Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Anyone saying he isn't that good clearly hasn't seen him for Juventus, he's one of the best midifielders in the world. Don't judge him on his performances for France as he wasn't given any freedom and basically was protecting the back 4, it would be like playing Yaya Toure as a DM and saying he isn't that good.

As long as Mourinho isn't that stupid and plays him as a B2B midfielder with freedom he'll rip the league apart.

I've only seen him for Juve. He's half the player Dybala is.

Not sure about the comparison there. For me Pogba is the best CM in the world and has absolutely everything. Not many of those kind of players around with the potential he has.

I can go along with that. His size and technique combined give him fantastic potential. He's got great confidence and reads the game well. There's just something about his attitude that doesn't sit right. Doesn't perform at the level he's capable of anywhere near often enough.

Right now, I'd much rather have Dybala. Maybe Pogba can be developed into a fantastic player, but he's not there yet for me. I made the comparison with Balotelli and I can absolutely see his career going the same way.

i'm not going to say i've watched lots of pogba but when i've seen him he's never dominated or controlled a game as you'll expect from someone who might soon be the most expensive player on the planet

Anyone saying he isn't that good clearly hasn't seen him for Juventus, he's one of the best midifielders in the world. Don't judge him on his performances for France as he wasn't given any freedom and basically was protecting the back 4, it would be like playing Yaya Toure as a DM and saying he isn't that good.

As long as Mourinho isn't that stupid and plays him as a B2B midfielder with freedom he'll rip the league apart.

Not sure about the comparison there. For me Pogba is the best CM in the world and has absolutely everything. Not many of those kind of players around with the potential he has.

I can go along with that. His size and technique combined give him fantastic potential. He's got great confidence and reads the game well. There's just something about his attitude that doesn't sit right. Doesn't perform at the level he's capable of anywhere near often enough.

Right now, I'd much rather have Dybala. Maybe Pogba can be developed into a fantastic player, but he's not there yet for me. I made the comparison with Balotelli and I can absolutely see his career going the same way.

i'm not going to say i've watched lots of pogba but when i've seen him he's never dominated or controlled a game as you'll expect from someone who might soon be the most expensive player on the planet

I make no claims of being an expert on Pogba, either. I fully accept that the handful of Juve games I saw last season could have been uncharacteristic. But I can only form an opinion based on what I've seen.

If you said that before last season i'd agree with you, wasn't the case this season though. I was critical of him myself, but his decision making, passing and practically everything came on leaps and bounds.

Not sure the comparison with Dybala though, i agree he's class but he's a second striker so it's a bit of a weird comparison. The reason he's hyped so much apart from his performances in the CL and Serie A is because his skillset is absolutely unique, there is absolutely nothing like him in the world right now.

Also Balotelli comparison makes no sense to me, even when i was critical of him before this season his consistency and performances was miles above anything that fraud ever produced. The only comparisons those two have is they both have shit haircuts. :lol:

If you said that before last season i'd agree with you, wasn't the case this season though. I was critical of him myself, but his decision making, passing and practically everything came on leaps and bounds.

Not sure the comparison with Dybala though, i agree he's class but he's a second striker so it's a bit of a weird comparison. The reason he's hyped so much apart from his performances in the CL and Serie A is because his skillset is absolutely unique, there is absolutely nothing like him in the world right now.

Also Balotelli comparison makes no sense to me, even when i was critical of him before this season his consistency and performances was miles above anything that fraud ever produced. The only comparisons those two have is they both have shit haircuts. :lol:

:lol:

Fair enough.

On pogbas part as well I don't see why he would be keen to go back there after they thought he wasn't good enough not that long ago. I would tell them where to go.

Yeah people will say money but he could get a huge wage elsewhere too

Pressure from his agent as well

Agent is getting £18.4m for the deal.

Disagree RE Balotelli but your second to last point is probably most relevant even if I disagree. He is a fantastic player but he, at 23, still go on to be the best. Don't think he will like but as Yaya has shown you don't need to be to be the best in position in the PL.

Telegraph reporting Arsenal have agreed £67m fee for Higuain.

Shaping up to be some battle for the CL spots.

I'm obviously happy we're building.up from the bottom with cheaper, younger players for the most part - but there's a little bit of me that's just a teensy bit jealous about these ludicrous amounts of money being spunked about.

To be fair to Fergie, of the hundreds and hundreds of players that he released during his time as Man Utd manager it was inevitable that at least one would turn out to be a piss poor decision.

Fergie didn't want Pogba to go. We offered him a new contract but by that stage he had already signed a deal with Juventus, without letting his club know. Had he waited another season he would have been a starter for us, but he took a gamble and it paid off. Fair play to him.

A lot of the bitterness towards Man United is clouding peoples judgement on here though. :lol: Pogba is probably the best centre midfielder in the world now and anyone watching him for Juventus will know that. He's also 23. It's a shit load of money but it fills a glaring hole in our team and gives us a fantastic midfield for ten years plus. With the way money is going if he left in a couple of years he's still going to be in his prime and we'd recoup most of the money anyway.

Guest neesy111

To be fair to Fergie, of the hundreds and hundreds of players that he released during his time as Man Utd manager it was inevitable that at least one would turn out to be a piss poor decision.

Fergie didn't want Pogba to go. We offered him a new contract but by that stage he had already signed a deal with Juventus, without letting his club know. Had he waited another season he would have been a starter for us, but he took a gamble and it paid off. Fair play to him.

A lot of the bitterness towards Man United is clouding peoples judgement on here though. :lol: Pogba is probably the best centre midfielder in the world now and anyone watching him for Juventus will know that. He's also 23. It's a shit load of money but it fills a glaring hole in our team and gives us a fantastic midfield for ten years plus. With the way money is going if he left in a couple of years he's still going to be in his prime and we'd recoup most of the money anyway.

He's not the world's best CM, I've seen many a big game when he doesn't turn up. 

He's a hell of a player, and nowhere near his peak. If Manchester United can afford his fee, which they obviously can, then good luck to them.

Not sure what role Mourinho will play him in when they go to the Etihad, Stamford Bridge, Anfield etc. to park the bus, but he will absolutely improve them. Can see them challenging for fourth this year.

Who is then?

He's not the world's best CM, I've seen many a big game when he doesn't turn up. 

Many aye Neesy? :lol: Wise up. He was class in the Champions League when they got to the final and he's been class in the league for them. Wasn't fantastic in the Euros but was by no means poor. Remember, he's 23. It's a quality buy.

Guest neesy111

Who is then?

Many aye Neesy? :lol: Wise up. He was class in the Champions League when they got to the final and he's been class in the league for them. Wasn't fantastic in the Euros but was by no means poor. Remember, he's 23. It's a quality buy.

I'm not saying he's crap, but he's overrated by a few including yourself.

My rating of him is that he's probably the best centre midfielder in the world. By saying probably, I'm saying it could be Kroos, Iniesta, Rakitic or Modric, but it's probably Pogba. Almost every football fan would have him in the top five centre midfielders in the world I'd imagine. Who else do you think is better at this stage? Vidal? Alonso?

My rating of him is that he's probably the best centre midfielder in the world. By saying probably, I'm saying it could be Kroos, Iniesta, Rakitic or Modric, but it's probably Pogba. Almost every football fan would have him in the top five centre midfielders in the world I'd imagine. Who else do you think is better at this stage? Vidal? Alonso?

Catts for me like.

Guest firetotheworks

I think he's absolutely mint, but I feel like he'll flop, even if just for the first season. I can see Mourinho stifling his forward creativity and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he played him where Deschamps does. Add to that, the competition for team focal point with Ibrahimovic and it has that Jon Obi Mikel feel about it for me.

He's not better than anyone of those midfielders... yet anyways.

I find it nearly insulting comparing him to iniesta.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk