Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I actually quite like him as a player.

Very good player just lost his way and had the ability coached out of him.

He was making adults look like fools before he was a teen.

what, like, 12? :lol:

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

Yup.

Decent players too.

Ah, right! Thought that was a typo  :lol:

Did you know people that played against him as a youngster then?

Yup.

Decent players too.

Yes, he grew up a stones throw from me.

We used to play in the local park together (when Leeds would let him)  :lol:

Yup.

Decent players too.

Nice, is it a case of too much too young?

That said, it's not as if he's tumbled down the leagues.

Lennon in the middle :lol:

All the lad can do is kick and run, I'd be like a lost puppy in the woods in the middle.

Nah! Lennon isn't a kick and chase guy man. That's Theo.

:serious:

Theo struggles to keep control dribbling at pace. He usually is best when he knocks it forward and then gets there quicker than the defender.

Lennon dribbles with the ball at pace really well, as does Sterling.

Walcott was one of the most devastating midfielders in the league for a few years before his injury. He's light years ahead of Lennon in almost every way.

Yup.

Decent players too.

Possibly, but his family kept him grounded. Don't get me wrong he was driving around let's in an m3 at 18 but he's cool, stayed friends with all the people he grew up with and what not.

I don't know what it is, but he was much more than just a hug the line winter in his youth, could dribble centrally and was a good finisher as well.

All the lad can do is kick and run, I'd be like a lost puppy in the woods in the middle.

Theo struggles to keep control dribbling at pace. He usually is best when he knocks it forward and then gets there quicker than the defender.

Walcott was one of the most devastating midfielders in the league for a few years before his injury. He's light years ahead of Lennon in almost every way.

This

Man, I love Walcott, but what I have said is just fact. Why do you now take this to mean I have said Lennon is better than Walcott? I would never take Lennon over him, ever.

Walcott was mostly a striker coming up, and it's always very evident when he is out wide. What he really excels at is getting into goalscoring positions from that position, and he is an excellent finisher.

His pace can also be used to good effect out there still, and he can still beat a man, sure, but he is not as comfortable on the ball when you watch him out wide man. His touch and close control when dribbling is not as good as Lennon's. No way.

Yup.

Decent players too.

Possibly, but his family kept him grounded. Don't get me wrong he was driving around let's in an m3 at 18 but he's cool, stayed friends with all the people he grew up with and what not.

I don't know what it is, but he was much more than just a hug the line winter in his youth, could dribble centrally and was a good finisher as well.

Cool, interesting to hear that. Do you think my comparison to Sterling was that way off? I see similarities at times.

I could certainly imagine him playing centrally too. He's certainly a better shooter than he is a crosser that's for sure.

Feel like he just got pushed out there due to his pace, and was told to hug the line by coaches, and it's taken away from his game.

Yup.

Decent players too.

Cool, interesting to hear that. Do you think my comparison to Sterling was that way off? I see similarities at times.

I could certainly imagine him playing centrally too. He's certainly a better shooter than he is a crosser that's for sure.

Feel like he just got pushed out there due to his pace, and was told to hug the line by coaches, and it's taken away from his game.

I see the comparison possibly in style, but I think Sterling has the ability to dribble at pace with his head up. Lennon keeps his head down far too long to be effective at creating openings or helping his teammates exploit the space he creates.

Man, I love Walcott, but what I have said is just fact. Why do you now take this to mean I have said Lennon is better than Walcott? I would never take Lennon over him, ever.

Walcott was mostly a striker coming up, and it's always very evident when he is out wide. What he really excels at is getting into goalscoring positions from that position, and he is an excellent finisher.

His pace can also be used to good effect out there still, and he can still beat a man, sure, but he is not as comfortable on the ball when you watch him out wide man. His touch and close control when dribbling is not as good as Lennon's. No way.

You called him a "kick and chase guy" so I thought you were laying the Kakdown on him :aww:

In his defence, it's quite hard to do anything on the wing for Arsenal as they play quite narrow and the opposing team usually has 10 men behind the ball.

Yeah, came across a bit harsher than intended. Really like Theo. Hope his injuries clear up. He'll make Ozil look a lot better too, as his runs are devastating. Arsenal really miss that player getting in behind currently.

I thought playing high up against the defensive line was Sanchez game but it's not. For Barcelona he always seemed very high up the pitch and pretty wide too, looking to get in behind the defence. Pedro seemed to do this too so I assume it was to stretch the opposition.

For Arsenal Sanchez seems to prefer the ball into feet and running across goal with the ball rather than without.

Yup.

Decent players too.

Yes and no Kaka, what we've seen from Lennon is more akin to an orthodox right winger where as Sterling has always been given more creative freedom than that.

I think Lennon had the ability to do what Sterling does now but that day seems to have gone.

He's played a couple of times centrally for Spurs and has looked quite ineffective to be honest but that could be more down to Spurs' style of play than anything else.

Absolute nonsense, for starters Walcott's best attribute is his off the ball movement to get into finishing positions he hardly dribbles at all.

Lennon can only dribble in straight lines and definitely is nowhere near Walcott general game and he cannot take a man on in closed space.

Sterling comparisons are strange, Sterling has vision, excellent explosion in tight spaces, close control etc.

Things Lennon has never had, not to mention Sterling has never looked great on the wing and his career took off when he moved to the middle.

Absolute nonsense, for starters Walcott's best attribute is his off the ball movement to get into finishing positions he hardly dribbles at all.

Lennon can only dribble in straight lines and definitely is nowhere near Walcott general game and he cannot take a man on in closed space.

Not many orthodox wingers can't dribble in small spaces when being double marked.

Also Walcott is an inside forward playing in a side which suites his style of play.

Lemon is a orthodox right winger playing in a system which hasn't suited him since redknapp has left and even then it's debatable

I'm almost convinced Mole hasn't read anything I wrote properly. My goodness.  :lol:

I've said exactly what you have about Theo's strengths in that position.

However, in instances where he is in a position to take on a man, it is clear he doesn't have Lennon's ability to do so. Simples.

This has absolutely no bearing on who is the better footballer overall.