Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest Roger Kint

Ashley Cole to Roma according to Sky Italy.

Got offers from three teams in Europe apparently. No doubt Milan are another as they like old and free

Liverpool interested in Yedlin :anguish:

Greg Seltzer says he's off to Roma. Will finish the MLS season at Seattle on loan, maybe spend next season on loan with another Italian side.

http://www.noshortcorners.com/2014/07/oh-you-are-gonna-love-this.html

I think he will get exposed defensively and positionally over the course of a long European season, but this is the best thing for his development. You cannot be a local champion forever.

edit: 10 million for Origi seems quite low given that Lille are a fairly well financed CL club and he is coming off a World Cup.

Of course he'll be exposed defensively a times, but he's a young, converted full-back still learning. It's supposed to happen to allow him to get better, looks like they're doing all they can to help him adjust and get comfortable. After a few seasons with some European coaching I'd hope his positioning and 1v1 game is much better, if not he can always be the next Kyle Walker.

Seems like Liverpool are buying Lazar Markovic.

@MirrorAnderson  1m

Liverpool already spending Suarez cash before fee is agreed. They are close to signing Lazar Markovic for £25m and Divock Origi for £9.8m

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article4140389.ece?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

etc.

he any good? can't say i've heard of him off the top of my head of him. Wasn't terribly impressed by Origi in the world cup but iirc he was being sent back on loan anyway wasn't he?

Freddy Adu on trial at AZ Alkmaar :lol: Not sure how he got that after flaming out of the Brazilian second division.

He didn't get a contract after his two week trial at fucking Stabæk, man. Stabæk, the club with Bob fucking Bradley as their manager. :lol:

As he arrived:

Stabæk: "Bob knows Freddy. He's worked with him in the past and told us the potential is there and that he is the right man to get it out of Freddy. We are excited."

Freddy: "I think this is the right move for my career. Bob Bradley is the best manager I've had and I hope I will do enough to warrant a place in his squad and reignite my career."

After two weeks:

Stabæk: "You can go now Freddy. :yao:"

Freddy: ":okay:"

Seems like Liverpool are buying Lazar Markovic.

@MirrorAnderson  1m

Liverpool already spending Suarez cash before fee is agreed. They are close to signing Lazar Markovic for £25m and Divock Origi for £9.8m

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article4140389.ece?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

etc.

he any good? can't say i've heard of him off the top of my head of him. Wasn't terribly impressed by Origi in the world cup but iirc he was being sent back on loan anyway wasn't he?

markovic is really good. Saw a bit of him for Benfica and he was always trying to make something happen. Very quick. Played well against brazil a month ago too.

Guest chopey

Liverpool are on the road to self destruction here spending all the money generated last season in order to improve and try and win something for their loyal fans ...................terrible state of affairs I feel so sorry for the fans

Ashley Cole in Rome now.

I do like seeing English/British players playing abroad. Far too often there's that dreadful, media led insinuation that the Premier League is the only worthwhile league in the world.

My point partly underlined by Clive Tyldesley's embarrassing call on Friday night when James Rodriguez was about to take his peno and Hulk was offering advice to Julio Cesar. Surely as a football commentator you should know certain aspects of European football, especially when commentating on the fucking World Cup. Not as if Rodriguez was an absolute newcomer.

Ashley Cole in Rome now.

I do like seeing English/British players playing abroad. Far too often there's that dreadful, media led insinuation that the Premier League is the only worthwhile league in the world.

My point partly underlined by Clive Tyldesley's embarrassing call on Friday night when James Rodriguez was about to take his peno and Hulk was offering advice to Julio Cesar. Surely as a football commentator you should know certain aspects of European football, especially when commentating on the f***ing World Cup. Not as if Rodriguez was an absolute newcomer.

Football doesn't exist out of the PL, La Liga and Germany now to most people.

Great signing. And class move for him

:thup: Should be a good fit for all parties concerned.

with him and Suarez gone it'll put an end to their whole racism thing

Um ... what?

Great signing. And class move for him

:thup: Should be a good fit for all parties concerned.

with him and Suarez gone it'll put an end to their whole racism thing

Um ... what?

wont be any more missed handshakes or negri-toes