Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Yeah, that's just the excuse cooked up to make him look less money-driven. Again, I don't fault anyone for chasing the money in their professional lives. I'd do the same if somebody offered to double my wages. But don't sugar-coat it, please.

The whole affair, at the end of the day, is about money. If PSG follows through with the stupid amounts of money they reportedly want to throw at him, his father + the fee, nothing can keep him at Barça (we just won't match what PSG is offering him). Which is totally fine, I'm on record here saying that I don't fault footballers for attempting to make the most of very short professional careers, and I'm not going to change my tune because it happens to us.

Again, very naive to suggests it's only about the money. I hope he leaves, just like 75% of the Brazilians who voted on a online poll. Why? Because it's the World Cup next year and he needs to lead a team week in week out as preparation for it and stop playing second/third fiddle as he's the star of the national team.

Of course it's about the money :lol: Don't buy this being the main man for a second. Even if it was true, what a fucking fanny he'd be for thinking like that.

Me neither, it's a load of bollocks. Poor Neymar.

I think people are very naive to think money isn't the only factor, it's a factor but it's not only factor and it never is.

Also why is it strange for a player to want to be the main guy?  Football and in sport in general is littered with examples of this.

It's not anything new.

I think people are very naive to think money isn't the only factor, it's a factor but it's not only factor and it never is.

Also why is it strange for a player to want to be the main guy?  Football and in sport in general is littered with examples of this.

It's not anything new.

You're probably right. He fits the narcissistic prick profile who always needs to be number 1.

The whole affair, at the end of the day, is about money. If PSG follows through with the stupid amounts of money they reportedly want to throw at him, his father + the fee, nothing can keep him at Barça (we just won't match what PSG is offering him). Which is totally fine, I'm on record here saying that I don't fault footballers for attempting to make the most of very short professional careers, and I'm not going to change my tune because it happens to us.

Again, very naive to suggests it's only about the money. I hope he leaves, just like 75% of the Brazilians who voted on a online poll. Why? Because it's the World Cup next year and he needs to lead a team week in week out as preparation for it and stop playing second/third fiddle as he's the star of the national team.

Of course it's about the money :lol: Don't buy this being the main man for a second. Even if it was true, what a f***ing fanny he'd be for thinking like that.

Ridiculous comment. Because if he stays at Barcelona and win tons at the end of his career it's all going to be because of him having played with Messi. I don't get it. Players never win, if they win everything with one team it's not good enough as they only made part of a system and didn't have the balls to move. If they move it's because of money. Let's be honest, the biggest argument against Messi when comparing to Ronaldo is the fact that he has only had success for Barcelona and not his national team and therefore has only been successful because of a system. I'm not saying that at all or even suggesting you said it, but there is clearly always going to be points made for both sides. Obviously money plays a huge role when players make decisions, but to say it's only about the money in this situation isnridiculous considerinng he's 25 and already the third richest player in the world and at this rate wilö end his career as the richest.

It's not anything new.

You're probably right. He fits the narcissistic prick profile who always needs to be number 1.

3-4 years not being the one and never having problem not being the one proves the contrary. He's at his peak and at some point he needs to make a move if he really has the ambition to be the best in the world otherwise Messi is going to be ahead of him until he is pst his peak as Messi isn't human and will probably play on for another 5 years at the highest level.

It's not anything new.

3-4 years not being the one and never having problem not being the one proves the contrary. He's at his peak and at some point he needs to make a move if he really has the ambition to be the best in the world otherwise Messi is going to be ahead of him until he is pst his peak as Messi isn't human and will probably play on for another 5 years at the highest level.

No matter what he does and where he plays, he'll never surpass Messi (or Ronaldo) in the best player stakes. Yes there might come a time when both Messi and Ronaldo are on the wane or retired, and he might be the top player in the world for a year or two, but that's about it. I could totally understand him moving for a new challenge, but even if he stays and plays second fiddle, it's not as if he won't be getting picked for Brazil man. Even if he's on the bench at Barca, he'll still be leading Brazil out at the world cup there's no doubt about that.

It's very difficult to gauge a player's ambition when they've already won what he's won, and have had the success he's had. Only Neymar himself knows what he really wants, and we can only speculate based on what we see from the outside.

It's not anything new.

No matter what he does and where he plays, he'll never surpass Messi (or Ronaldo) in the best player stakes. Yes there might come a time when both Messi and Ronaldo are on the wane or retired, and he might be the top player in the world for a year or two, but that's about it. I could totally understand him moving for a new challenge, but even if he stays and plays second fiddle, it's not as if he won't be getting picked for Brazil man. Even if he's on the bench at Barca, he'll still be leading Brazil out at the world cup there's no doubt about that.

It's very difficult to gauge a player's ambition when they've already won what he's won, and have had the success he's had. Only Neymar himself knows what he really wants, and we can only speculate based on what we see from the outside.

Oh absolutely, agree, what I'm saying is that in Brazil the general opinion is that the best way for him to prepare for the WC and his role at it is by being the main guy week in week out. He's still a bit inconsistent with Barcelona and for me his best football has come when Messi has been out injured. He's at his best when he can attack the fullback for 90minutes something he doesn't really do at Barcelona. He's a completely different player for the national team and he's much more entertaining for the national team.

Guest neesy111

He's already won everything so I guess he can do what he wants now. I just think PSG is a crap destination.

I just remember what David Luiz said that he learnt nothing by being in the French league.

Yeah, the whole "it's better for Brazil" argument falls a bit flat given he'll spend one year running at Ligue 1 fullbacks. Whatever.

Exactly this

Compared to what? Running against La Liga defenders? Give me a break. Only league he could've gone to where that argument doesn't fall flat is the PL and even then there are some absolutely horrible players in the PL as well. But then again in the end it's all about the CL.

Don't be daft mate. :iamatwat:

Yeah, the whole "it's better for Brazil" argument falls a bit flat given he'll spend one year running at Ligue 1 fullbacks. Whatever.

Exactly this

Compared to what? Running against La Liga defenders? Give me a break. Only league he could've gone to where that argument doesn't fall flat is the PL and even then there are some absolutely horrible players in the PL as well. But then again in the end it's all about the CL.

If it wasn't about the money but about leading the line at a team, he'd have gone somewhere else than PSG. There's no counterargument for that.

Exactly this

Neymar v Paul Dummett

Exactly this

If it wasn't about the money but about leading the line at a team, he'd have gone somewhere else than PSG. There's no counterargument for that.

There is a very simple one. They're the only ones willing to pay his release clause :lol: try again Kaiz.

Exactly this

Trying to say that Ligue 1 is on par with La Liga? ???

Guest firetotheworks

Tbh, the 'main man' argument doesn't really make me view it in any better a light tbh, why would it? It's a team sport and he's playing as part of the best front three in the world, if he goes to PSG he's still not going to be the best player in the world. Find that as an argument completely flawed tbh.

Exactly this

There is a very simple one. They're the only ones willing to pay his release clause :lol: try again Kaiz.

Nah, he could just stay at Barcelona and prove himself better than Messi and Suarez. He's probably realized he's not though, so he wants the money instead.

Tbh, the 'main man' argument doesn't really make me view it in any better a light tbh, why would it? It's a team sport and he's playing as part of the best front three in the world, if he goes to PSG he's still not going to be the best player in the world. Find that as an argument completely flawed tbh.

:thup: It's absolute bullshit.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not sold on the its all down to the money thing like. Its probably the deciding factor of course, otherwise he'd remain at Barca. But he will want to go somewhere where he can win things and play with top players and PSG can offer him that along with a shit load of money so its win win win almost. And Paris? Its probably my favourite City.