Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Great signing for Everton as long as they still have cash left to bring in more players.  Because as it stands they're weaker than they were at the end of last season.

How so? They've retained/signed Lukaku, Barry, Besic while not letting anybody note-worthy leave.

Deulofeu was one of their best last season.  I'm not saying they've done poorly in the window so far, far from it, they've done extremely well to keep Lukaku.  Just saying that right now IMO they're weaker than Everton side that ended last season.

He hardly started at all earlier in the season but started 9 of their last 10 Premier League games, got 4 goals and 4 assists.  Everton had lots of important players last season and some more important than him.  But he did grow to be an important player by the end of the season so losing him does make them weaker IMO.

They'll have Kone returning next season, who has done well for Martinez previously.

I also expect that guy that used to play for Celtic to do more as he would have settled in far more now.

They'll be really good again. Not expecting any drop off.

Everton have been one of the clubs we always measured ourselves against a few seasons ago, but the signings they are making now are putting some distance between us. £28m on a proven striker who is only 21 is money well spent. But the best investment they made was in hiring a highly rated manager, and that's played no small part in persuading the like of Lukaku to leave Chelsea. I hope Everton wipe the floor with us next season.

Deulofeu didn't even start that often did he? Certainly didn't play as major a role as Lukaku and Barkley. Those were the key guys IMO. Mirallas too.

He was injured quite often, when he was fit he played.

He was clearly important, churlish to suggest they won't miss what he gave them. Wouldn't surprise me if they got him on loan again though.

Deulofeu didn't even start that often did he? Certainly didn't play as major a role as Lukaku and Barkley. Those were the key guys IMO. Mirallas too.

He was injured quite often, when he was fit he played.

He was clearly important, churlish to suggest they won't miss what he gave them. Wouldn't surprise me if they got him on loan again though.

If not him it will be someone else. Looks like Atsu may go there on loan. They will be just as good, and it will be painful to watch them dismantle us in the same manner they did last year.

Everton have been one of the clubs we always measured ourselves against a few seasons ago, but the signings they are making now are putting some distance between us. £28m on a proven striker who is only 21 is money well spent. But the best investment they made was in hiring a highly rated manager, and that's played no small part in persuading the like of Lukaku to leave Chelsea. I hope Everton wipe the floor with us next season.

In addition to having an owner who appears to show some ambitions, and backing his manager within his/their financial boundaries. Quite the opposite of what you have at Newcastle, where you have an owner who simply does not care much for that at all (re my signature).

Haven't the Everton fans spent the best part of 10 years criticising Kenwright for lack of ambition? They've still got a zero net spend for the past 3 years as well.

That's not to say Lukaku isn't a helluva coup, it's massive, but even Lukaku said himself he sees them for what Rooney, Rodwell & Fellaini went on to move to. :lol:

Haven't the Everton fans spent the best part of 10 years criticising Kenwright for lack of ambition? They've still got a zero net spend for the past 3 years as well.

That's not to say Lukaku isn't a helluva coup, it's massive, but even Lukaku said himself he sees them for what Rooney, Rodwell & Fellaini went on to move to. :lol:

I give him two years before he moves on. They'll recoup their money and then some and with a bit of luck he could help them to the top four. Excellent bit of business.

Haven't they finished above us every season bar one for the past 9 years? I think they are far superior to us in every way tbh.

Haven't they finished above us every season bar one for the past 9 years? I think they are far superior to us in every way tbh.

No, close though, every season bar two.

Indeed. Quite ironic that TRon has it in for Moyes because he took that club from relegation candidates to the 5th/6th most consistent team in the country.

The issue is that we were ahead of them comfortably during SBR's years, but it's the resulting clusterfuck of decisions that's put such a distance between them and us, Moyes and their owners just kept the ship steady, and made wise decisions. Our owners did neither of those things.

Really can see West Ham getting relegated.  Probably another case of Allardyce doing the damage and getting sacked before relegation allowing for the usual "See they sacked Big Sam and got relegated, never should have sacked him".

We're none-elite and I'd puke if we'd brought him in instead of Janmaat.  Suppose that's because we had such a good right back already though.  Yeah e's probably good enough for mid table and definitely for relegation strugglers like West Ham, certainly won't be close of their worst player.