Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I have absolute no idea how good Miranda is, he may be a fantastic defender.

However I always wonder about signings like this.

It's clear to see Simeone has got them playing extremely well as a unit, now does that make Miranda worth 24m?

I'm sure LVG isn't an idiot and knows the player well, but it would be easy to get lost in the fact Athletico Madrid defend well as a team.

Turns 30 this year, bit of a short term signing. I thought they would be looking more at the 25-27 year old age bracket.

Could be 24m, could be twice as much. It really doesn't matter to a club with an open pocketbook. I don't know why we get so hung up on value for money when it comes to these clubs. He's a good player, he'll make their defense better.

Miranda to Man Utd.  £24m.

Fucking hell, on her BBC show no fucker was interested in her, now Man Utd are paying £24m for her. How times have changed.

http://i.picasion.com/pic77/5d2d4de1a4da1ae983364c8e2821467a.gif

Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganmen  1h

For anyone taking it seriously, Miranda to #mufc is nonsense.

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph  1h

Nothing happening with #mufc and Miranda. Roll on Brazil...

Miranda was playing well before Simeone, he is a very good defender. Paying so much money for a 29 year old is a tad excessive though.

Why so hung up on value for money bro? Money is no object because they're Man U! They should pay £50 million!

Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganmen  1h

For anyone taking it seriously, Miranda to #mufc is nonsense.

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph  1h

Nothing happening with #mufc and Miranda. Roll on Brazil...

Wouldn't be surprised if someone does overpay due to Atleti's success though.

Despite the fact their success is team oriented and apart from Felipe Luis none of their defenders are really that good individually.

Guest Roger Kint

£24m for the 5th (debatable) best Brazilian CB. What has the world come to.

What ever happened to Dede? He was supposed to be the next big thing a few years ago

What ever happened to Dede? He was supposed to be the next big thing a few years ago

For me he should still probably be it as well, injuries have stagnated his development a bit. Is now at Cruzeiro though that won the league and is a very very good defender. We all thought it was between him and Miranda for the 4th CB spot so was surprised to see Henrique there.

I think he's really good. Decided to stay in Brazil a bit longer. Will probably make a big move in a year or so. For some obscure reason Scolari is taking Henrique to Brazil instead which won't help players like Dede who avoid big moves until they feel they are ready.

Guest Roger Kint

For me he should still probably be it as well, injuries have stagnated his development a bit. Is now at Cruzeiro though that won the league and is a very very good defender. We all thought it was between him and Miranda for the 4th CB spot so was surprised to see Henrique there.

:thup: Remember one paper linked us with him a few years ago, you think injuries were a problem? :lol:

No doubt he will turn up in Ukraine in the next year or so