Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Don't get the hype for Barkley. A few years ago he had a good 18 months or so, sure a lot of his goals came from free kicks as well. Now he played like another forgettable midfielder, except he still has his reputation from his good spell, add on top that he's English and that gets the press creaming over him.

Don't get the hype for Barkley. A few years ago he had a good 18 months or so, sure a lot of his goals came from free kicks as well. Now he played like another forgettable midfielder, except he still has his reputation from his good spell, add on top that he's English and that gets the press creaming over him.

Regardless of perceptions, he had the most assists (8) of any English player in the Premier League.

That said, Dele Alli got one assist less, and scored 18 goals whereas Barkley only got 5.

Everton fans I know pretty much all want shot of him, frustratingly so inconsistent. I'd have him here in a heartbeat though. Just imagine the strop on if both Shelvey and Barkley are playing and can't be arsed :lol:

You're wrong. I don't need to elaborate, but you're wrong.

They've always made decent money from their academy, selling 4-5 players a season for a few million each. Now that transfer fees have gone crazy there's even more reason for them to keep doing it. Ake just went for £20m and was never realistically going to get anywhere near their first team, £9M for Bertrand Traore, £7m? for Atsu and another fee for Cahlobah.  It's a great business model, I wish we could do something similar.

They've always made decent money from their academy, selling 4-5 players a season for a few million each. Now that transfer fees have gone crazy there's even more reason for them to keep doing it. Ake just went for £20m and was never realistically going to get anywhere near their first team, £9M for Bertrand Traore, £7m? for Atsu and another fee for Cahlobah.  It's a great business model, I wish we could do something similar.

Even Djilibodji went for about 8m despite barely even playing for them. Buy them low, rent them out every year, keep the good ones and still sell the ones that flounder at a profit. They're just taking advantage of the loopholes that  exist, I don't blame them but if the authorities aren't interested in stopping it then why wouldn't you?

Even Djilibodji went for about 8m despite barely even playing for them. Buy them low, rent them out every year, keep the good ones and still sell the ones that flounder at a profit. They're just taking advantage of the loopholes that  exist, I don't blame them but if the authorities aren't interested in stopping it then why wouldn't you?

How could they stop it though. Their argument will be that they're developing players, loaning them out to get experience but if they're not deemed good enough they get sold. To be fair, if they are good enough Chelsea will probably put them in the first team squad.  I don't think there's anything underhand in what they're doing at all

Is he ever realistically going to be a regular starter for Chelsea? Really makes you wonder why they are bothering to tie him down.

They've done the same with van Ginkel who's also 24

I'd also assume that if UEFA/FAs attempted to regulate how many players clubs can have on their rolls, it would be a massive legal minefield.

They could ban intra-division loans and limit the number of players you're allowed to have out on loan at any one time.

Is he ever realistically going to be a regular starter for Chelsea? Really makes you wonder why they are bothering to tie him down.

They've done the same with van Ginkel who's also 24

presumably a good idea for them to keep him on the books in the hope some daft cunts come along and pay +£10m for him, which seems fairly likely these days

Guest chopey

Some people make a good living from being a sub contractor I just never thought it would be a footballer, eventually you will see well known players getting 10 year testimonials at parent clubs that they have about 8 first team appearences for, I get the impression that some footballers don't like the game that much and just do it for a job to earn money.

I still dont like the idea of loaning players out to teams in the same division because it gives an unfair advantage.

You're wrong. I don't need to elaborate, but you're wrong.

He is.

He wasn't good for anywhere near 18 months.

Some people make a good living from being a sub contractor I just never thought it would be a footballer, eventually you will see well known players getting 10 year testimonials at parent clubs that they have about 8 first team appearences for, I get the impression that some footballers don't like the game that much and just do it for a job to earn money.

I still dont like the idea of loaning players out to teams in the same division because it gives an unfair advantage.

That's exactly what happened with Assou-Ekotto, he said as much in an interview. He wasn't passionate about football, just happened to be good at it and was only doing it for the money. I doubt he's the only one but he's then only one I can think of who came out and said it.

That's exactly what happened with Assou-Ekotto, he said as much in an interview. He wasn't passionate about football, just happened to be good at it and was only doing it for the money. I doubt he's the only one but he's then only one I can think of who came out and said it.

Yet, if you look at his twitter, he's a clearly a big football fan. Often tweeting about games he's not involved in.