Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Bet there's not half the bollocks in the press about Kane to Man U than Sterling to Man City despite being similar levels of players, ages, clubs (to & from). But because Spurs didn't happen to have a 25-30 year spell nearly quarter of a century ago there won't be near the same lens of disgust.

Kane to Man Utd Austin to Spuds is a knocking bet..

Spurs will go after Benteke if they sell Kane.

And probably get the best end of the deal. He's a good player and a grafter. If he goes to Man United it'll be interesting to see if he's willing to work hard after the inevitable massive contract.

Bartra hinted that he might leave B'lona yesterday. It's not like we have a treasure throve of CBs...

Why hasn't he gotten games over Masch?

:lol: because Masch is better maybe?

Guest firetotheworks

You're kidding, aren't you? Sanchez is 6 years older. Barring serious injury there's no way Sterling won't become a better player than Sanchez - who couldn't make it on the biggest stage.

How's there 'no way that Sterling won't become a better player than Sanchez'? Because you've just decided? Sanchez couldn't make it at Barcelona, neither did Ibrahimovic, nor would Sterling, it's not even a point to make.

Sterling's 20 years old and already one of the best players in the league in his position. You watch him become a better player than Sanchez.

One of the best players in the league in his position isn't really saying a lot at the moment. I take your point about him being 20 though, but I'd be surprised if he went to Chelsea or Man City and didn't get the chance to live up to your expectations.

Guest firetotheworks

People call him a one season wonder as though anyone could fluke what he's achieved. Kane is the real deal, hope he stays at Spurs and continues developing there.

It's not about him fluking anything, it's about opposition defenders not knowing how to play against him yet. The Premier League has had plenty of players like Kane before that have had the same sort of quality and failed after a season or two.

Like.... only one I can think of is Phillips. Perhaps Cisse. Unless i've misunderstood your point.

I'm going to refrain from talking about Kane because at points last season he looked like a world beater. If he's that good he'll be one of the best in the world. The last striker to hit form like that out the blue (almost) was Cisse.

Ireland, Michael Johnson, Beattie, Bentley, Mido, Reyes, Ricketts, Santa Cruz, Michu, Zaki, Cisse, Jelavic, Jeffers, Ashley Young, Arshavin, Gyan, Benjani.

Some are dubious, but all started well and massively nose-dived or never lived up to their potential imo. That's mainly just attacking players as well. I don't think Phillips was a flash in the pan sort of thing as well, he scored plenty over a number of seasons. Actually no he didn't...that was in the Championship. Darren Huckerby's another.

Bartra hinted that he might leave B'lona yesterday. It's not like we have a treasure throve of CBs...

Then why all the hype about Bartra? I've seen loads of fans say that he's a future starter but if he's 24 and he can't beat out Mascherano, who isn't that good, then there doesn't seem much hope of him ever becoming good enough to start for a team like Barca

Then why all the hype about Bartra? I've seen loads of fans say that he's a future starter but if he's 24 and he can't beat out Mascherano, who isn't that good, then there doesn't seem much hope of him ever becoming good enough to start for a team like Barca

Is there hype about Bartra? He's been under 4 different managers and none has deemed him a starter. Nobody around here considers him nothing but a decent backup. Certainly not gonna get better than Mascherano, who's really great.