Other clubs' transfers

TBG

We've done the bare minimum in spending the Cabaye and Debuchy money and still haven't rectified the two glaring weaknesses up front and at the back. Feel a bit for De Jong coz if we don't get a striker he's got it all to do.

Giroud is such a lump anyway. Good player but you don't win the league with a player who can't beat a man or make goals himself. Better off just sticking Sanchez and Walcott upfront, they're desparate for some runners to make the most of Ozil.

Such crap, I know you are just regurgitating commonly repeated falsehoods but Dzeko and Negredo are similar players who won the league with Man City last year. Plus didn't Giroud just beat a man in the air on the weekend to score an equaliser?

Dzeko and Negredo>Giroud. Aguero also scored 17 goals in 22 apps.

Giroud is a good player but you really think he's good enough to be the main man when they are competing against Man City and Chelsea for the title?

Everton signing Lukaku and Eto'o, yet some of our fans still jizz at the prospect of complete unknowns with unremarkable records leading the line for us. Aye we've signed a heap of players this summer but we're clearly still leagues behind our competitors in terms of having an ambitious transfer policy.

This.

Giroud is a good player but you really think he's good enough to be the main man when they are competing against Man City and Chelsea for the title?

I do actually :) Also think he is at least on par with both Dzeko and Negredo. Sure, Arsenal still need another top striker to be in with a good chance of winning the title and simultaneously competing at the top level in Europe.

I do actually :) Also think he is at least on par with both Dzeko and Negredo. Sure, Arsenal still need another top striker to be in with a good chance of winning the title and simultaneously competing at the top level in Europe.

I like Giroud, but he's not Dzeko or Negredo. He wouldn't get a game for City.

Giroud is such a lump anyway. Good player but you don't win the league with a player who can't beat a man or make goals himself. Better off just sticking Sanchez and Walcott upfront, they're desparate for some runners to make the most of Ozil.

Such crap, I know you are just regurgitating commonly repeated falsehoods but Dzeko and Negredo are similar players who won the league with Man City last year. Plus didn't Giroud just beat a man in the air on the weekend to score an equaliser?

Dzeko and Negredo are both better, plus they also have Aguero.

Giroud really is one dimensional. Knack of scoring goals but his all round game isn't the best.

I like him, but he's clearly not good enough to lead the line for a team who want to win the title. As a squad member, maybe, but even then the other title runners have better options in their squad.

Di Maria is obviously a great player but I'm not sure hes worth that amount. I guess nowadays though you pay whatever it takes to sign your targets as players of that ability rarely come.on the market at any price. I hope for their sake they have some money left to sign a world class centre back and a good dm or theyll struggle to make the champions league.

Giroud really is one dimensional. Knack of scoring goals but his all round game isn't the best.

He's a very good one touch player. A good wall to play passes off and good finishing with his head and feet in the box.

Like you say though, pretty one dimensional. Never gonna get away from a player or create his own chances. Not somebody you want in possession outside of the box much. I don't even dislike Giroud that much, he's good at what he does, but I can imagine it pisses Arsenal fans off who know how much better the likes of Ozil and Cazorla would look with a more complete striker infront of them.

Di Maria is obviously a great player but I'm not sure hes worth that amount. I guess nowadays though you pay whatever it takes to sign your targets as players of that ability rarely come.on the market at any price. I hope for their sake they have some money left to sign a world class centre back and a good dm or theyll struggle to make the champions league.

Man Utd would be better off accepting that it'll take a few seasons to rebuild and start spreading their money around the squad IMO.

Vidal would be an idiot to leave Juve to sign up to their Project Desperation.

I've never been that impressed with Di Maria, he can certainly put a shift in and scores a few goals in a great attacking team but I'd say they're paying up to 40 million too much.

I'd understand if you thought they were paying too much and so on, but never been impressed by him? Was Reals best player for the 2nd half of the season last year and this while everyone was wanking over Bale's performances. Di Maria is a great player, the only problem is that just like Özil he sometimes fails to impose his quality in a game and disappears. The World Cup was an example where he failed to live up to expectations and I think Man U might be asking for too much from him by paying that fee. He's a great player and no doubt he'll improve them, but I'm not sure about that fee.

I hate how there is no consistency in the transfer market I mean Di Maria = x3 Toni Kroos and I know who I'd rather have in my side

I know it's a buyers market but must be only market where you pay way over the odds for a product. You wouldn't pay ridiculous prices for a TV set or a car from someone just because they initially didn't want to sell

I hate how there is no consistency in the transfer market I mean Di Maria = x3 Toni Kroos and I know who I'd rather have in my side

I know it's a buyers market but must be only market where you pay way over the odds for a product. You wouldn't pay ridiculous prices for a TV set or a car from someone just because they initially didn't want to sell

Toni Kroos had 1 year left of his contract. Contract length and PL TV money distorts the market to an extent it's almost pointless comparing fees paid these days.

I've never been that impressed with Di Maria, he can certainly put a shift in and scores a few goals in a great attacking team but I'd say they're paying up to 40 million too much.

The World Cup was an example where he failed to live up to expectations and I think Man U might be asking for too much from him by paying that fee. He's a great player and no doubt he'll improve them, but I'm not sure about that fee.

World Cup Golden Ball nominee.

Toni Kroos had 1 year left of his contract. Contract length and PL TV money distorts the market to an extent it's almost pointless comparing fees paid these days.

The World Cup was an example where he failed to live up to expectations and I think Man U might be asking for too much from him by paying that fee. He's a great player and no doubt he'll improve them, but I'm not sure about that fee.

World Cup Golden Ball nominee.

Oh right, forgot all about Messi being excellent in it too. :p