Other clubs' transfers

TBG

remember when he refused to hold the Champions League trophy after Chelsea beat Bayern because he felt he hadn't contributed towards the win. Best of luck to him.

Bit different to Ross Turnbull visiting local schools to show off his winners medal.

Fair play to Lukaku by the way. Refreshing to see a player of his ilk give Chelsea the finger for first team football. Seems to be motivated by all the right things - remember when he refused to hold the Champions League trophy after Chelsea beat Bayern because he felt he hadn't contributed towards the win. Best of luck to him.

I think it is more a case of Mourinho just not liking him, tbh. Just from the game the two have been playing in the media I feel like the boss is annoyed with his attitude and/or his propensity to run his mouth. You feel he would have gotten plenty of games at Chelsea both last season and this season and probably the one before that as well.

That makes him sound like a right cunt tbh

Or just honest. I'd rather hear players say that than the bollocks the likes of life-long Everton fan Lallana have come out with.

Bertrand to Southampton on season long loan. That's Shaw's replacement sorted with £30 million profit, Ashley approves :thup:

with a buyout clause apparently, which begs the question why they don't just buy him now they can't even pretend to be poor

Bertrand isn't very good, that's probably why.

He's really not very good at all.

I appreciate he was playing for us, so could have been dragged down to our level, but I saw absolutely nothing to make me think I'd want us to spend the 8m or so he'd cost to get him permanently.

£28m on a striker is what a top six club in the Premier League should be spending. What the fuck else are they going to do with the ridiculous money Sky is throwing at them?

Well, they could be like us.

A chairman who, after three years of clearly not giving a shit, has come out and said "hey, I don't give a shit, I want to sell" which seems to mean he has a ready made excuse to not spend any money.

We're such a mess, the CEO has left, and is now being covered by the CFO (who apparently doesn't know what a football looks like), our squad last season was nowhere near good enough but we've signed three players, all free transfers, two absolutely shit and one mediocre at best, and we clearly have next to no money to spend.

On top of that, we've got a manager who, in 12 months, managed to go from the most supported (despite terrible results) Villa manager I've ever seen, to one with the support of pretty much nobody, still in charge, so bad was last season.

The sooner someone buys us, the better, because if we go through the whole season like this, we're screwed.

I don't even care if they're not particularly rich, I just want them to care.

Lerner is nuts. For four years, one of the best chairmen, was over here for games all the time, turned up at LC matches at third division clubs, even got himself a Villa tattoo, really impressive, then gets divorced, meets some new bird who apparently hates football and hates him being abroad a lot, so decides he doesn't give a shit any more.

We have a squad which has finished 15th twice and 16th in the last three seasons, and one which is absolutely nowhere near good enough, and we've added Joe Fucking Cole, Senderos and Kieran Richardson to it.

Meanwhile, two of our four best players last year (Vlaar and Delph) are entering the last year of their deals with no new contracts offered yet, as Lerner won't commit to anything like that.

Vlaar isn't even that fucking good, FFS, he was pretty iffy last season and is made of glass, but he's Paolo Fucking Maldini compared to the rest of our defence.

Meanwhile, two of our four best players last year (Vlaar and Delph) are entering the last year of their deals with no new contracts offered yet, as Lerner won't commit to anything like that.

Last year of their contracts, eh?

It's perhaps a little comforting that other clubs have joined us in 'Mission: Mediocrity'

Last year of their contracts, eh?

It's perhaps a little comforting that other clubs have joined us in 'Mission: Mediocrity'

We have absolutely zero ambition beyond staying up, zero.

At least you've paid some money for some actual decent players. I appreciate that you're not exactly oozing ambition to put it lightly, but you at least have that.

At least your owner is actively looking to sell. You could end up with a Madman Tan, or you could end up with some sheikh. More than likely it'll be someone at least half-decent.

We're stuck with our fat shit owner and his dogshit apparel company until the end of time.

At least your owner is actively looking to sell. You could end up with a Madman Tan, or you could end up with some sheikh. More than likely it'll be someone at least half-decent.

That's fine if it happens soon.

It's what happens in the meantime that worries me.

Yeah it's not gonna be pretty watching you lot this season. We can wallow together.

Yeah it's not gonna be pretty watching you lot this season. We can wallow together.

I can't wait for the season to end.

Funny how that post has somehow garnered negative responses.

Learning to read would help.

No, it's pretty clear. :lol:

You're being a one-upper just for the sake of it.

Nah I made it pretty clear that I believe the fee is fine, I was just explaining why some may feel it's overpriced.

It's not though and who am I to say otherwise, still get responses like he's only 21 like I'm having a go at him I wasn't.

It doesn't matter anyway, they paid the money to get a top striker in who should do the business for them so good luck to them.