Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Wonder if Man Utd will bin off the 3-5-2 already then unless he's going to play WB which would be bold although I guess he and Rojo have a decent understanding from national team duties.

Wonder if Man Utd will bin off the 3-5-2 already then unless he's going to play WB which would be bold although I guess he and Rojo have a decent understanding from national team duties.

I'm curious too. LvG mentioned he adopted the 3-5-2 as he will be able to fit more players into the system. But with the few CBs and the fact that they are going on a spending spree anyway, why not play his familiar 4-3-3 and buy players to suit that system?

I'm curious too. LvG mentioned he adopted the 3-5-2 as he will be able to fit more players into the system. But with the few CBs and the fact that they are going on a spending spree anyway, why not play his familiar 4-3-3 and buy players to suit that system?

Because he'll have to push Rooney out wide or drop Van Persie entirely. He wants everyone to play in their best positions.

Because he'll have to push Rooney out wide or drop Van Persie entirely. He wants everyone to play in their best positions.

So will it be Di Maria in CM or at LWB, if so?

I've never been that impressed with Di Maria, he can certainly put a shift in and scores a few goals in a great attacking team but I'd say they're paying up to 40 million too much.

I'd understand if you thought they were paying too much and so on, but never been impressed by him? Was Reals best player for the 2nd half of the season last year and this while everyone was wanking over Bale's performances. Di Maria is a great player, the only problem is that just like Özil he sometimes fails to impose his quality in a game and disappears. The World Cup was an example where he failed to live up to expectations and I think Man U might be asking for too much from him by paying that fee. He's a great player and no doubt he'll improve them, but I'm not sure about that fee.

He was great in the WC, have a word with yourself :lol:

Yeah, they probably paid 30m too much, but fees are stupid these days.

This is how it is from my point of view.

Yes Di Maria was overpriced, but Man Yoo needed some top level talent desperately and Madrid wanted to keep him.

Sometimes to get who you want you have to overpay, see Bale. He's just what they need though, can't remember the last time they had a player who can inject pace into the attack from anywhere on the pitch.

Oh and they should play 442 diamond, it's the only system that puts all their players in their best positions.

I doubt Van Gaal does though.

Yeah, I was thinking this too.

Mata at the tip of the diamond. Di Maria left. Valencia (or if they get Vidal) right. Herrera at the base.

So will it be Di Maria in CM or at LWB, if so?

CM I hope.

Rafael                    Herrera                    Shaw

Mata                      Di Maria

Rooney            Van Persie

Herrera does love to put a foot in, but you would have to say that team lacks a bit of steel. It's why I'd be very happy if we signed De Jong.

I was more thinking Herrera to the right and Carrick when he's fit at the base tbh. ( or De Jong if they sign him)

Both probably work a lot better than how they are setup atm though.

Carrick is excellent at intercepting the ball but he's such a fanny when it comes to tackling. We'd get steamrollered by top teams in midfield if Carrick was the holder.

I was more thinking Herrera to the right and Carrick when he's fit at the base tbh. ( or De Jong if they sign him)

Both probably work a lot better than how they are setup atm though.

Carrick is excellent at intercepting the ball but he's such a fanny when it comes to tackling. We'd get steamrollered by top teams in midfield if Carrick was the holder.

Aye you would have to consistently win the ball higher up the pitch to prevent that from happening. Of course if you sign De Jong that part is covered anyway.

Van Persie

Di Maria    Rooney      Mata

De Jong   

Shaw                                      Rafael

Rojo    Jones    Evans

De Gea

What about that Froggy, if you get De Jong of course?

‏@JamesHorncastle  3m

Per @DiMarzio, agreement reached for Benatia. Bayern to pay Roma €26m plus €4m in add-ons. 5-yr deal for player. €4m p/a. Medical tomorrow

Manolas going to Roma to replace him.