Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Not a lot for 2 strikers by today's inflated fees tbh. Especially if an average of 11.5m gets you two strikers that can score goals in that division and significantly improve your chances of gaining promotion to the cash cow league at the first attempt.

£11m for McCormack who is only proven in the Championship

Remy is available for £8m this summer.

We've just signed the captain of Ajax for just over half of that £11m fee.

That is really disturbing.

Why is that disturbing? :lol: Remy is available for that fee because of his clause. De Jong went for that as he wanted to leave with a year left and had an injury-prone year, and whether he performs up to expectations is still anyone's guess. Just because we shop in the bargain bins doesn't mean that other clubs paying an average fee for a striker by today's standards should be laughed at.

Guest neesy111

£11m for McCormack who is only proven in the Championship

Remy is available for £8m this summer.

We've just signed the captain of Ajax for just over half of that £11m fee.

That is really disturbing.

Remy doesn't want to join us.

Does it matter? We shop in different windows and Fulham willing to pay the on-going rate while we keep to 1994 fees doesn't mean they are crazy.

Would you really be happy with paying £11m for Ross McCormack? I would love to see us spend that sort of fee on a player but I'd be a bit pissed off if it was for McCormack.

Does it matter? We shop in different windows and Fulham willing to pay the on-going rate while we keep to 1994 fees doesn't mean they are crazy.

I don't see the correlation between how we shop and the fee for McCormack. £11m for a championship striker is nuts.

Remy's original fee was £8m was it not, and hence why he wanted to be able to leave for the same amount if QPR got relegated.

I'm guessing you would have been horrified if we spent £11m on McCormack, and rightly so. When we were linked people were talking about £5m at the most, or they'd be pissed!

Liverpool have just spent £10 million on a 19 year old with a ton of potential, who was already scoring goals at the top level in France. The Lassoga guy who was already scoring goals in the top level in Germany, at 22, has gone for £8m.

Something is wrong somewhere.

Would you really be happy with paying £11m for Ross McCormack? I would love to see us spend that sort of fee on a player but I'd be a bit p*ssed off if it was for McCormack.

Like I said, Fulham identified one of their targets and are willing to pay a couple million more to secure him. We penny-pinch and are not willing to even pay an extra 1m to get our targets across the line. 10m is the average going rate for a striker nowadays and they have got a proven striker in that division. And that's like, 5-6m in 1994 rates? Yeah, I'm bloody envious they are committed to getting their players over the line unlike us.

I don't see the correlation between how we shop and the fee for McCormack. £11m for a championship striker is nuts.

Remy's original fee was £8m was it not, and hence why he wanted to be able to leave for the same amount if QPR got relegated.

I'm guessing you would have been horrified if we spent £11m on McCormack, and rightly so. When we were linked people were talking about £5m at the most, or they'd be p*ssed!

Liverpool have just spent £10 million on a 19 year old with a ton of potential, who was already scoring goals at the top level in France. The Lassoga guy who was already scoring goals in the top level in Germany, at 22, has gone for £8m.

Something is wrong somewhere.

Remy's valuation is definitely well over 10m now. It's his clause that makes him cheap man. :lol:

We are already mentally-adjusted to laugh at other clubs once they pay whatever the ongoing rates for a player. Anything above 10m and we look at their transfers with NUFC-bargain bin eyes and say it's stupid.

LRD you are a good politician, I'll give you that.  :)

If that's the best you can come up with, you should stick to your OTT criticism of players marra. :lol:

It's about experience, he'll score them goals and give them a good chance of promotion if the rest of the team is right too. Not so sure he'll be much cop in the Premiership and they have next to no hope of recouping anywhere near that fee even if he does well. But I guess they're showing a bit of ambition, even if it's with the wrong kind of target in my eyes.

Look at the views of supporters from other clubs when you see Fulham pay £11m for McCormack, it's got nothing to do with us being used to paying under the supposed value of players the transfer fee just makes absolutely no sense.