Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Arsenal is a fantastic choice for him, he's guaranteed to play and considering France's phenomenal depth, that might come in useful considering this is the WC season.

If the Gunners sign a few more quality players, then they're well within a shout for the title this season considering he lack of CL footy...although I guess that would depend on how they handle the EL

Arsenal is a fantastic choice for him, he's guaranteed to play and considering France's phenomenal depth, that might come in useful considering this is the WC season.

If the Gunners sign a few more quality players, then they're well within a shout for the title this season considering he lack of CL footy...although I guess that would depend on how they handle the EL

We say this every season though :lol:

They're always a few signings away and they never make those signings, we'll see but I obviously doubt they will do enough.

It's just a glorified loan where the receiving club has skin in the game.

If you believe that loans are abused, that's a perfectly fine position to have, but buyback clauses aren't a different kind of evil than those.

Loans shouldn't be allowed IMO. There should be a maximum playing staff figure for each club that encompasses all age levels.

How are young players supposed to improve without playing competitive games?

They'd be forced to be playing for other teams spread across all the divisions rather than the Top 4 incubator we have now.

If you believe that loans are abused, that's a perfectly fine position to have, but buyback clauses aren't a different kind of evil than those.

Loans shouldn't be allowed IMO. There should be a maximum playing staff figure for each club that encompasses all age levels.

They'd be forced to be playing for other teams spread across all the divisions rather than the Top 4 incubator we have now.

But what about if they come through the academy at a big club and that club doesn't want to let them go? Their career could be ruined by not playing. I think having an age restriction on loans would be better than just banning them altogether

But what about if they come through the academy at a big club and that club doesn't want to let them go? Their career could be ruined by not playing. I think having an age restriction on loans would be better than just banning them altogether

Play them or sell them. If you want to keep say 4 promising youngsters you can. You just can't buy 4 expensive imports. You have to manage the squad properly. Not buy 60+ players and have them all out on loan.

Read something the other day that said Neves didn't get on with Nuno when he was Porto boss and now he's going to be his manager at Wolves too :lol:

Poor lad is having his career dictated by his agent.

Read something the other day that said Neves didn't get on with Nuno when he was Porto boss and now he's going to be his manager at Wolves too :lol:

Foolish lad is having his career dictated by his agent.

Wolves agree club-record £18million fee with Porto for former Liverpool and Chelsea target Ruben Neves

Excluding that it's Wolves in general that seems quite low for the way Porto normally sell.

What's happened to them recently? Seems Benfica and Sporting seem to be producing more talent than them these days.

:lol: Poor lad? He could quite easy get rid of his agent, but no, he's more than happy to lap up the wages, signing on fee, bonuses etc. that he'll get.

A complete waste of a footballer, chasing money rather than success.

:lol: Poor lad? He could quite easy get rid of his agent, but no, he's more than happy to lap up the wages, signing on fee, bonuses etc. that he'll get.

A complete waste of a footballer, chasing money rather than success.

I'm not sure how much say he has in this deal like.

I imagine once you sign a contract with Mendes (which is of course a stupid thing to do) it's not just as easy as getting rid of him once he forces you onto one of his clubs.

It feels like Everton have made some good signings and doing the right thing by buying before selling.... but have they replaced Lukakus goals with who they have brought in? If after all these signings he stayed I would put a cheeky fiver on them winning the league but assuming he goes will they improve on last years finish?