Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Tbh, the 'main man' argument doesn't really make me view it in any better a light tbh, why would it? It's a team sport and he's playing as part of the best front three in the world, if he goes to PSG he's still not going to be the best player in the world. Find that as an argument completely flawed tbh.

It absolutely is, but in other sports players are encouraged to go to other teams and not building a super team. I find it hard that we as Newcastle supporters want to see all the best players in one single team. As for him not being the best just because he moves there, it's very true, but I see him having a greater chance of becoming one there which at the end is probably the dream of most players apart from winning everything.

I mean that is my opinion anyways, regardless of player in this situation.

Yeah, the whole "it's better for Brazil" argument falls a bit flat given he'll spend one year running at Ligue 1 fullbacks. Whatever.

Exactly this

Compared to what? Running against La Liga defenders? Give me a break. Only league he could've gone to where that argument doesn't fall flat is the PL and even then there are some absolutely horrible players in the PL as well. But then again in the end it's all about the CL.

If it wasn't about the money but about leading the line at a team, he'd have gone somewhere else than PSG. There's no counterargument for that.

There is a very simple one. They're the only ones willing to pay his release clause :lol: try again Kaiz.

Nah, he could just stay at Barcelona and prove himself better than Messi and Suarez. He's probably realized he's not though, so he wants the money instead.

Shut up Kaiz :lol:

I dont have a massive interest in Barca or Neymar tbh, but not sure how Newcastle fans can fail to agree with the idea of a player wanting leadership when we had Shearer wanting Ferdinand to vacate the number 9 shirt. Equally recently it being mentioned he wasn't happy about Sutton joining him at Blackburn.

The dynamic of a new side would be different for Neymar, he joined Barcelona as a young lad and will have looked up to others. The psychology of that will have an affect, whether to pass in a key moment, whether he looks out for someone with a bigger status to do something or tries to do it himself. Maybe he doesn't know yet what he's capable of. Maybe if he's better for Brazil as Flip suggests, its because he has to be. Could be he wants to play for a club where he has to be too, where he is the guy people look to & demand the answer from.

Bale is a good example for me. He was a far better player at Spurs when it was OK for him to have a crack & do it himself, because he was their best chance & he mostly came through. When he's got an 80m forward infront of him expecting the ball, the expectation to find that guy will limit his ability to have a go himself. His status is being lowered, so his options are also.

But yeah money will come into it also you'd imagine.

Guest firetotheworks

Tbh, the 'main man' argument doesn't really make me view it in any better a light tbh, why would it? It's a team sport and he's playing as part of the best front three in the world, if he goes to PSG he's still not going to be the best player in the world. Find that as an argument completely flawed tbh.

It absolutely is, but in other sports players are encouraged to go to other teams and not building a super team. I find it hard that we as Newcastle supporters want to see all the best players in one single team. As for him not being the best just because he moves there, it's very true, but I see him having a greater chance of becoming one there which at the end is probably the dream of most players apart from winning everything.

I mean that is my opinion anyways, regardless of player in this situation.

It really makes no difference to me considering Barca aren't English, nor are Newcastle in the same universe. The bottom line is that I just want to see the best football possible. Money aside I'm still a bit dubious of any player who'd want to be the main man over playing better football and competing for better trophies unless there's some sort of emotional connection with the club.

Neymar has won everything he can at Barca and it will always be Messi's team. Trying to lead PSG to a CL trophy is a fresh challenge and he also gets to live in another amazing place. Then there's also Flip's Brazil angle to it on a WC year which has to be his main target on his career. Money is always a factor but I think it's naive to think it's the sole reason for the possible transfer.

Aimed at KI: Doesn't make sens to me, unless you think PSG have a bad team. He's won it all already for Barca and if he signs for PSG I'd Say PSG might actually be stronger at the moment then Barcelona. My opinion of course.

Happy for Neymar if he goes, to be honest. Make the most of his career financially. Rather that than the owners making a profit. His deal will also set the benchmark for other players, pushing up wages for everyone else in the industry. This includes manager, coaches, scouts etc.

Happy for Neymar if he goes, to be honest. Make the most of his career financially. Rather that than the owners making a profit. His deal will also set the benchmark for other players, pushing up wages for everyone else in the industry. This includes manager, coaches, scouts etc.

That's f***ing awful already :lol:

It might be good only in the way that it might get football to implode and crumble on itself.

Don't get the hype for Barkley. A few years ago he had a good 18 months or so, sure a lot of his goals came from free kicks as well. Now he played like another forgettable midfielder, except he still has his reputation from his good spell, add on top that he's English and that gets the press creaming over him.

Regardless of perceptions, he had the most assists (8) of any English player in the Premier League.

That said, Dele Alli got one assist less, and scored 18 goals whereas Barkley only got 5.

Everton fans I know pretty much all want shot of him, frustratingly so inconsistent. I'd have him here in a heartbeat though. Just imagine the strop on if both Shelvey and Barkley are playing and can't be arsed :lol:

Barkley has lost his way a bit at Everton, but I don't doubt his talent and if surrounded by even better players, he would fulfil more of his potential. Spurs look very confident of getting him at a slightly reduced price, and he'd be tailor made for them. He could be key to them taking that final step.