Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Reports in France suggest Tottenham are on the verge of completing a deal for Monaco's highly-rated forward Anthony Martial.

According to France Football, Spurs are closing in on a €25m deal for the 19-year-old  Frenchman

A lot of money that

Only got 8 goals last season aswell. Mental money.

Guest firetotheworks

Has there been much talk about the specifics of what the big falling out was earlier in the season? I don't know whether the turn around in form has been because of the players or because of Enrique, but the outcome has obviously been spectacular.

Has there been much talk about the specifics of what the big falling out was earlier in the season? I don't know whether the turn around in form has been because of the players or because of Enrique, but the outcome has obviously been spectacular.

To be honest, no. Just lots of wild speculation. Manager and players have always denied any falling out, but that's to be expected I suppose.

Ultimately we are playing football the way Luís Enrique intended, so clearly he deserves plaudits.

Ings to Liverpool

Milner and Ings. Liverpool don't appear to want to challenge for the title.

This. Really not the calibre of player a team who want to win the title should be looking at.

Barça announced the signing of Aleix Vidal. Amount undisclosed but it seems it's around €12-15m. Won't play until January.

He's had a tremendous season, I hope he can keep progressing like that.

20+3.  :kasper:

His release clause is €25m. Madrid press is saying 18+4, which sounds better. We always get mugged anyway, I'll try no to get too p*ssed about it.

He's been amazing this year, if he's not a one-season wonder, it will be worth that.

Ings to Liverpool

Milner and Ings. Liverpool don't appear to want to challenge for the title.

This. Really not the calibre of player a team who want to win the title should be looking at.

Every squad, particularly one challenging for the title, needs depth. Milner featured in 26 and 31 of City's matches the seasons they won the league. And Ings is a good young player who can relieve Sturridge.

I don't think they'll challenge Chelsea/City/ManU/Arsenal regardless, they'd need to get Suarez back or someone of his caliber for that to happen. But adding Milner/Ings would definitely bolster their squad.

Ings is a funny one. It looks like this move is another of those where a young player jumps to a bigger team too early, especially when he will be there as one of their first choice strikers. I think now though Liverpool are a different beast, not what they once were and if he was going to make a jump I think it's as high as he could go without risking getting playing time. After Liverpool/Tottenham it's free for all each season for those lower places so there wouldn't be much between everyone else which isn't exactly appealing.

It does present an interesting question for the likes of Austin, Benteke and Berahino who I though might have gotten a look in. All 4 of them looked to move to another side, 1 has gone and I wonder where the others will go.