Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Where the hell does FFP fit into this one, eh?

Football has finally died. :(

Qatar Sports Investment, which owns PSG, pays Neymar €300m to be ambassador for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. This allows him to buy himself out of his contract with Barca and sign for PSG, who then bypass the FFP-rules as they have absolutely nothing to do with the €300m  :whistle:.

Posting reddit rumours as facts?

Qatar Sports Investment, which owns PSG, pays Neymar €300m to be ambassador for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. This allows him to buy himself out of his contract with Barca and sign for PSG, who then bypass the FFP-rules as they have absolutely nothing to do with the €300m  :whistle:.

That's such a simple workaround if true, almost like FIFA aren't bothered about FFP...

I know salary caps have been discussed before as potentially being against an individual's human rights etc but is there a reason a transfer cap couldn't be introduced? This Neymar thing is absolutely outrageous. Then again, is it any more outrageous than Shearer for £15m was?

If that occurred the governing bodies could investigate it, easily see its a attempt to bypass the rules and act accordingly.  But if they just let people use work arounds like that then of course FFP won't work.

Posting reddit rumours as facts?

Nah, just what's been printed in some medias. Don't think anyone knows what's facts in this 'transfer'. Is it originally a Reddit rumour?  :lol:

Liverpool have already replaced Coutinho with Salah anyway in sorts. Hoy Lallana at the top of the midfield diamond and they're no worse than last season IMO. Would allow them to pony up for Keita and van Dijk too.

Coutinho has become invaluable for them imo as so much goes through him. Salah couldn't fill his role. He is much more of a winger - at least it would take time to play him into that role. Lallana isn't even close to be able to replace Coutinho. I think they will get Van Dijk anyway and Keita will move next summer.

I know salary caps have been discussed before as potentially being against an individual's human rights etc but is there a reason a transfer cap couldn't be introduced? This Neymar thing is absolutely outrageous. Then again, is it any more outrageous than Shearer for £15m was?

As someone who watches American sports, i'm against Salary caps mainly because the money would go to the owners instead of the players. However if possible i wouldn't be against some sort of cap on transfer fees.

The big clubs would never agree to it though.

Might just be a case of limiting the amount that any individual or company can give to a club.

I think if there's money in the game then the players should get it, the problem is the money isn't in the game but coming from the Middle East or Russia.

Shearer was a small percentage more than Lentini, this is approaching double the record in a market where fees are ridiculous already. :

As someone who watches American sports, i'm against Salary caps mainly because the money would go to the owners instead of the players. However if possible i wouldn't be against some sort of cap on transfer fees.

IMO level playing field is much more important to a fan than whether it's the owners or players getting the money. That said it will never happen in football outside the US. Sad.

Shearer was a small percentage more than Lentini, this is approaching double the record in a market where fees are ridiculous already. :

Need to work it out as a % of turnover.

Was listening to something a while back saying how Kyle Walker moving to City is nowt compared to when Leeds and then Man Utd bought Rio because it was a way higher % of their overall turnover.

IMO level playing field is much more important to a fan than whether it's the owners or players getting the money. That said it will never happen in football outside the US. Sad.

Nothing sad about it. Players in sports with a wage cap are being exploited.

I would limit the number of players a club can have on its books over a certain age. Players registered, club is allowed to have a small quota outside of that. Any other player should be allowed to transfer clubs - with the buying club only having to fork up 80% of remaining contract as a transfer fee.

And limit buy-back clauses to 12 months. Making it simply a glorified loan with potential mutual benefits.

I would limit the number of players a club can have on its books over a certain age. Players registered, club is allowed to have a small quota outside of that. Any other player should be allowed to transfer clubs - with the buying club only having to fork up 80% of remaining contract as a transfer fee.

And limit buy-back clauses to 12 months. Making it simply a glorified loan with potential mutual benefits.

It depends on the wage cap.  Mediocre NBA players make big money and very few in the NBA are suffering.

It depends on the wage cap.  Mediocre NBA players make big money and very few in the NBA are suffering.

But the best players would probably earn more right? As far as I understand that wage cap is influenced by a teams revenue, or not?

But the best players would probably earn more right? As far as I understand that wage cap is influenced by a teams revenue, or not?

The league's revenue, which is why the NBA salary cap went through the roof after the latest national TV contracts. A team can go over the cap though, they just have to pay a luxury tax. This is where big market teams (NY (:lol:), LA, Miami, etc. have an advantage because they have higher local revenues, although this is becoming less of a factor the same way gate receipts have become largely inconsequential to Premier League clubs.

The number one priority should be banning intra-league loans and also putting a cap on the number of players a club can have on loan. This would help prevent both the Chelsea scenario and feeder clubs in other countries.

The number one priority should be banning intra-league loans and also putting a cap on the number of players a club can have on loan. This would help prevent both the Chelsea scenario and feeder clubs in other countries.

:thup:

Stop the big clubs from hoarding players and there'll be more decent players to spread around which should bring prices down a bit (for the non-superstar players anyway).

Intra-division loans are just a nonsense and need to be stopped immediately.