Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Van Gaal has adopted the 3-5-1-2 fairly recently hasn't he? I don't see why people think he's so wedded to the idea apart from he liked how it worked for Holland and it accomodates RVP and Rooney in the same system in their preferred position. He won't be able to fit Di Maria into the system so will probably go 4-3-3 and p*ss off Rooney and RVP and possibly be the better for it.

I really hope they get 7th again or something. Think Van Gaal will do fine though but will start slow. If board panic and sack him early they will sink further.

Doubt it.

:lol: Ooops  :blush:

Great player but its hard to see where he fits alongside Rooney, RVP, and Mata. Mata out, Januzaj and di Maria in and forget about wing backs might be one way. I bet loads of planks on Red Cafe etc. think they should just drop Rooney.

Ozil arrived with a similar pedigree and hasn't set the league alight, so di Maria might take some time to settle. He's coming into an unbalanced team for a league record fee and the pressure to produce, most probably in a formation thats new to him, will be very big.

Great player but its hard to see where he fits alongside Rooney, RVP, and Mata. Mata out, Januzaj and di Maria in and forget about wing backs might be one way. I bet loads of planks on Red Cafe etc. think they should just drop Rooney.

Ozil arrived with a similar pedigree and hasn't set the league alight, so di Maria might take some time to settle. He's coming into an unbalanced team for a league record fee and the pressure to produce, most probably in a formation thats new to him, will be very big.

TBF to Özil he came into this league and was one of the best straight away, he just faded towards Christmas and disappeared and has never come back.

Rooney          RvP

Mata

Di Maria        Herrera

Carrick 

?

Would ask a lot from fullbacks. Although ADM can easily shift closer to touchline to bring width

Aye what I was thinking, any other setup causes strikers to play on the wing etc.

Agreeing with everyone saying he's phenomenal on the left side of a midfield 3.

He might find it tough physically with some of the challenges but he's brilliant in that position.

I would class Januzai, Mata, Rooney, Ozil etc. as forwards. Liability defensively when played in midfield but Di Maria is a proper misfielder. Real 'shuttler'.

Add another top midfielder and things could get very tasty.

De Jong is a scumbag but that would be an excellent signing IMO. Blind can cover three positions as well that we're currently short in. 26m for both is what I've heard. Not sure on how it's split but assuming Blind is a few million more.

De Jong is a scumbag but that would be an excellent signing IMO. Blind can cover three positions as well that we're currently short in. 26m for both is what I've heard. Not sure on how it's split but assuming Blind is a few million more.

De Jong is exactly what you need tbh. Surely though Man Utd are going to get a real top class cb too, the replacement for Vidic and Ferdinand can't just be Rojo.