move if you actually get someone who is suited to your midfield.

Problem with Fabregas is he doesn't really have a position.

The way Celta Vigo played I can really see him fit into the same system playing behind the striker. Iniesta will probably have to move further down into Xavi's role though which is an absolute shame.

Behind who? :lol:

Jores Okore and Ron Vlaar will be the starters I imagine.

Hmmm ... I guess he would be third choice then, which isn't a disaster  don't think. Is he really that much worse than Steven Taylor? Nah.

The problem with Fabregas is he's so slow.

So is Iniesta and Xavi. That's not his problem, his problem has been trying to accomodate him into a system that doesn't fit his ability. Play him behind a striker with movement and he'll be excellent.

Xavi and Iniesta maybe slow but they have an excellent ability to escape markers in closed space. Fabregas however can't do that he needs a lot more space to be dangerous.

Oh absolutely, that's why I think he should play in a system that gives him space :thup:

Disappointed to see Villa signing players I've heard of. They're only redeeming feature last season was they seemed to have a new player who you'd never heard of appearing each week.

I've been abstaining from commenting on our transfer talk and particularly Fábregas since my reaction can be summed up like this:  :banghead:

Cheer up. It could be worse.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/javaImages/43/9a/0,,10265~12884547,00.jpg

2 years anarl. Thought it would be an end of season job

Cheer up. It could be worse.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/javaImages/43/9a/0,,10265~12884547,00.jpg

Even he looks thrilled.

Behind who? :lol:

Vlaar and Okore.

I don't really have a huge problem with it, as it makes us less likely to need Baker or Clark - or both - but given we've got problems paying wages these days, I don't see why we've wasted it on that position at all now, at least for someone who doesn't really improve things enormously.

Anyway, I shall wait and see what else happens.

I wish I was back over there mind. He'll destroy that place. :lol: Something for Yorkie to do other than watch films in his hostel. :p

:lol: Mention of Australia in random thread.

Bring it back to Yorkie's Australian adventure.

Insult him in the process.

Rinse and repeat.

I was reading a Villa forum the other day and they were discussing "how will Lerner be remembered", and someone posted "As a well meaning div". Spot on.

You got a well meaning div, we got a malicious wanker who enjoys watching us suffer. Net result is much of a muchness at the moment. Basically you got Labour to our Tories.