Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Manuel Lanzini has gone from River Plate to Al-Jazira in UAE at 21, supposed to be a great talent.

Now that's a shit move, not Valbuena going to Dynamo Moscow at 29.

He's not that good in the grand scheme of Argentina dwarf attacking midfielders. Better than that like.

Not seen but is Balanta still there?

Must be hard to refuse the massive wage rise though. Bet some of these players get offered double or even triple their current wage to go to City, Chelsea et al. Turning them down, even though they must know it's not a great career move, would be difficult and I can understand why they'd do it.

One of the reasons I hope Barkley has a good season.

Must be hard to refuse the massive wage rise though. Bet some of these players get offered double or even triple their current wage to go to City, Chelsea et al. Turning them down, even though they must know it's not a great career move, would be difficult and I can understand why they'd do it.

:thup:

Plus even if you take a year or two out like this chump/Parker/whoever you generally end up at a similar club reputation relatively unharmed and another signing on fee in your pocket.

:thup:

Plus even if you take a year or two out like this chump/Parker/whoever you generally end up at a similar club reputation relatively unharmed and another signing on fee in your pocket.

Aye, massive wage rise + chance to win things and the perception that they've "made it" by signing for a top level club would be very tempting for a 22 year old or whatever. If it works out then they'll have a superb career, if it doesn't then it's a backward step and hope to catch the eye of another big club in a few years time.

Manuel Lanzini has gone from River Plate to Al-Jazira in UAE at 21, supposed to be a great talent.

Now that's a s*** move, not Valbuena going to Dynamo Moscow at 29.

He's not that good in the grand scheme of Argentina dwarf attacking midfielders. Better than that like.

Not seen but is Balanta still there?

How about Zuculini?

He's decent and looked good in a mediocre team but will likely flounder as moving from Argentina to PL as its a banana skin waiting to happen. If I were City I'd take a leaf out of Chelsea's book and park him in Europe as rank as that sentence is. How many players come from the non-Brazil leagues in South America and hit the ground running? Barely any.

Saying that, even though Poyet is a tosser, he does encourage a bit of passing football.

Some players must go to these clubs knowing it's unlikely that they will get a game for them but also it's likely that they will be loaned out where they are getting first team football and someone is still paying their massive wages. In that case it's pretty much a win win situation.