Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Official: Atleti and Real Madrid's two window transfer bans to be upheld. FIFA have rejected both appeals. Both banned from making transfers until 2018.

Which makes it more weird that Real Madrid have been barely active this summer. Atlético at least has done loads of business.

I guess they can string the CAS appeal until the Jan window, but not much value there.

Atleti should probably be able to cope missing 2 transfer windows, their squad is filled with quality youth. Oblak, Gimenez, Lucas, Saul, Koke, Carrasco, Griezmann, Vietto (if he returns) are only going to get better over the next 12-18 months.

Real is a strange one though, not sure on the idea of them relying on Casemiro over the next season and a half.

Anyone saying he isn't that good clearly hasn't seen him for Juventus, he's one of the best midifielders in the world. Don't judge him on his performances for France as he wasn't given any freedom and basically was protecting the back 4, it would be like playing Yaya Toure as a DM and saying he isn't that good.

As long as Mourinho isn't that stupid and plays him as a B2B midfielder with freedom he'll rip the league apart.

I've only seen him for Juve. He's half the player Dybala is.

Not sure about the comparison there. For me Pogba is the best CM in the world and has absolutely everything. Not many of those kind of players around with the potential he has.

I can go along with that. His size and technique combined give him fantastic potential. He's got great confidence and reads the game well. There's just something about his attitude that doesn't sit right. Doesn't perform at the level he's capable of anywhere near often enough.

Right now, I'd much rather have Dybala. Maybe Pogba can be developed into a fantastic player, but he's not there yet for me. I made the comparison with Balotelli and I can absolutely see his career going the same way.

Too soon to call time on this one, but he hasn't had the best of starts.

Hopefully he picks it up a little. The Premier League is far more interesting if Pogba is quality.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...