Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Cabayé was never going to get in PSG's starting XI, he should've known that already.

Really? ???

I can't say I often see them, who's ahead of him that's so much better?

I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve to be in it, just that he won't.

Pastore and Verratti are ahead of him in playmaker roles, and that won't change in the short term.

I really like Veratti, he's quality. He probably has worse passing than Cabaye but more of an engine.

:thup: CD must have been so unlucky if Veratti has been poor every time he's seen him. He's inconsistent no doubt, but has such a high ceiling.

I really like Veratti, he's quality. He probably has worse passing than Cabaye but more of an engine.

:thup: CD must have been so unlucky if Veratti has been poor every time he's seen him. He's inconsistent no doubt, but has such a high ceiling.

Actually the main thing I wondered when PSG signed Cabaye was why they wanted to displace Veratti at this point in his development. Was always a strong chance Cabaye wouldn't get in.

Veratti's passing isn't as consistent but his vision is better, IMO, and he can pull off some absolutely fantastic eye-of-the-needle stuff.

I haven't really watched him in enough detail to see those that much, but he's always impressed me with how he gets around and influences the game. For such a young lad as well.

He's a right little b****** as well. He's great

That's what I enjoy the most about him, such a prick on the pitch :lol: Always looking to get under players skin. I'd still play Cabaye instead of him for PSG because of the sheer fact they need to score at the moment, but Veratti is going to be a player that will play until his late 30's considering the way he plays the game.

Maybe Cabaye is just overrated. Blanc was supposed to be his biggest fan and he still plays Motta, Matuidi and Verratti over him in all the big games.

I really don't think Motta and Matuidi are better players than him. I can see why Matuidi plays as he's so energetic and gives that midfield legs but I think YoCabs could come in for Motta and do just as good a job.

Maybe Cabaye is just overrated. Blanc was supposed to be his biggest fan and he still plays Motta, Matuidi and Verratti over him in all the big games.

I really don't think Motta and Matuidi are better players than him. I can see why Matuidi plays as he's so energetic and gives that midfield legs but I think YoCabs could come in for Motta and do just as good a job.

Nah, no way, Mottas is the player you don't take out in that midfield. He's by far their best midfielder.

Nah, no way, Mottas is the player you don't take out in that midfield. He's by far their best midfielder.

Plays for Brazil x

Born in Brazil ✓

I think he's a tad overrated, myself. He's a very tidy player and intelligent but I don't think PSG need him for a lot of Ligue 1 games (CL is a different story). If Cabaye came in for him: they could still keep possession well, the midfield balance would still be there and they'd have a player that offers more going forward. It's pretty crucial they keep on developing Veratti, who'll eclipse all of them if he keeps on progressing.

Ideally, you'd get take out Matuidi, but I think if you had a midfield 3 of Motta, Veratti and Cabaye then it's a bit powderpuff and one-paced (even for Ligue 1).

There's an obsession with overrating 'holding' players that offer very little to matches other than "being tidy". Arteta is the biggest example. He's not even tidy, he causes way more goals than he creates by being scared of big men.

:thup:

I love how similar Porto's Brahimi is. It's like Algeria just cloned Matuidi. Brahimi is absolutely mint too.

Seen very little of Brahimi, but isn't he more of an advanced technical player?

I think he's a tad overrated, myself. He's a very tidy player and intelligent but I don't think PSG need him for a lot of Ligue 1 games (CL is a different story). If Cabaye came in for him: they could still keep possession well, the midfield balance would still be there and they'd have a player that offers more going forward. It's pretty crucial they keep on developing Veratti, who'll eclipse all of them if he keeps on progressing.

Ideally, you'd get take out Matuidi, but I think if you had a midfield 3 of Motta, Veratti and Cabaye then it's a bit powderpuff and one-paced (even for Ligue 1).

Agree to disagree then, I'd ideally take Veratti out for Cabaye when they need goals. Matuidi is a cert in that midfield with Motta for me. There's no way of twisting it, I really believe both have to play for PSG to be at their best.

There's an obsession with overrating 'holding' players that offer very little to matches other than "being tidy". Arteta is the biggest example. He's not even tidy, he causes way more goals than he creates by being scared of big men.

Except Motta offers far more than being tidy. Not sure if that was Taydicks point, but if he means Motta is only tidy then it's ridiculous.

Except Motta offers far more than being tidy. Not sure if that was Taydicks point, but if he means Motta is only tidy then it's ridiculous.

I don't think it refers to Motta, I was just agreeing with the sentiment.

I don't think it refers to Motta, I was just agreeing with the sentiment.