Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Fabregas is amazing. If Chelsea get him they'll win the league, if Arsenal get him they'll.....still come 4th.

But still, top player. He'd improve Man Utd dramatically.

Get Costa in and they should win it anyway. Should've won it last season.

Cost won't be scoring more than 15 league goals next season.

Feel free to quote me on that.

which would be enough to get Chelsea the title.

It won't, like. They'll be losing 12 goals from Eto'o , not to forget. Eto'o scored some important goals in big games for Chelsea this season.

It's a myth that all of Chelsea's problems is because of lack of a profiling striker. Chance creation is a bigger issue, but that's the sacrifice you take to have such defensive solidity as Mourinho's team has. Also, this year they had an exceptional record against teams around them that got them to 3rd, it'll take some doing to replicate that, we'll see I guess.

I agree with Mole on this one. You want him closer to your front man, as he supplies the forward with deadly passes more often than any other player I've ever seen. He's so good at it it's just stupid. I don't think Chelsea, Man United or Man City would use him this way, and Wenger has already come out and said that he now has Ozil there, and so he's not sure he can fit him in.

Apparently Liverpool are in the shadows and are considering him too. The thought of him supplying Sturridge and Suarez with their movement is absolutely terrifying.  I will bet on them winning a trophy of some sort next season if he signs there. It would be a sickener. Unreal that the money they're being asked to pay for Lallana can essentially get them Fabregas.

It's not as easy like. Fabregas would be on 150k/week minimum, whereas Lallana would be 70k/week. Over a 5 years contract, that's a hefty difference. We won't be able to compete for the very very big stars until the stadium expansion is complete, so I guess around 2019 at the earliest. Henry has always said wages are more important than signing fees for him, and spent 2 seasons setting up a performance based wage setting, hence Suarez' wages raising from 40k/week to 200k/week within 2 seasons. Really can't see us signing anyone who'd  command more than 100k/week at max salary seeing Sturridge and Sterling are due a bump as well.

That's why we aren't even bothering for Shaw for example, since Man Utd are reported to be paying 100k/week. That's insane IMO.

Fabregas is amazing. If Chelsea get him they'll win the league, if Arsenal get him they'll.....still come 4th.

But still, top player. He'd improve Man Utd dramatically.

Get Costa in and they should win it anyway. Should've won it last season.

Cost won't be scoring more than 15 league goals next season.

Feel free to quote me on that.

which would be enough to get Chelsea the title.

It won't, like. They'll be losing 12 goals from Eto'o , not to forget. Eto'o scored some important goals in big games for Chelsea this season.

It's a myth that all of Chelsea's problems is because of lack of a profiling striker. Chance creation is a bigger issue, but that's the sacrifice you take to have such defensive solidity as Mourinho's team has. Also, this year they had an exceptional record against teams around them that got them to 3rd, it'll take some doing to replicate that, we'll see I guess.

I agree with your points. But they only lost by fine margins and will be better next season. Mourinho will have a side more in his image and with all their money they'll spend it in the right places.

I think Chelsea and Mourinho under performed last season yet still only the 5-6 points away from 1st. If you've read my posts on Jose, I said the same things you are saying - before it actually happened. Unfortunately, Chelsea have too much money to let that happen again. 

Costa's not as good when facing a deep defence but he's better than what they have.

Lallana asking to leave?

Ashley should be kicking himself, the fat twat: We should have more sought after assets on our books and more clubs throwing money at us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27674609

Southampton captain Adam Lallana has told the club he wants to be allowed to leave St Mary's when he returns from the World Cup in Brazil.

The midfielder has not put in a transfer request but has made his feelings known to Southampton.

So he wants to leave but won't put in a transfer request? Telling his club he wants to leave should count as a transfer request. It's a disgrace how players can get "loyalty" payments by saying they didn't put in a written transfer request even though they wanted to leave and did everything they could to make it happen (apart from handing in a written transfer request).

completely agree, hell when was the last "official written transfer request"? Also the very concept of a "loyalty" payment is ludicrous

Fellaini...

did he actually put in one? Must have completely blanked that one out

completely agree, hell when was the last "official written transfer request"? Also the very concept of a "loyalty" payment is ludicrous

Fellaini...

did he actually put in one? Must have completely blanked that one out

Yep... Everton insisted like all clubs should... Didn't we do the same with Carroll?...

Important for him to choose his next destination wisely. He's the key player for a relatively small side and he'll have to adjust to being a complementary player at a bigger club.

Barca want him out though. Nobody will pay for £35m for him based on his form over the time he's been at Barca.

Put him behind the striker and he's still worth that money and then some. Problem at Barca is there is no position for him, shouldn't go back to Arsenal though he's the last thing they need.

is that really his best position? Think he's better a bit deeper in the Ramsey position.  But now they have Ramsey- there's no need for Cesc for all that money. Sanchez / Pedro would be a great signing for Arsenal.

Without a doubt, at least nowadays he needs to be at the end of attacks in between the lines as much as possible.

He's not the same player he was and doesn't have the dynamic ability to escape markers like Xavi and Pirlo can. Play him behind the striker, where he can either get in between midfields and defenses unlocking you with killer through balls or making runs beyond the striker ala Lampard.

If you don't play him behind the striker now you are wasting what his current strengths are IMO.

:thup:

The position CD wants him to play is the one he's been playing and failing consistently for Barcelona. He needs the number 10 role behind the striker, someone with more movement than Messi as well.

Brede Hangeland released by Fulham. Was one of the best defenders in the league 3 seasons ago. Still do a job here.

Better than Williamson but I think he's a player that could go earn money somewhere like the US and help that league get better.

Wouldn't judge anyone playing badly for Høgmo's Norway. They're all lost causes under him.

Under Drillo as well.

yeah I'm serious so what

Nobody played badly for Norway under Drillo though. :troll: