Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Jealous as f*** of Everton making this signing and having such a top class manager like Martinez whilst we're stuck with our fraud.

Hiring Martinez

Barkley emerging and signing on long term

Loaning and then signing Lukaku long term

Like friggin buses ...

Holding onto Baines too last season. Showing you don't have to sell all your quality players if you are showing the right ambition.

Lukaku is an absolute monster, but I've never been too impressed with his technique. He's got a long way to go, but he will certainly improve under Martinez.

:thup: My feeling as well. I don't think he's all that yet, but under Martinez I do expect him to improve a lot.

He would do well to learn how to play with his back to goal.

That's the biggest difference between Drogba and these young guns like Bony and Lukaku for me. Neither of them seem that comfortable playing with their back to goal.

The difference in the world cup was noticeable and defenders hated the physical stuff opening up space for his team mates.

They both have time though.

Good to see some ambition from Everton and good luck to them. They're certainly showing us up. Looking at the Southampton prices, you'd have to think they could get a mint for some of their players.

Lukaku played 500 more minutes than Remy last season, over 20% longer, so Remy for the price the CL clubs can get him for is a bargain and a half.

Being reported that it's a £25 million deal for Lukaku who'll be on 75k a week.

Fee seems a tad high imo but great signing.

They'll sell him back for double that in 3 seasons.

Some part of me feels Chelsea are mad to let him go but if they want to challenge the likes of Real Madrid/Barcelona, Lukaku may not be the right person.

They can just buy him back anyway if he becomes truly world class.

24M raising to 30 according to the Telegraph! thats frustrating..... Everton are maybe at the same level of Finance as we are or we are even in Better condition.and they sign a player that costs like our all Transfer business this summer

"I think he is a player a lot of clubs will be looking at in the summer. I don't think Everton will get a free run at him"

"At the moment, it is a bit like we are with Loic (Remy). It is a situation that Everton would love to keep him, as we would with Loic, and those questions are really out of Everton's and our control."

It was out of Everton's control right up until the point they decided to buy him.

I'm not really sure how anyone can say they overpaid for him. A proven PL goal scorer at 21 years old who's only going to improve and whose value will only increase over time.

It's a lot of money but coincidentally Sky have just given them a lot of money. It's a wise investment for all of the reasons already given and coupled with Barkley signing on again means they've had an excellent few days.

Howard, Jagielka, Barkley and Lukaku is a great spine to have running throughout the team. Throw in Baines, Coleman, Mirallas and a very astute manager in the dugout and there's lots to look forward to if you're an Evertonian. Bastards. :lol:

I'm not really sure how anyone can say they overpaid for him. A proven PL goal scorer at 21 years old who's only going to improve and whose value will only increase over time.

Only just turned 21 in May too. Born in 1993 the absolute bastard :sad:

Coleman signed a new long term contract last month to add to the "I hate them" bandwagon.

25m for someone who right now according to Everton fans is inconsistent and still very raw is a lot of money in isolation.

But as I have said before money only matters at the top level nowadays if the player flops.

Which I can't see why he will so doubt they will care if he's over or under priced.

"I think he is a player a lot of clubs will be looking at in the summer. I don't think Everton will get a free run at him"

"At the moment, it is a bit like we are with Loic (Remy). It is a situation that Everton would love to keep him, as we would with Loic, and those questions are really out of Everton's and our control."

It was out of Everton's control right up until the point they decided to buy him.

The man's mouth just keeps emitting nonsense.

25m for someone who right now according to Everton fans is inconsistent and still very raw is a lot of money in isolation.

But as I have said before money only matters at the top level nowadays if the player flops.

Which I can't see why he will so doubt they will care if he's over or under priced.

Imagine having a 21 year old who was considered raw and inconsistent, and who still managed to score the amount of goals he did. Hell of an investment. No question about it.

Let's see what he does now he knows he is a full member of Everton, and can really settle in, and be involved with them from the outset.

I'm past caring what Pardew has to say for himself.

We all know he's a coward, with no backbone who makes up shit as he goes along which will never change.

I expect nothing while he's the manager and Ashley is the owner, what ever happens I'll deal with. But I sure as he'll have no expectations or hopes.

Don't even get pissed off with his comments anymore, seen it all before a million times.

It'd be a problem if he were inconsistent and raw and 25 years old. They're paying as much for potential as anything. He's a proven PL striker already and, barring a massive collapse, he's only going to get better.